Sri Chinmoy's Concert in Manhattan

  • morrisklein27
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2004
      Sri Chinmoy recently gave a concert in Manhattan, in a very nice,
      well-lit auditorium with big windows overlooking the city.

      He wore a blue dhoti, and he performed on many different instruments
      - the esraj, the flute, the harmonium, the cello, the sarod, and the
      synthesizer.

      What strikes me about Sri Chinmoy's musical performances is how much
      and how intensely he gives of himself. I mean, he is singing and
      playing many of the same songs he has performed for almost forty
      years. But he never gets tired of sharing the life-giving, soul-
      stirring messages of his music. People listen to his music and they
      feel better.

      That was the striking experience I had this afternoon, as I was
      walking out of the auditorium. I felt better about myself. I think
      everybody in the audience was affected in some positive way.

      At the end of the concert, Sri Chinmoy handed everyone a brownie
      packaged in a gold-colored box. I saw how so many people who were
      not Sri Chinmoy's students expressed such gratitude and admiration
      to him for coming and playing for them.

      I really appreciate Sri Chinmoy for going out of his way to share
      his spirituality and his inner happiness with other people. It's
      made a big difference in my life, and I am sure many hundreds of
      thousands of others would say the same thing.

      Morris
    • fran_cardiff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 1:27 PM
        Hi there! I just posted a message saying how great it is for those
        of us living far away when someone posts a message describing a
        recent function in NY, and how I haven't seen one for a while...and
        then I found your description of Sri Chinmoy's concert in Manhattan.
        It gave me so much joy, so thank you for your time and your
        attention to detail - I feel that I have also enjoyed the chocolate
        brownies!

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, morrisklein27