OT - Soccer

  • projjwal27
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 20, 2004
      Most of you may not know this, but right now is the European Soccer
      Championships going on in Portugal - a huge event for European
      soccer since it is only every 4 years.

      I like soccer a lot and so far - as time permits - I have watched a
      few games. When watching a match it is interesting how I start to
      favour one team. When Germany plays of course I am 100% for them -
      being in ecstasy or in deep despair, depending on the result -
      unfortunately recently there wasn't much "ecstasy". But that's a
      different story.

      But what is great about these 16 countries playing each other is
      that from quite a few countries I have one or more friends that I
      start thinking of and identifying with in their soccer joys and
      sorrows. Yesterday, for example, I watched Holland against Czech
      Republic and I just couldn't help thinking of my Dutch and my Czech
      friends watching the game - one of the best games I have ever seen
      by the way - and sharing their feelings.

      But it was funny to see how, although I like Unmukta (of Holland) a
      lot (he is a great right wing midfielder), I somehow favoured the
      Czech team?! They finally won and I was really happy and excited,
      although somehow sad for Unmukta.

      Being in the same group as Germany makes us even closer in our
      soccermania. But then there is also France and England in a group
      together - Madhupa, Devashishu and Sahadeva - which somehow for
      unknown reasons I favoured France. Or Italy with Michele and
      Nivedak. Sports definitely has the power of uniting people!*

      I actually don't know why I am writing this - maybe to show you an
      example of a completely useless and meaningless posting!

      Projjwal
      the pretty useless posterer

      *Moderator's note: For a nominal fee, a secret decoder ring is
      available which will help the average reader make sense of this
      paragraph. :)
    • johnji_nz
      Message 2 of 27 , Jun 20, 2004
        Hi Projjwal,

        If you're in a spirit of commiseration, spare a thought for Kiwi
        soccer fans at the moment, whose national team just lost 4-2 to
        Vanuatu. Vanuatu - population under 200,000, 5,500 sq miles in size,
        65% literacy rate - located somewhere in the middle of the Pacific
        Ocean, international soccer players: 0. !!!!

        I'm sure everybody else in the group is incredibly uninterested in
        this, but this loss has just denied NZ qualification to the World
        Cup and Confederations Cup for the next 6 years! (And yes Australia
        - New Zealand has actually been to a World Cup! : )

        When not supporting New Zealand, here in NZ we normally switch our
        allegiance to England (the "Mother Country" after all), although
        like Projjwal I feel a great deal of oneness with the Czechs due to
        all of our friends there.

        On a more "inspired" note, one can't help but admire the way
        sporting tournaments like this bring us all closer together - in a
        kind "Oneness World-Family" if you like - even if only briefly.

        Regards,

        John

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, projjwal27
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Most of you may not know this, but right now is the European Soccer
        > Championships going on in Portugal - a huge event for European
        > soccer since it is only every 4 years.
        >
        > I like soccer a lot and so far - as time permits - I have watched a
        > few games. When watching a match it is interesting how I start to
        > favour one team. When Germany plays of course I am 100% for them -
        > being in ecstasy or in deep despair, depending on the result -
        > unfortunately recently there wasn't much "ecstasy". But that's a
        > different story.
        >
        > But what is great about these 16 countries playing each other is
        > that from quite a few countries I have one or more friends that I
        > start thinking of and identifying with in their soccer joys and
        > sorrows. Yesterday, for example, I watched Holland against Czech
        > Republic and I just couldn't help thinking of my Dutch and my Czech
        > friends watching the game - one of the best games I have ever seen
        > by the way - and sharing their feelings.
        >
        > But it was funny to see how, although I like Unmukta (of Holland) a
        > lot (he is a great right wing midfielder), I somehow favoured the
        > Czech team?! They finally won and I was really happy and excited,
        > although somehow sad for Unmukta.
        >
        > Being in the same group as Germany makes us even closer in our
        > soccermania. But then there is also France and England in a group
        > together - Madhupa, Devashishu and Sahadeva - which somehow for
        > unknown reasons I favoured France. Or Italy with Michele and
        > Nivedak. Sports definitely has the power of uniting people!*
        >
        > I actually don't know why I am writing this - maybe to show you an
        > example of a completely useless and meaningless posting!
        >
        > Projjwal
        > the pretty useless posterer
        >

        > *Moderator's note: For a nominal fee, a secret decoder ring is
        > available which will help the average reader make sense of this
        > paragraph. :)
      • karel_honegr
        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 20, 2004
          [From Karel]

          We had a great and nice Czechoslovak Joy Day just yesterday in
          Slovakia. We were a little concerned if we can watch our match with
          Holland there because it was in the mountains where the TV signal is
          often not available. So we called to the hotel before we went there,
          and they assured us they had a satellite TV (and TV in every room:-
          ))).

          We had an evening full of most intense prayers. ;-) First we were
          praying for Latvian victory - we were not really successful, but
          still happy how they played against Germany. Then our match with
          Holland ensued. Most of the Czech guys actually favour Holland just
          after our own team... bad luck we are in the same group:-(. That
          match was really bewildering - those who saw it know what I speak
          about... We did our best with our prayers just from the beginning of
          the match, and we were taught a lesson - to lose with Holland after
          20 minutes 2:0 usually means that the game is lost... so I said to
          myself let them play their best - that is all we can do... God will
          decide who is the right team to win. Since I accepted this attitude,
          I was happy even with us losing, since players were really doing
          their best...

          To my great surprise the game took a completely different course
          after a while, and the lesson for me came to the fore - never to
          forget not to claim any results, so as to be free from all
          disturbances (worries, anxieties etc.).

          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Most of you may not know this, but right now is the European Soccer
          > Championships going on in Portugal - a huge event for European
          > soccer since it is only every 4 years.
          >
          > I like soccer a lot and so far - as time permits - I have watched a
          > few games. When watching a match it is interesting how I start to
          > favour one team. When Germany plays of course I am 100% for them -
          > being in ecstasy or in deep despair, depending on the result -
          > unfortunately recently there wasn't much "ecstasy". But that's a
          > different story.
          >
          > But what is great about these 16 countries playing each other is
          > that from quite a few countries I have one or more friends that I
          > start thinking of and identifying with in their soccer joys and
          > sorrows. Yesterday, for example, I watched Holland against Czech
          > Republic and I just couldn't help thinking of my Dutch and my Czech
          > friends watching the game - one of the best games I have ever seen
          > by the way - and sharing their feelings.
          >
          > But it was funny to see how, although I like Unmukta (of Holland) a
          > lot (he is a great right wing midfielder), I somehow favoured the
          > Czech team?! They finally won and I was really happy and excited,
          > although somehow sad for Unmukta.
          >
          > Being in the same group as Germany makes us even closer in our
          > soccermania. But then there is also France and England in a group
          > together - Madhupa, Devashishu and Sahadeva - which somehow for
          > unknown reasons I favoured France. Or Italy with Michele and
          > Nivedak. Sports definitely has the power of uniting people!*
          >
          > I actually don't know why I am writing this - maybe to show you an
          > example of a completely useless and meaningless posting!
          >
          > Projjwal
          > the pretty useless posterer
          >

          > *Moderator's note: For a nominal fee, a secret decoder ring is
          > available which will help the average reader make sense of this
          > paragraph. :)
        • projjwal27
          Message 4 of 27 , Jun 21, 2004
            Since I admitted that I was favouring the Czech team against
            Holland, I am a little disappointed that there were actually prayers
            for a Latvian victory against Germany!!! Next time I will have to
            reconsider which team I will favour!!

