Re: looking for a bird poem

  • prachar_1
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2004
      Greetings Gabor and blue-bird poem-lovers!

      Here are thirteen more poems for your enjoyment. They are actually a
      series of Bengali songs, composed by Sri Chinmoy on May 31, 1992.

      They are not exactly what your friend described, but there are some
      close matches!

      Here are the Bengali words, followed by Sri Chinmoy's English
      translations:

      *************

      1)

      Ami nil akasher nil pakhi
      Sabakar antare ami daki

      I am a blue bird of the blue sky.
      I am inviting all the aspiring souls.

      2)

      Ami nil akasher nil pakhi
      Nirabata hiyakashe ami taki

      I am a blue bird of the blue sky.
      I dwell in the heart-sky of infinite silence.

      3)

      Ami nil akasher nil pakhi
      Bishalata sathe mor makha makhi

      I am a blue bird of the blue sky.
      I enjoy my inseparable oneness-friendship
      with the vastness of infinity.

      4)

      Ami nil akasher nil pakhi
      Purnatare mor chokhe rakhi

      I am a blue bird of the blue sky.
      I keep inside my vision-eye,
      [this line is illegible in my copy - sorry!]

      5)

      Ami nil akasher sabuj pakhi
      Shakti plabane mor hirare rakhi

      I am a green bird of the blue sky.
      I keep my heart inside the power-flood of the infinite.

      6)

      Ami nil akasher pakhi harit
      Bhalo lage shutibra gati tarit

      I am a green bird of the blue sky.
      I love to have always the fastest lightning-speed.

      7)

      Ami nil akasher lohit bihanga
      Shakti samudre nartane mor prati anga

      I am a red bird of the blue sky.
      Each and every limb of mine dances
      in the infinite ocean of power.

      8)

      Ami nil akasher sonali pakhi sonali
      Niye asi dharanite bibhur jaya dipali

      I am a golden bird of the blue sky.
      I bring down into the world
      The Happiness-Ecstasy-Victory Jubilee
      of my Lord Supreme.

      9)

      Ami nil aksher sada pakhi sada
      Mor pabita hiyai nahi kono badha

      I am a white bird of the blue sky.
      My purity-heart knows no bondage-obstruction.

      10)

      Ami nil akasher rupali pakhi rupali
      Urdhe nimne mor oishi mitali

      I am a silver bird of the blue sky.
      I have established my celestial friendship below, above.

      11)

      Ami nil aksher halde pakhi
      Daniya mahananda sabare thaki

      I am a yellow bird of the blue sky.
      I live by virtue of my self-giving delight.

      12)

      Ami nil akasher beguni pakhi
      Dhara tale prabhu lagi sabare dakhi

      I am a purple bird of the blue sky.
      I am inviting each and every human being of this world
      for the full manifestation of my Lord Beloved Supreme.

      13)

      Ami nil akasher golapi pakhi golapi
      Paramer seba nahi bhuli ami kodapi

      I am a pink bird of the blue sky.
      Sleeplessly I serve my Lord Supreme.
      I do not indulge in talking.

      So on that note, I'd better not add anything more!

      - Prachar

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, gabor_sd