great meditation teachers

  • nurarimerry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004
      [From Nurari]

      Whilst running this morning I had an insight into how inspiration
      from one great Teacher can grow into a connection with great
      meditation Teachers from the past. I was timing myself for 2 miles
      (I am not too technical, using my alarm clock!). I was singing to
      myself the chant "Buddham saranam gacchami, Dhammam saranam
      gacchami, Sangham saranam gacchami" [The Three Refuges], which Sri
      Chinmoy has set to music. It is very rhythmic and kept me going. At
      one point I felt a lightnesss and clarity enter into me. While going
      home all the flowers seemed extra beautiful. At work later,
      customers commented how peaceful it was in the cafe and I felt more
      inspired than I have done for a while. I realised how meditating
      with Sri Chinmoy has given me a closeness to the Lord Buddha, Sri
      Krishna and other Teachers that I could never have dreamed of. It is
      something completely unexpected and humbling that I am grateful for.
    • alex_syberia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004
        Dear Nurari,

        I have received inspiration from your message. I would be
        extremely eager to find the song "Buddham saranam... ", but I cannot
        find the notes in any way. Unfortunately, it is not present on:

        http://www.srichinmoysongs.com

        If you could help me find it, I would be very happy. During a run, I
        frequently sing songs to myself, and it gives me inspiration and
        added force for a successful run.

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nurarimerry

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
          [From Nurari]

          Dear Alex

          I can fax you a copy. Can you contact me privately with a fax
          number? Or you could try reaching Tanima in New York who is a living
          encyclopedia of Sri Chinmoy's music!

          Nurari

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, alex_syberia