            I am glad though that your rather conditional prayer transformed
            into a more unconditional one during the Czech-Holland match. For
            advanced seekers like us there should be only "let thy will be done"
            - although really advanced soccer fans can use the "let my team win"
            prayer, but the Supreme is not necessarily listening too much to
            that one.

            Projjwal
            the soccer fan

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karel_honegr

          • toni1409
            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 21, 2004
              Hi Projjwal

              Your post is very actual to us, because quite a few boys from the
              Center here in Macedonia are living in soccer fever, watching almost
              every game together and playing three games per week minimum.
              Finding out that soccer is Sri Chinmoy's favorite game just added
              more fuel to the fire.

              This is what is happening these days in Macedonia.

              Cherishing the Soccer Spirit :-)
              Toni

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Most of you may not know this, but right now is the European Soccer
              > Championships going on in Portugal - a huge event for European
              > soccer since it is only every 4 years.
              >
              > I like soccer a lot and so far - as time permits - I have watched a
              > few games. When watching a match it is interesting how I start to
              > favour one team. When Germany plays of course I am 100% for them -
              > being in ecstasy or in deep despair, depending on the result -
              > unfortunately recently there wasn't much "ecstasy". But that's a
              > different story.
              >
              > But what is great about these 16 countries playing each other is
              > that from quite a few countries I have one or more friends that I
              > start thinking of and identifying with in their soccer joys and
              > sorrows. Yesterday, for example, I watched Holland against Czech
              > Republic and I just couldn't help thinking of my Dutch and my Czech
              > friends watching the game - one of the best games I have ever seen
              > by the way - and sharing their feelings.
              >
              > But it was funny to see how, although I like Unmukta (of Holland) a
              > lot (he is a great right wing midfielder), I somehow favoured the
              > Czech team?! They finally won and I was really happy and excited,
              > although somehow sad for Unmukta.
              >
              > Being in the same group as Germany makes us even closer in our
              > soccermania. But then there is also France and England in a group
              > together - Madhupa, Devashishu and Sahadeva - which somehow for
              > unknown reasons I favoured France. Or Italy with Michele and
              > Nivedak. Sports definitely has the power of uniting people!*
              >
              > I actually don't know why I am writing this - maybe to show you an
              > example of a completely useless and meaningless posting!
              >
              > Projjwal
              > the pretty useless posterer
              >

              > *Moderator's note: For a nominal fee, a secret decoder ring is
              > available which will help the average reader make sense of this
              > paragraph. :)
            • karel_honegr
              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 21, 2004
                [From Karel]

                Dear Projjwal,

                I guess you know Germans are the most successful team in Euro/World
                soccer championship (from the historical point of view). We [Czechs]
                usually prefer to support the weaker teams with our conditional and
                perhaps weak prayers, so that they can also became victorious:-)

                Now as an advanced soccer fan and spiritual seeker, maybe you could
                enlighten me on the following matter: what kind of spiritual
                activity of a few dedicated spiritual seekers could ensure victory
                in the European championship for the Czech team? For example, each
                of us could meditate for one more hour till the end of the
                championship or we could learn some prayers or spiritual songs by
                heart or something like that... (We could test it already on
                Wednesday to defeat you:-))

                Now enough of joking... I have a real question:-): How can I
                influence the course of events in the outer world in a way I feel is
                correct? I know I can use the supreme prayer "let Thy will be done"
                or I can meditate on that particular event so that through my
                oneness with that event some divine quality enters into it. But I
                wonder are there any other spiritual methods I could go for?

                not that advanced soccer fan and spiritual seeker
                Karel

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                > > >
                > > > But it was funny to see how, although I like Unmukta (of
                > > > Holland) a lot (he is a great right wing midfielder), I
                > > > somehow favoured the Czech team?! They finally won and I was
                > > > really happy and excited, although somehow sad for Unmukta.
                > > >
                > > > Being in the same group as Germany makes us even closer in our
                > > > soccermania. But then there is also France and England in a
                > > > group together - Madhupa, Devashishu and Sahadeva - which
                > > > somehow for unknown reasons I favoured France. Or Italy with
                > > > Michele and Nivedak. Sports definitely has the power of
                > > > uniting people!*
                > > >
                > > > I actually don't know why I am writing this - maybe to show
                > > > you an example of a completely useless and meaningless
                > > > posting!
                > > >
                > > > Projjwal the pretty useless posterer
                > > >

                > > > *Moderator's note: For a nominal fee, a secret decoder ring is
                > > > available which will help the average reader make sense of
              • projjwal27
                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 22, 2004
                  Dear Karel,

                  first of all, you never know how the Supreme is answering a prayer.
                  Who knows, maybe one simple prayer said with tremendous devotion and
                  soulfulness might be fulfilled by the Supreme. And maybe millions of
                  people praying for the same thing - the Supreme may not want to
                  fulfil their prayers.

                  Praying to me was not an issue for many years on the spiritual path.
                  Only a few years ago prayer became an important extra "boon" in my
                  inner life when I went through a very interesting and difficult
                  time.

                  Meditation and prayer are 2 forms of getting in touch with God. As
                  Sri Chinmoy has expressed: In meditation God speaks and I listen,
                  and in prayer I speak and God listens. So both can be very
                  fulfilling when the inner attitude is right. Humility, love and
                  devotion are some ingredients of this sweet intimate communication
                  with God.

                  When I pray I try to pray for the "right thing" - not so much what I
                  want (Germany to win in soccer), but rather try to pray for
                  something that the Supreme may want me to experience or may want to
                  happen or manifest in my life.

                  If you want to influence certain things in the world, there are
                  definitely quite a few prayer and meditation techniques that Sri
                  Chinmoy has given. For example, in the German language there is a
                  book called "Meditationstechniken" - a collection of 100 simple
                  meditation techniques for different occasions. If you go through the
                  huge variety of Sri Chinmoy's books, I am sure you'll find the right
                  answers and methods you are looking for.

                  The best prayer will always be "let Thy will be done", although
                  sometimes at least I am not quite ready for that prayer in terms of
                  my surrendered attitude - I want God to do something more in my own
                  way. And that is quite okay, because a conditional prayer is most of
                  the time better than no prayer at all. But don't forget - the
                  Supreme may listen to your prayer!

                  And I am sure the Czech team will do great in the European Soccer
                  Cup - if you guys pray for it or not - they are a great team.

