Re: The Great Self-Transcendence 2-Mile Race

  • johnji_nz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      > The Johannesburg Centre's transcendence
      > is more remarkable when the 1,800 metre
      > (6,000 feet) altitude is factored in to
      > the aspiration barometer. Balarka
      > reported that he was running under 12
      > minutes at sea level earlier this year,
      > but now he is 'killing himself' but only
      > recording 12:33.

      Thanks for that news Simahin.

      I did hear also that the Johannesburg Centre's 2 mile course was
      recently discovered to be over 100m short, news which perhaps
      Balarka wasn't overjoyed to hear!

      Congratulations however to everyone at Johannesburg for such a
      remarkable turnout – it's very inspiring to hear.

      --
      John Gillespie

      To learn more about the 2-mile Self-Transcendence Race and much
      more, visit:

      http://www.srichinmoyraces.org