Re: Something indescribable, or just a guilty conscience?

  • sunamitalim
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2004
      Sheesh, Suren - no one can explain anyone else! As for the "higher
      mind" trip, the search feature at the bottom of every e-page of Sri
      Chinmoy Library is a snap to locate Guru's writings. So there you
      are, my secret source unlocked for the whole wide world (www.___) to
      share. ;)

      Suren, your reminder to heed our inner "something" is timely.
      Listening to our "something"--intuition, conscience--most surely
      Takes us back to connecting with the Source, in ways meaningful.

      Who knows what serendipity has in store?
      As the never-ending spiral of delightful discoveries soar!
      Wouldn't that be great, if we didn't have to use the mind at all?

      Thus would "wicked dollars" be transformed to good causes
      As Carnegie millions have left us legions of library resources.*
      Wouldn't that be great, if we didn't have to use the mind at all?

      [Note: * Carnegie and Rockefeller bequeathed their millions to
      building educational institutions; libraries across the U.S., and
      designing The University of Chicago campus to resemble a Midwestern
      Oxford, respectively.]

      To wit: "Speaking for myself, I'd rather live a life of adventure,"
      Suren says. Right on! Life's a trip ain't it?

      Seriously, your posts give me pause to chuckle, Suren. Keep posting!

      Smiles,
      Sunamita

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, icysuren
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
      > > Presence in each action, then automatically it becomes wisdom
      > > because God is all wisdom. So before we say anything, we need
      > > approval. If we don't get approval, then we shall remain silent.
      > > Our direction we will get from within."
      > >
      > > "Be sure that your love is absolutely pure. Where does this love
      > > come from? It comes from your soul, from your heart. It is not
      > > actually your love; it is somebody else's love. It is your soul's
      > > love, your heart's love. The object that you are giving with your
      > > hand is a dollar. But you have to know that it is not the
      > > willingness of the hand that is giving the money; it is the
      > > willingness of the heart, of the soul. So before you give
      > > anything, you should go deep within and ask your inner being or
      > > your soul or your heart, 'Am I doing the right thing? He needs
      > > money, that is true, and I have the capacity, that is also true,
      > > but is his need the real need?' His need may not be God's need
      > > inside him. God's need is one thing, and someone's personal need
      > > is another thing. So you have to feel that if it is God's Will
      > > inside you, then it is God's Willingness to fulfil that person's
      > > need. Then you will do it."
      > >
      > > As we apply our spiritual life of prayer and meditation to our
      > > daily activities, this advice has broader implications and
      > > practical utility. Sri Chinmoy urges, "At every moment when we do
      > > something we have to ask whether God wants it or not. Otherwise
      > > there are many ways in which you can please me and I can please
      > > you on the basis of our own mental understanding. Giving is a very
      > > good thing; receiving is a very good thing. But again, it is God
      > > who is supposed to inspire us to give and to receive. Action can
      > > be done without asking God's Wisdom, but if we beg of God's Wisdom
      > > to guide us and then we act, then it is God's responsibility. This
      > > applies to everything."
      > >
      > > As an aside, we see three different answers to your
      > > question--revealing the diverse opinions of various individuals
      > > responding. No one is categorically right or wrong in applying a
      > > cookie-cutter type solution to every situation. As Guru advises,
      > > it's best to ask the Supreme first, always. Your supporting a
      > > worthy cause like the Red Cross is beyond reproach (how useful
      > > would it be to give these kids food?), as opposed to giving alms
      > > to someone who would use it to get drunk (while the only right
      > > action here is to give this person food!).
      > >
      > > The divine bottom line? We place every action at the Feet of The
      > > Supreme, to please Him in His Own Way.
      > >
      > > I'm loving all your fun and illumining posts, Suren!
      > >
      > > Gratefully,
      > > Sunamita
      > >

      > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com,
      > nayaknayaknayak
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > I agree with Pradhan, I prefer to give food to whomever is
      > > > asking. When I give food, I feel 100% good, becasue I know that
      > > > it will be used well--to keep the person alive. If I give money,

      sri-chinmoy-amusement-enlightenment/part8/7