                  Projjwal
                  the prayer beginner

                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                  > > > Then our match with Holland ensued. Most of the Czech guys
                  > > > actually favour Holland just after our own team... bad luck we
                  > > > are in the same group:-(. That match was really bewildering -
                  > > > those who saw it know what I speak about... We did our best with
                  > > > our prayers just from the beginning of the match, and we were
                  > > > taught a lesson - to lose with Holland after 20 minutes 2:0
                  > > > usually means that the game is lost... so I said to myself let
                  > > > them play their best - that is all we can do... God will decide
                  > > > who is the right team to win. Since I accepted this attitude, I
                  > > > was happy even with us losing, since players were really doing
                  > > > their best...
                  > > >
                  > > > To my great surprise the game took a completely different course
                  > > > after a while, and the lesson for me came to the fore - never to
                  > > > forget not to claim any results, so as to be free from all

                • hiddetangerman
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 22, 2004
                    [From Hidde]

                    While reading the enthusiastic reports from different sides about
                    the European Cup, I felt obliged to share my views and feelings as a
                    Dutchman, especially after the much talked about, dramatic and
                    elevating, even soul-stirring match Holland vs. Czech Republic,
                    which ended (from my point of view at least) so tragically.

                    I'm afraid it's going to be an 'insiders' story, so apologies to
                    those not blessed with either European television or soccer mania.

                    Here in Holland, the blow after the unexpected, dramatic defeat has
                    hit really hard. It is amazing to see the intensity of emotions
                    emerging through the game of soccer. I don't know any other game
                    that generates such powerful (both constructive and unconstructive)
                    feelings as the game of soccer. It feels as if our entire nation has
                    suffered a tremendous loss, as if a politician was shot, or the
                    economy collapsed, or something of the sort.

                    Of course, it really was a tragedy, if you look at the game from the
                    outset. Leading 2-0 after 20 minutes and still giving the game away
                    through blunders of the players (Cocu giving away the 2-1 through a
                    catastrophic pass), the referee (not giving a penalty where it was
                    one unmistakably, giving a red card where it definitely wasn't one)
                    and the coach (substituting our most valuable player after 59
                    minutes).

                    I was watching the game with two friends (one of them being
                    Unmukta), and we went through the whole spectrum of emotions, from
                    sheer ecstasy through disbelief, horror and, finally, deepest
                    sorrow. All within the span of 90 minutes! Ultimately I felt an
                    overwhelming sense of compassion, from a higher source, descend on
                    all the players and supporters and a feeling of pride for playing
                    well and enthusiastically.

                    I just couldn't bring myself to feel joy for the Czechs (and our
                    countless brother-disciple-friends there) at that particular moment
                    - the pangs were too intense - but now that the worst has gone I
                    congratulate them most sincerely with their superb team effort. I
                    think they stand a very good chance to become the European
                    Champions.

                    All that remains now are the two matches tomorrow (Wednesday) night,
                    that will decide who is going on in our league: Germany or Holland.
                    We've already rescheduled our meditation half an hour earlier, so we
                    can see the match. It's that important!!! Best of luck to the Czechs
                    and sorry Projjwal, but I hope your team loses (or draws).

                    To conclude on a spiritual note, I think that these Championships
                    are about more than just soccer. It's about presenting your country
                    and your country's pride to the world. It's about feeling oneness
                    among nations, enjoying each other's good qualities, forgiving the
                    bad qualities, experiencing the thrills of victory and the pangs of
                    defeat and having a really good time with each other,
                    internationally!

                    Besides that, it's also a really good lesson in detachment.

                    Love,

                    Hidde
                    (from Amsterdam, Holland)
                  • nayaknayaknayak
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jun 22, 2004
                      Hidde, it is very nice to hear from you. You did such an excellent
                      job in speaking about our path to an audience in Bali when we were
                      there together. You are also a very fast runner.

                      One of my associates here in our divine enterprise is the great
                      Blazej, from the Czech Republic. He was so happy that the Czech
                      Republic won that match. I guess that this winning and losing,
                      winning and losing is helping us to become detached. One thing that
                      both teams won is the intensity of their play.

                      Thank you for the good memories and the dedication to your team.

                      Yours,

                      Nayak

                      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, hiddetangerman

                    • karel_honegr
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jun 23, 2004
                        [From Karel]

                        Dear Hidde,

                        you are absolutely right about your misfortune. The referee made a
                        few decisions in our favour - that penalty was very obviously well
                        deserved by Nistelroy...

                        I guess it is the detachment lesson for all of us... I hope we will
                        meet in the final match:-)

                        yours
                        Karel

                        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                        > Champions.
                        >
                        > All that remains now are the two matches tomorrow (Wednesday) night,
                        > that will decide who is going on in our league: Germany or Holland.
                        > We've already rescheduled our meditation half an hour earlier, so we
                        > can see the match. It's that important!!! Best of luck to the Czechs
                        > and sorry Projjwal, but I hope your team loses (or draws).
                        >
                        > To conclude on a spiritual note, I think that these Championships
                        > are about more than just soccer. It's about presenting your country
                        > and your country's pride to the world. It's about feeling oneness
                        > among nations, enjoying each other's good qualities, forgiving the
                        > bad qualities, experiencing the thrills of victory and the pangs of
                        > defeat and having a really good time with each other,
                        > internationally!
                        >
                        > Besides that, it's also a really good lesson in detachment.

                      • sarada1007
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jun 23, 2004
                          Oh Projjwal, what have you done? You have opened the soccer
                          floodgates and now there is no way to stem the tide.

                          So. I'm sorry, I cannot help myself. I don't even watch soccer
                          usually, but the whole of Europe has gone a little crazy.

                          We are delighted that our brother-sister nation, France has gone
                          forward with England from our group. What could have been a better
                          result for these two oneness-nation hearts? I am so sorry about the
                          Croatians and the Swiss, though. Oh dear, our poor Madal Bal mother-
                          nation is gone.

                          Yes, yes, the Italians have gone too. It's so sad! My local Italian
                          coffee shop was in mourning today. I'd swear there was a little less
                          froth on my cappuccino than usual...

                          Last soccer posting from me, I promise. Sorry and all that.

                          Sarada
                        • dharmaja
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 23, 2004
                            "This universe is a constant mystery of gain and loss."
                            --- Sri Chinmoy

                            d.a.
                            San Diego, California

                            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak

                            Message 13 of 27 , Jun 24, 2004
                              Dear Sarada,

                              See what soccer can do! Even you are delighted that France and
                              England moved on to the quarterfinals, although soccer is not your
                              favourite subject.

                              Unfortunately yesterday was a sad day for me - Germany lost and is
                              out of the European Cup. It did not come as a surprise though - the
                              team is not that good these days and the good luck that they usually
                              have turned into bad luck yesterday.

                              There is actually a saying that did not come true: Soccer is 22
                              players on the field, one ball, two goals and in the end Germany
                              wins.

