A poignant passage

  • icysuren
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      I have been going through "The Oneness of the Eastern Heart and the
      Western Mind, Part 2" - indeed an odyssey of a book! Usually I read
      a little bit before going to sleep.

      Anyway, reading today I came across the following passage, which I
      feel is related to a subject which I broached in an earlier message
      (only here it is said much more beautifully!):

      "When ignorance reaches the abysmal breath of self-limitation, man
      is compelled to turn into his own grave with a living body."

      This is from a talk entitled "Ignorance" and is on pg.57.
      Alternatively, it can be found here on the web:
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/ivy-league-leaves/8

      Suren

      P.S. Just a thought, I wonder if anyone out there attended any of
      these lectures, and, if so, they had any inspiring stories to share?