some new prayers
- Following are unofficial transcriptions of two sets of new prayers
recently offered by Sri Chinmoy.
* Do you want to be captured by God's Heart? Then start smiling, do
not stop. Lo, God has captured you, not for a second, but for
* God has made His beloved Home with humanity's sleepless smiles and
* My Lord, do keep my mind as young as my heart as long as I am here
* My Lord, do change my present name. I wish to have a new name from
You: an unswerving faith.
* There was a time when my life was a feeble and flickering
* But now my life has become a deathless chandelier-promise-beauty
* My flaming heart, I need you, I need you. Do not leave me alone.
* My flying soul, I love you, I love you. I shall not allow you to
fly away from me.
* The outer beauty fades away, but the inner beauty blossoms and
blossoms and blossoms. It never stops blossoming.
* When my aspiration is high, my heart flies and flies.
* When my dedication is sincere, my life glows and glows.
* I see no more my God-empty and sorrow-filled days. I see and feel
light within and light without in measureless measure.
* The divine in me creates everything out of nothing. The human in
me creates nothing out of everything.
* The human in me says: "Look, I can destroy the world." The divine
in me says: "Look, I can love the world."
* My Beloved Supreme says to the divine in me: "My child, I am so
proud of you, that you can also do the same as I do."
* The Supreme says to the human in me: "Son, I accept My defeat. I
shall never be able to do what you are always doing - destroying My
beautiful Heart-Garden, the world."
* God hears only my silence-prayers.
* I must go far beyond my time-born tears and my time-bound smiles.
* God's most powerful Pride feeds my inner poise seven times a day.
* My life is not a huge frustration-banyan tree. My life is my
aspiration-plane and my dedication-train.
* Not to prove to the world who I truly am, but to improve the life
of humanity, I came into the world.
* I beg my Lord to give me more time for my transformation. My Lord
begs me to have more satisfaction in my life.
* God does not want me to play the role of a street beggar. God
wants me to play the role of a darkness-conqueror.
* My hope is my heavenly all-illumining star.
* My promise is my earthly ignorance-frightening thunder.