                              Anyway I will follow the rest of the games with excitement and fun
                              thinking of Karel, Hidde, Devashishu, Toni and all the other soccer
                              lovers whose teams are still in the cup!

                              Now the exciting games start - no more draws - one team has to win,
                              and I am looking forward to exciting overtime plays and penalty
                              shootouts - the real test for the nerves!

                              And for us: I think in the spirit of that EC we will have a great
                              international joyday soccer match on Sunday morning.

                              Projjwal
                              the sad soccer fan

                              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
                              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                              > Oh Projjwal, what have you done? You have opened the soccer
                              > floodgates and now there is no way to stem the tide.
                              >
                              > So. I'm sorry, I cannot help myself. I don't even watch soccer
                              > usually, but the whole of Europe has gone a little crazy.
                              >
                              > We are delighted that our brother-sister nation, France has gone
                              > forward with England from our group. What could have been a better
                              > result for these two oneness-nation hearts? I am so sorry about the
                              > Croatians and the Swiss, though. Oh dear, our poor Madal Bal mother-
                              > nation is gone.
                              >
                              > Yes, yes, the Italians have gone too. It's so sad! My local Italian
                              > coffee shop was in mourning today. I'd swear there was a little less
                              > froth on my cappuccino than usual...
                              >
                              > Last soccer posting from me, I promise. Sorry and all that.
                              >
                              > Sarada
                            • karel_honegr
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jun 24, 2004
                                [From Karel]

                                Der Projjwal,

                                there is unfortunately a limited number of places in the
                                quaterfinals and you did not make it. At least Dutch can be happy. I
                                really believe you have a good team and I wish you a good luck
                                during the qualification for world championship.

                                I truly enjoy the show of positive qualities all the teams are
                                presenting to us. Determination, sacrifice, will power - all in
                                abundant measure. I can only wish to be able to fight my own
                                ignorance with such a vigour.

                                my personal wish for final: Holland vs Czech

                                Karel
                                (also on behalf of Udayachal who is inspired to read but not to
                                post:-))

                                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                > Dear Sarada,
                                >
                                > See what soccer can do! Even you are delighted that France and
                                > England moved on to the quarterfinals, although soccer is not your
                                > favourite subject.
                                >
                                > Unfortunately yesterday was a sad day for me - Germany lost and is
                                > out of the European Cup. It did not come as a surprise though - the
                                > team is not that good these days and the good luck that they usually
                                > have turned into bad luck yesterday.
                                >
                                > There is actually a saying that did not come true: Soccer is 22
                                > players on the field, one ball, two goals and in the end Germany
                                > wins.
                                >
                                > Anyway I will follow the rest of the games with excitement and fun
                                > thinking of Karel, Hidde, Devashishu, Toni and all the other soccer
                                > lovers whose teams are still in the cup!
                                >
                                > Now the exciting games start - no more draws - one team has to win,
                                > and I am looking forward to exciting overtime plays and penalty
                                > shootouts - the real test for the nerves!
                                >
                                > And for us: I think in the spirit of that EC we will have a great
                                > international joyday soccer match on Sunday morning.
                                >
                                > Projjwal
                                > the sad soccer fan
                                >
                                > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
                                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                > > Oh Projjwal, what have you done? You have opened the soccer
                                > > floodgates and now there is no way to stem the tide.
                                > >
                                > > So. I'm sorry, I cannot help myself. I don't even watch soccer
                                > > usually, but the whole of Europe has gone a little crazy.
                                > >
                                > > We are delighted that our brother-sister nation, France has gone
                                > > forward with England from our group. What could have been a
                                > > better result for these two oneness-nation hearts? I am so sorry
                                > > about the Croatians and the Swiss, though. Oh dear, our poor
                                > > Madal Bal mother- nation is gone.
                                > >
                                > > Yes, yes, the Italians have gone too. It's so sad! My local
                                > > Italian coffee shop was in mourning today. I'd swear there was a
                                > > little less froth on my cappuccino than usual...
                                > >
                                > > Last soccer posting from me, I promise. Sorry and all that.
                                > >
                                > > Sarada
                              • martanda2003
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jun 24, 2004
                                  [From Martanda]

                                  I have not been a man of prayer myself; perhaps this has changed
                                  over the last year or two. Lately I like to focus on a project/
                                  problem and simply pray: "Supreme I bow to Thee" as a variation on
                                  "Let thy will be done." I think if you have meditated for many
                                  years, and "sharpened" and refined the "inner tools," prayers can
                                  have great power in them.

                                  Martanda
                                  Another beginner

                                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                                  > > into it. But I wonder are there any other spiritual methods I
                                  > > could go for?
                                  > >
                                  > > not that advanced soccer fan and spiritual seeker Karel
                                  > >

                                  > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, projjwal27
                                  > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                  > > > Since I admitted that I was favouring the Czech team against
                                  > > > Holland, I am a little disappointed that there were actually
                                  > > > prayers for a Latvian victory against Germany!!! Next time I
                                  > > > will have to reconsider which team I will favour!!
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I am glad though that your rather conditional prayer
                                  > > > transformed into a more unconditional one during the
                                  > > > Czech-Holland match. For advanced seekers like us there should
                                  > > > be only "let thy will be done" - although really advanced
                                  > > > soccer fans can use the "let my team win" prayer, but the
                                  > > > Supreme is not necessarily listening too much to that one.

                                • sarada1007
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jun 25, 2004
                                    By the way, if any of our poor soccer-deprived friends from outside
                                    Europe wonder what on earth everyone is going on about, you can look
                                    at the web site below for information on all the final phase
                                    matches. Hope the link works OK for you.

                                    http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/euro2004/final/

                                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                    > [From Karel]
                                    >
                                    > Der Projjwal,
                                    >
                                    > there is unfortunately a limited number of places in the
                                    > quaterfinals and you did not make it. At least Dutch can be happy. I
                                    > really believe you have a good team and I wish you a good luck
                                    > during the qualification for world championship.
                                    >
                                    > I truly enjoy the show of positive qualities all the teams are
                                    > presenting to us. Determination, sacrifice, will power - all in
                                    > abundant measure. I can only wish to be able to fight my own
                                    > ignorance with such a vigour.
                                    >
                                    > my personal wish for final: Holland vs Czech
                                    >
                                    > Karel
                                    > (also on behalf of Udayachal who is inspired to read but not to
                                    > post:-))
                                    >

