A Dream

  • pbushek
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2003
      Recently, I had one of those remarkable experiences that I wish to
      share with you. I had a dream in which Sri Chinmoy appeared to
      me. I'm sure that many of you have had this tremendous feeling
      that transcends both space and time.

      As best as I can recall, it began with Sri Chinmoy playing tennis
      with me. I was hitting the tennis ball to him and he was returning
      it and this continued for some time. Those of you who have ever
      played tennis with Sri Chinmoy know that it is an unforgettable and
      deeply moving experience. It goes beyond the game and enters into
      another dimension of love, serve and surrender. The tennis session
      ended and we walked down some wide steps. Sri Chinmoy said my name
      softly, "Pratap" and then he said it again. He spoke to me
      and I
      responded in awe-inspired reverence. I can't recall what Sri
      Chinmoy said to me in this dream but I do remember the all-
      encompassing feeling of peace and love that surrounded that precious
      moment.

      When I awoke I tried to recall as much as I could. I was so happy
      and grateful to see Sri Chinmoy again. After a few minutes, I
      looked at my watch, the time was 5:55AM. I began my morning
      meditation and finished with the Song of the Supreme.

      Pratap
    • shane_dublincentre
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2006
        The last few days I seem to be surrounded by talk of old age. My alarm
        goes off this morning, followed by the one on my phone. I walk across
        the room, retrieve them, and carry them both to bed with me. A few
        years ago, at the time I started seriously meditating, I was
        determined to keep slowly but surely reducing the amount of sleep I
        get; I wonder if some crucial part of me has turned its back on that
        promise, even though the mind still pays lip service. My meditation
        shrine is right beside my bed; my room is so small that it cannot be
        otherwise. This is a bad thing, for it allows me to hoist myself
        upright so I am sitting on the side of my bed, and tell myself I am
        meditating. No. Go and wash yourself first Shane, and then sit down on
        the meditation stool, that's what it's there for. But there is no
        response.

        After about half an hour (I hope, there is no way of telling) my
        lethargic body then decides it has fulfilled its obligatory
        'meditation' requirement (intermittent aspiration and doze, like Morse
        Code) and topples over onto the bed. Shane, you're going to get up and
        do some reading. Again, no response.

        And then I have a dream. My teacher, Sri Chinmoy , is there and
        everyone around me is either going for a run or a walk, this has been
        going on some time every day for a few days but I have been completely
        unaware of this, and I'm stuck there watching them saddled with these
        thick white clothes and a rucksack and no place to change. But this
        dream is not the usual addled jumble thrown up from the subconscious;
        my (rare) dreams with Sri Chinmoy in them always have this inner
        realness about them, for in sleep and in waking, the message of my
        meditation teacher resonates with the message of my soul.

        Also just last night I read Arpan's posting on the Sri Chinmoy
        Inspiration Group describing how Sri Chinmoy can be seen driving
        around the neighbourhood close to where he lives inspiring all of
        those out for a run. I too need inspiration to overcome a lethargy or
        inner resistance at the moment. I'm trying to start a line of work
        (I'll not call it a business) at the moment, but despite the fact that
        the rent is due next week and there are all manner of bills to be
        paid, despite the fact that for once my inner being actually seems to
        cuncur that I should be earning a bit more, I find it hard, it's hard
        somehow to just get out there and do it. Unconsciously I have been
        doing all manner of 'easier' things this week to keep myself from
        biting the bullet, all sorts of reasons for delaying have presented
        themselves and been snapped up eagerly. Standing still while the other
        runners are already off. Well, the past is dust, as Sri Chinmoy always
        says. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

        This post can be seen (with pictures) on my blog
        http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/Members/shane_magee/blog
      • olga_nevergiveup
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
          Shane,
          This morning I had very interesting dream too.

          Today I woke up without my alarm and even did not looking at my
          clocks, I went to wash myself. After that I sat to meditate and
          when after meditation I was singing, I hared my alarm. I came to my
          clock and found out that it was 4:45 only (I meditate at 5 am.). I
          was so surprised, it meant that I woke up at 3:45 am today which is
          an hour earlier than usually! After that I decided to go for some
          more sleep for this one hour :-) and lying in a bed I was thinking
          why did Supreme want me to wake up today so early. While thinking
          about it I did not notice me falling asleep and I saw a very unusual
          dream.

          I saw a dream like I was packing my things to go to a Joy Day and
          was very happy about that. One moment I felt insight of me great
          delight, I felt love to the entire World, I felt endless love to the
          Supreme. It was boundless feeling which difficult to describe and
          this feeling was so strong that I flied up in the air that moment!
          I really was flying, not very high as it was in my apartment, but I
          could move in the air. After I grounded I tried to arise this deep
          feeling of love again and that moment I found myself flying in the
          air againÂ… It was very unusual feeling overflowing me. It is more
          unusual because even in my childhood I flied not so often in my
          dreams and this feeling of love was so real!!!

          When I woke up, I still could feel something unusual inside and was
          thinking, that perhaps to experience this feeling even in my dream I
          woke up 1 hour earlier this morning :-) For this I am ready to wake
          up earlier daily! :-)

          Gratefully,
          Olga

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shane_dublincentre