Racing Again!

  • karen_met
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2004
      With the marathon coming up in August, I am grateful that Geelong,
      Australia, has a fantastic Cross Country Running Club, where every
      week I can race in a handicap series to better my times, and try and
      catch the runners in front of me. The beauty of handicap races is
      that everyone has a chance to win. The slowest runners start first!

      Today was our first race of the season. Running with a group really
      improves motivation and times, so hopefully by the time the Marathon
      comes round in August I will be completely ready to do my best, as I
      have trained as well as I can!

      Get out there and start racing, it's inspiring and refreshing to be
      around other runners with similar goals!

      Karen
    • rogerfromcardiff
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2004
        [From Roger]

        Karen wrote:

        <<Get out there and start racing, it's inspiring and refreshing to
        be around other runners with similar goals!>>

        I couldn't agree more. Whenever I race I have my most intensely
        focussed experiences of running - the concentration it brings is
        something I can't easily recreate when running alone - and that
        seems to intensify the spiritually uplifting quality that running
        has. Racing seems to distill the running experience and bring me to
        the essence of why I'm running in the first place - it's simple,
        joyful and intense!

        I'm rambling a bit here but what I mean to say is I find racing
        really fulfilling whether I'm with the leaders or the back markers -
        what a great experience, and one I'd never have encountered were it
        not for Sri Chinmoy's inspiration.

        My race this week was at Stonehenge in the south of England - a
        trail race of 13 miles in unspeakably beautiful surroundings - the
        body is still sore, but the spirits still soar....

        Roger,
        Cardiff

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, karen_met <