                                    > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, projjwal27
                                    > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                    > > Dear Sarada,
                                    > >
                                    > > See what soccer can do! Even you are delighted that France and
                                    > > England moved on to the quarterfinals, although soccer is not
                                    > > your favourite subject.
                                    > >
                                    > > Unfortunately yesterday was a sad day for me - Germany lost and
                                    > > is out of the European Cup. It did not come as a surprise though
                                    > > - the team is not that good these days and the good luck that
                                    > > they usually have turned into bad luck yesterday.
                                    > >
                                    > > There is actually a saying that did not come true: Soccer is 22
                                    > > players on the field, one ball, two goals and in the end Germany
                                    > > wins.
                                    > >
                                    > > Anyway I will follow the rest of the games with excitement and
                                    > > fun thinking of Karel, Hidde, Devashishu, Toni and all the other
                                    > > soccer lovers whose teams are still in the cup!
                                    > >
                                    > > Now the exciting games start - no more draws - one team has to
                                    > > win, and I am looking forward to exciting overtime plays and
                                    > > penalty shootouts - the real test for the nerves!
                                    > >
                                    > > And for us: I think in the spirit of that EC we will have a
                                    > > great international joyday soccer match on Sunday morning.
                                    > >
                                    > > Projjwal
                                    > > the sad soccer fan
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007
                                    > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                    > > > Oh Projjwal, what have you done? You have opened the soccer
                                    > > > floodgates and now there is no way to stem the tide.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > So. I'm sorry, I cannot help myself. I don't even watch soccer
                                    > > > usually, but the whole of Europe has gone a little crazy.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > We are delighted that our brother-sister nation, France has gone
                                    > > > forward with England from our group. What could have been a
                                    > > > better result for these two oneness-nation hearts? I am so sorry
                                    > > > about the Croatians and the Swiss, though. Oh dear, our poor
                                    > > > Madal Bal mother- nation is gone.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Yes, yes, the Italians have gone too. It's so sad! My local
                                    > > > Italian coffee shop was in mourning today. I'd swear there was a
                                    > > > little less froth on my cappuccino than usual...
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Last soccer posting from me, I promise. Sorry and all that.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Sarada
                                  • richard13_oxford
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jun 25, 2004
                                      Dear friends,

                                      Please forgive me if the highlights are a little late this
                                      week. My excuse is that, I have been sidetracked by a certain
                                      football competition. But England are out now. I shall be able to
                                      drag myself away from the TV.

                                      Penalty shoot outs are torture.

                                      I'm grateful there is more to life than football.

                                      Richard
                                    • jaganta94
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jun 27, 2004
                                        [From Jaganta]

                                        Dear soccer lovers

                                        Those who know me know that I love soccer over all, not only playing
                                        with my friends on joy days, in NY or in any places of the world,
                                        but also watching and talking about it. Only a few who feel like me
                                        can really understand how long are two years of waiting for a World
                                        Cup or a European Championship. I love the intensity of these
                                        games, and I think nobody can hide his national feeling for his
                                        team, especially during an event like this. So I am suffering from
                                        this kind of nationalism and I must confess that I am a real "tifoso
                                        degli azzurri" fan of the Italian team.

                                        But is this a story about ignorance and a few snobby, rich Italian
                                        football players who were not able to get into the quarterfinals? Or
                                        is it a story about oneness, which the Danish and Swedish teams
                                        demonstrated when they played 2:2 - the only result that allowed
                                        them both to be in the quarterfinals.

                                        Once a spiritual Master said that the souls of two teams meet
                                        together before the Match starts and both, the souls, decide the
                                        result. In the Scandinavian case, who knows if also mind, vital and
                                        body decided....but I believe in justice.

                                        Anyway, heads high Italy, Germany, Spain, England, France...you are
                                        the teachers of world of soccer, but look at your students - they
                                        are surpassing you far beyond...see you again in Germany 2006.

                                        Jaganta
                                      • projjwal27
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jun 27, 2004
                                          Hi Jaganta,

                                          welcome! You started with a great posting! This weekend we used the
                                          European Soccer Hype for a nice Sunday morning game during the
                                          Joyday weekend. We were about 20 or so inspired players from nations
                                          like Holland (who were in bliss after their exciting win against
                                          Sweden in the penalty shootout), Czech Republic, Austria, Germany
                                          and Switzerland. We mixed the teams not according to nationalities
                                          but by a draw, and we had a great 90 minute game with lots of fun
                                          and oneness. We felt almost like the big teams. There were quite a
                                          few goals - and you know how it feels when you shoot a goal. Since
                                          most of us hadn't played in a while, we were all a little rusty - so
                                          the standard was just ok. We definitely would have loved to have one
                                          of the Italian members being out there to play with us. Maybe next
                                          time you will be able to come.

                                          Until then, keep watching the remaining, exciting, deciding games on
                                          TV and let us exercise our oneness with the teams that are still
                                          fighting for the title. Oneness and detachment are great qualities
                                          to strive for, and that soccer tournament is a good way of
                                          practising and developing these.

                                          Gotta run now, the Czech-Denmark game is starting soon.

                                          Projjwal
                                          the muscles-aching soccer player

                                          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jaganta94
                                          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                          > [From Jaganta]
                                          >
                                          > Dear soccer lovers
                                          >
                                          > Those who know me know that I love soccer over all, not only playing
                                          > with my friends on joy days, in NY or in any places of the world,
                                          > but also watching and talking about it. Only a few who feel like me
                                          > can really understand how long are two years of waiting for a World
                                          > Cup or a European Championship. I love the intensity of these
                                          > games, and I think nobody can hide his national feeling for his
                                          > team, especially during an event like this. So I am suffering from
                                          > this kind of nationalism and I must confess that I am a real "tifoso
                                          > degli azzurri" fan of the Italian team.
                                          >
                                          > But is this a story about ignorance and a few snobby, rich Italian
                                          > football players who were not able to get into the quarterfinals? Or
                                          > is it a story about oneness, which the Danish and Swedish teams
                                          > demonstrated when they played 2:2 - the only result that allowed
                                          > them both to be in the quarterfinals.
                                          >
                                          > Once a spiritual Master said that the souls of two teams meet
                                          > together before the Match starts and both, the souls, decide the
                                          > result. In the Scandinavian case, who knows if also mind, vital and
                                          > body decided....but I believe in justice.
                                          >
                                          > Anyway, heads high Italy, Germany, Spain, England, France...you are
                                          > the teachers of world of soccer, but look at your students - they
                                          > are surpassing you far beyond...see you again in Germany 2006.
                                          >
                                          > Jaganta
                                        • hiddetangerman
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jun 28, 2004
                                            [From Hidde]

                                            As these exciting European Championships approach their final
                                            destination, I feel inclined to share a few spiritual insights that
                                            occured to me while watching the matches.

                                            It's so inspiring to see that each team is bringing to the fore the
                                            good, divine qualities of the country it represents. For instance,
                                            the enthusiasm and team-spirit of the Greeks, the determination and
                                            eagerness of the Portuguese, the optimism and kindness of the Danes
                                            and the sacrifice and oneness of the Czechs.

                                            Sri Chinmoy once said that the aspiration of his students can and
                                            does influence not only their near and dear ones, but also their
                                            country as a whole, in a very positive way.

                                            On that note, I couldn't help thinking of all those eager and hard-
                                            working Czech students of Sri Chinmoy, as I watched their national
                                            soccer team waltz over the Danes in yesterday's match. Such
                                            indomitable strength they showed!

                                            Everybody I've talked to feels that this European Cup is somehow
                                            very special, very extraordinary and very positive. Sri Chinmoy
                                            commented at the beginning of this year that the month of June would
                                            be very significant from the spiritual point of view. It certainly
                                            shows in this great event that brings so many people from so many
                                            different backgrounds together in a spirit of oneness and
                                            enthusiasm.

                                            I wish you all much soccer-joy for the remaining matches.

                                            Hup, Holland, Hup!!!

                                            Hidde

                                            Moderator's note: Hidde, would you please read messages #4472, #4501
                                            and #4559! Read and believe!!!
                                          • jaganta94
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jun 28, 2004
                                              Hi Projjwal,

                                              How I wished to be there on the Joy Day playing soccer with you
                                              guys, scoring, running and fighting (divinely). Although my body was
                                              not there, my heart was with you people.

                                              How strong the Czechs are. Wasn't it an incredible victory over
                                              Sweden, or was it justice-light? Sorry for Denmark and Sweden. I
                                              love the qualities of the Czech team: humility, determination and
                                              oneness. But also Greece is great - most probably they feel some of
                                              the Olympic spirit; also Rehagel is doing a great job. Holland is
                                              the team with the most famous players, but is this an advantage
                                              considering how the so-called big teams finished their EC? Portugal
                                              has all my sympathies because it's their EC, and perhaps because
                                              their way of playing is most similar to the Italian way.

                                              The final will be Czech: Portugal 1:2

                                              I had to really prove my detachment when Italy played the last game
                                              against Bulgaria. Although I tried to organise everything to see all
                                              the matches, somehow on that day it was my duty to hold the
                                              meditation class in our centre. It was the day where Italy was
                                              obliged to win. It was the day where Sweden vs. Denmark should not
                                              finish 2:2. It was my Birthday.

                                              The meditation class started ... also the game. I had trouble
                                              concentrating, and I thought: "This will be a short one and I will
                                              be able to see at least 10 or 15 minutes of the end of the game." I
                                              don't know why, but my first question was, "Are there any soccer
                                              fans?" There was not one soccer fan among the seekers! The first
                                              relaxation exercise, the seekers were probably more relaxed than me.
                                              But going forward it became a really nice and interesting evening,
                                              and I totally forgot about the match until during the candle
                                              exercise Italy scored. We had the windows open, so we heard all the
                                              people from outside screaming and shouting! This was a really unique
                                              class for me, and when it was over the evening finished with a
                                              Birthday cake which the disciples brought, but the silence outside
                                              let me know that Italy was out.

                                              But the best in soccer is: There is always a tomorrow..

                                              A now detached soccer fan........Jaganta

                                              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                              > Hi Jaganta,
                                              >
                                              > welcome! You started with a great posting! This weekend we used
                                              > the European Soccer Hype for a nice Sunday morning game during the
                                              > Joyday weekend. We were about 20 or so inspired players from
                                              > nations like Holland (who were in bliss after their exciting win
                                              > against Sweden in the penalty shootout), Czech Republic, Austria,
                                              > Germany and Switzerland. We mixed the teams not according to
                                              > nationalities but by a draw, and we had a great 90 minute game
                                              > with lots of fun and oneness. We felt almost like the big teams.
                                              > There were quite a few goals - and you know how it feels when you
                                              > shoot a goal. Since most of us hadn't played in a while, we were
                                              > all a little rusty - so the standard was just ok. We definitely
                                              > would have loved to have one of the Italian members being out
                                              > there to play with us. Maybe next time you will be able to come.
                                              >
                                              > Until then, keep watching the remaining, exciting, deciding games
                                              > on TV and let us exercise our oneness with the teams that are
                                              > still fighting for the title. Oneness and detachment are great
                                              > qualities to strive for, and that soccer tournament is a good way
                                              > of practising and developing these.
                                              >
                                              > Gotta run now, the Czech-Denmark game is starting soon.
                                              >
                                              > Projjwal
                                              > the muscles-aching soccer player
                                              >

                                              > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, jaganta94
                                              > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                              > > [From Jaganta]
                                              > >
                                              > > Dear soccer lovers
                                              > >
                                              > > Those who know me know that I love soccer over all, not only
                                              > > playing with my friends on joy days, in NY or in any places of
                                              > > the world, but also watching and talking about it. Only a few
                                              > > who feel like me can really understand how long are two years of
                                              > > waiting for a World Cup or a European Championship. I love the
                                              > > intensity of these games, and I think nobody can hide his
                                              > > national feeling for his team, especially during an event like
                                              > > this. So I am suffering from this kind of nationalism and I must
                                              > > confess that I am a real "tifoso degli azzurri" fan of the
                                              > > Italian team.
                                              > >
                                              > > But is this a story about ignorance and a few snobby, rich
                                              > > Italian football players who were not able to get into the
                                              > > quarterfinals? Or is it a story about oneness, which the Danish
                                              > > and Swedish teams demonstrated when they played 2:2 - the only
                                              > > result that allowed them both to be in the quarterfinals.
                                              > >
                                              > > Once a spiritual Master said that the souls of two teams meet
                                              > > together before the Match starts and both, the souls, decide the
                                              > > result. In the Scandinavian case, who knows if also mind, vital
                                              > > and body decided....but I believe in justice.
                                              > >
                                              > > Anyway, heads high Italy, Germany, Spain, England, France...you
                                              > > are the teachers of world of soccer, but look at your students -
                                              > > they are surpassing you far beyond...see you again in Germany
                                              > > 2006.
                                              > >
                                              > > Jaganta
                                            • jaganta94
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jun 29, 2004
                                                Hi Champ,

                                                nice to meet you. I am sharing your spiritual insights about the
                                                matches and this EC. I know you are an excellent soccer player but
                                                you are concentrating now on running. I hope you will be the man of
                                                the "impossible task," if you know what I mean... I believe in you!

                                                Compliments for your Dutch team. VanNistelrooy did one of the most
                                                beatiful goals in this EC against Germany, didn't he?

                                                So what is your dream final? Do you believe in the flying Dutch or
                                                in the Czech certainty journey, or could it be a joyful Portuguese
                                                homerun or an incredible Greek Olympic miracle?

                                                with soccer joy Jaganta

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jun 30, 2004
                                                  I am getting frequent reports from Blazej about the soccer finals
                                                  and semi-finals and quarter-finals. He is from Czech Republic, and
                                                  they are doing amazingly well. What excites me most, as I mentioned
                                                  in my last ridiculous message, is the excitement itself. I hope that
                                                  all of the games coming up are very close and exciting, because then
                                                  we are full of suspense and joy.

                                                  I want to propose a new twist to the game. In the quarter and semi-
                                                  finals, can they not have two games going on at once on the same
                                                  field? That would be really wonderful. You would have two goals set
                                                  up at each end, but players could kick only the ball from their own
                                                  game. If anyone in one game interferes with anyone in the other game
                                                  (on the same field), that would be a foul, and then the offending
                                                  player would have to write a letter to the mother of the offended
                                                  player, apologizing. The letter could be written later or dictated
                                                  on the spot. What do you think? You could also have many games going
                                                  on on the same field, but the field would need to be enlarged. Maybe
                                                  the field could be round and the paired goals for a given one of the
                                                  many games would lie opposite each other across the round field.
                                                  Also, no one would be allowed to eat pickles during the game,
                                                  especially on Sunday. Tomatoes would be ok.

                                                  Seriously, now, Sri Chinmoy loves soccer, and I have been present on
                                                  several occasions when he has been teaching his students how to
                                                  play. He gave them brilliant practices which seemed to me to involve
                                                  a lot of determination and spontaneity.

                                                  One such session took place in Brazil, perhaps the most passionate
                                                  soccer country in the world. Projjwal was captain of one team and
                                                  Sahadeva, I believe (someone correct me) was captain of the other
                                                  team. It was near the famous falls of Brazil. The teams played
                                                  nobly, beautifully and enthusiastically, and I will never forget it.
                                                  Sri Chinmoy watched it with great interest, and before or between
                                                  one of the soccer sessions he gave such a nice practice session with
                                                  all sorts of neat tricks and soccer moves. The weather was warm, the
                                                  field was green, and we were on vacation. Does anyone else remember
                                                  this famous event?

                                                  Yours,

                                                  Nayak

                                                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                  > By the way, if any of our poor soccer-deprived friends from
                                                  > outside Europe wonder what on earth everyone is going on about,
                                                  > you can look at the web site below for information on all the
                                                  > final phase matches. Hope the link works OK for you.
                                                  >
                                                  > http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/euro2004/final/
                                                  >

                                                  > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karel_honegr
                                                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                  > > [From Karel]
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Der Projjwal,
                                                  > >
                                                  > > there is unfortunately a limited number of places in the
                                                  > > quaterfinals and you did not make it. At least Dutch can be
                                                  > > happy. I really believe you have a good team and I wish you a
                                                  > > good luck during the qualification for world championship.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > I truly enjoy the show of positive qualities all the teams are
                                                  > > presenting to us. Determination, sacrifice, will power - all in
                                                  > > abundant measure. I can only wish to be able to fight my own
                                                  > > ignorance with such a vigour.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > my personal wish for final: Holland vs Czech
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Karel
                                                  > > (also on behalf of Udayachal who is inspired to read but not to
                                                  > > post:-))
                                                  > >

                                                  > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, projjwal27
                                                  > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                  > > > Dear Sarada,
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > See what soccer can do! Even you are delighted that France and
                                                  > > > England moved on to the quarterfinals, although soccer is not
                                                  > > > your favourite subject.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Unfortunately yesterday was a sad day for me - Germany lost
                                                  > > > and is out of the European Cup. It did not come as a surprise
                                                  > > > though - the team is not that good these days and the good
                                                  > > > luck that they usually have turned into bad luck yesterday.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > There is actually a saying that did not come true: Soccer is
                                                  > > > 22 players on the field, one ball, two goals and in the end
                                                  > > > Germany wins.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Anyway I will follow the rest of the games with excitement and
                                                  > > > fun thinking of Karel, Hidde, Devashishu, Toni and all the
                                                  > > > other soccer lovers whose teams are still in the cup!
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Now the exciting games start - no more draws - one team has to
                                                  > > > win, and I am looking forward to exciting overtime plays and
                                                  > > > penalty shootouts - the real test for the nerves!
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > And for us: I think in the spirit of that EC we will have a
                                                  > > > great international joyday soccer match on Sunday morning.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Projjwal
                                                  > > > the sad soccer fan
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007

                                                • nayaknayaknayak
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jun 30, 2004
                                                    Thank you for the link to the soccer finals site. Blazej has a site
                                                    where he can get results pretty much as they happen (maybe even
                                                    before they happen). I don't know which site that is, but every few
                                                    minutes he came running to tell us about the game in which France
                                                    was eliminated. It was exciting. I have to come out and say that
                                                    because Blazej is my close friend and works with me, I am favoring
                                                    the Czech Republic for the victory. I think that it is wonderful
                                                    when a smaller country like that beats everyone.

                                                    The Czech students of Sri Chinmoy are wonderful (and that includes
                                                    Slovakia--I am referring to the former Czechoslovakia). They are so
                                                    helpful in every way. I remember one memorable occasion when the
                                                    Czechoslovak students of Sri Chinmoy sang the "America" song that
                                                    our Teacher has composed for this nation where he now lives, my
                                                    homeland. It is not an easy song, but it is very powerful and very
                                                    haunting. Under the direction of Aditya they truly mastered the
                                                    music and the spirit of that great anthem. I was deeply moved, and
                                                    they got a tremendous standing ovation from all of the students who
                                                    were present that evening during one of our Celebrations. Americans
                                                    and everyone cheered and cheered.

                                                    Perhaps at the same or another Celebration, Sri Chinmoy asked the
                                                    Czechoslovaks to sing a song every night of the Celebration. This
                                                    national group had been growing among us for a few years, but
                                                    somehow, that Celebration, they really came into their own and
                                                    everyone knew that the Czech nation (with Slovakia again and always)
                                                    was something special, and that it was flowering rapidly on our
                                                    path.

                                                    Sri Chinmoy emphasizes nationality as something charming and
                                                    inspiring--a cause for celebration, and never, never a dividing
                                                    factor. Each nation has something unique to offer, and when a
                                                    national group does something special at one of our Celebrations,
                                                    everyone feels very proud of them. Sometimes Sri Chinmoy will pit
                                                    one national group against another in playful competition, but it is
                                                    in a form that brings out the best in each, and allows each national
                                                    group to express its positive divine pride as they observe their
                                                    brothers and sisters performing and competing (as in a singing
                                                    competition). Of course, right after the competition, everyone is
                                                    united in a joy that transcends any national boundaries.

                                                    I deeply love America, but I also deeply love your love for your
                                                    country. Together we are amazing.

                                                    Yours,

                                                    Nayak

                                                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                    > By the way, if any of our poor soccer-deprived friends from
                                                    > outside Europe wonder what on earth everyone is going on about,
                                                    > you can look at the web site below for information on all the
                                                    > final phase matches. Hope the link works OK for you.
                                                    >
                                                    > http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/euro2004/final/
                                                    >

                                                    > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karel_honegr
                                                    > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                    > > [From Karel]
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Der Projjwal,
                                                    > >
                                                    > > there is unfortunately a limited number of places in the
                                                    > > quaterfinals and you did not make it. At least Dutch can be
                                                    > > happy. I really believe you have a good team and I wish you a
                                                    > > good luck during the qualification for world championship.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > I truly enjoy the show of positive qualities all the teams are
                                                    > > presenting to us. Determination, sacrifice, will power - all in
                                                    > > abundant measure. I can only wish to be able to fight my own
                                                    > > ignorance with such a vigour.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > my personal wish for final: Holland vs Czech
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Karel
                                                    > > (also on behalf of Udayachal who is inspired to read but not to
                                                    > > post:-))
                                                    > >

                                                    > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, projjwal27
                                                    > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                    > > > Dear Sarada,
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > See what soccer can do! Even you are delighted that France and
                                                    > > > England moved on to the quarterfinals, although soccer is not
                                                    > > > your favourite subject.
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Unfortunately yesterday was a sad day for me - Germany lost
                                                    > > > and is out of the European Cup. It did not come as a surprise
                                                    > > > though - the team is not that good these days and the good
                                                    > > > luck that they usually have turned into bad luck yesterday.
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > There is actually a saying that did not come true: Soccer is
                                                    > > > 22 players on the field, one ball, two goals and in the end
                                                    > > > Germany wins.
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Anyway I will follow the rest of the games with excitement and
                                                    > > > fun thinking of Karel, Hidde, Devashishu, Toni and all the
                                                    > > > other soccer lovers whose teams are still in the cup!
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Now the exciting games start - no more draws - one team has to
                                                    > > > win, and I am looking forward to exciting overtime plays and
                                                    > > > penalty shootouts - the real test for the nerves!
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > And for us: I think in the spirit of that EC we will have a
                                                    > > > great international joyday soccer match on Sunday morning.
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > Projjwal
                                                    > > > the sad soccer fan
                                                    > > >
                                                    > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sarada1007

                                                  • patakaprague
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jul 1, 2004
                                                      Dear Nayak

                                                      While reading your praises for your younger Czechoslovak brothers
                                                      and sisters (very much humbling and undeserved, though), I could not
                                                      help but sing at least some of your praises, Nayak:

                                                      Shortly after I became Sri Chinmoy's student, I knew only a few
                                                      "older lions." Having met you briefly perhaps once, then for a
                                                      couple of years I used to receive special phone calls on my
                                                      birthday, all the way from Seattle to Prague. Each time I was
                                                      shocked, astonished, and above all, tremendously encouraged. A
                                                      "Happy Birthday" call from America!! I could not believe it, and
                                                      cannot believe it even now.

                                                      But Nayaknayaknayak, you have my undying gratitude for that.

                                                      Greetings to Seattle and everywhere else!
                                                      Pataka

                                                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                                                      > > final phase matches. Hope the link works OK for you.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/euro2004/final/
                                                      > >

                                                      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karel_honegr
                                                      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                      > > > [From Karel]
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > Der Projjwal,
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > there is unfortunately a limited number of places in the
                                                      > > > quaterfinals and you did not make it. At least Dutch can be
                                                      > > > happy. I really believe you have a good team and I wish you a
                                                      > > > good luck during the qualification for world championship.
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > I truly enjoy the show of positive qualities all the teams are
                                                      > > > presenting to us. Determination, sacrifice, will power - all in
                                                      > > > abundant measure. I can only wish to be able to fight my own
                                                      > > > ignorance with such a vigour.
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > my personal wish for final: Holland vs Czech
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > Karel
                                                      > > > (also on behalf of Udayachal who is inspired to read but not to

                                                    • hiddetangerman
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jul 1, 2004
                                                        Hi Jaganta!

                                                        Thanks for your kind message.

                                                        As you know, it's game over for us Dutchies after yesterday night,
                                                        but Portugal deserved to win. We were just lucky it was only 2-1.
                                                        I'm not going to watch tonight's game. Partly because I've been
                                                        having a slight EC-overdose and partly because the Czechs are going
                                                        to win anyways.

                                                        My prediction is they beat Portugal in the final 2-1. Baros will
                                                        score the deciding goal in the second half of the overtime (am I
                                                        still eligible for the soccer ball?).

                                                        Unfortunately my running life has suffered a bit of a setback. I
                                                        injured myself about 2 months ago and haven't recovered yet. I tore
                                                        a muscle in my calf when stretching (be careful stretching!).

                                                        I hope I'll still be able to run the marathon, but it's definitely
                                                        not going to be anywhere near my desired goal time. Ah well, that's
                                                        life. It's an opportunity to practice the immortal Olympic motto:
                                                        participating is more important than winning!

                                                        Take care and I'll see you in August.

                                                        Hidde

                                                        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                        > Hi Champ,
                                                        >
                                                        > nice to meet you. I am sharing your spiritual insights about the
                                                        > matches and this EC. I know you are an excellent soccer player but
                                                        > you are concentrating now on running. I hope you will be the man of
                                                        > the "impossible task," if you know what I mean... I believe in you!
                                                        >
                                                        > Compliments for your Dutch team. VanNistelrooy did one of the most
                                                        > beatiful goals in this EC against Germany, didn't he?
                                                        >
                                                        > So what is your dream final? Do you believe in the flying Dutch or
                                                        > in the Czech certainty journey, or could it be a joyful Portuguese
                                                        > homerun or an incredible Greek Olympic miracle?
                                                        >
                                                        > with soccer joy Jaganta
                                                        >
                                                        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, hiddetangerman
                                                        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                        > > [From Hidde]
                                                        > >
                                                        > > As these exciting European Championships approach their final
                                                        > > destination, I feel inclined to share a few spiritual insights
                                                        > > that occured to me while watching the matches.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > It's so inspiring to see that each team is bringing to the fore
                                                        > > the good, divine qualities of the country it represents. For
                                                        > > instance, the enthusiasm and team-spirit of the Greeks, the
                                                        > > determination and eagerness of the Portuguese, the optimism and
                                                        > > kindness of the Danes and the sacrifice and oneness of the Czechs.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Sri Chinmoy once said that the aspiration of his students can and
                                                        > > does influence not only their near and dear ones, but also their
                                                        > > country as a whole, in a very positive way.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > On that note, I couldn't help thinking of all those eager and
                                                        > > hard- working Czech students of Sri Chinmoy, as I watched their
                                                        > > national soccer team waltz over the Danes in yesterday's match.
                                                        > > Such indomitable strength they showed!
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Everybody I've talked to feels that this European Cup is somehow
                                                        > > very special, very extraordinary and very positive. Sri Chinmoy
                                                        > > commented at the beginning of this year that the month of June
                                                        > > would be very significant from the spiritual point of view. It
                                                        > > certainly shows in this great event that brings so many people
                                                        > > from so many different backgrounds together in a spirit of oneness
                                                        > > and enthusiasm.
                                                        > >

                                                        > > I wish you all much soccer-joy for the remaining matches.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Hup, Holland, Hup!!!
                                                        > >

                                                        > > Hidde
                                                      • martinfromzurich
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Aug 5, 2004
                                                          Hi Jaganta

                                                          Now that you told us that you live in Sicily,
                                                          I have your enthusiastic face clearly in front of me,
                                                          and I have to admit that you might be the greatest
                                                          soccer-fan of all Sri Chinmoy's students.
                                                          Keep your enthusiasm, it inspires us a lot!