Submission for Panorama in August! - to Abichal

  • icysuren
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2004
      Now that yet another edition of Panorama has come out which I have
      failed to contribute to, either due to sheer neglect or unpardonable
      self-doubt, it seems fitting that I try to turn over a new leaf.

      So, in order to be definitely on time and without allowing my doubts
      time to grow, I want to hand in my poem for the August edition right
      now!

      Just hope that it doesn't get lost during the long wait.

      A TRIBUTE TO A VISION

      At first it was called Now.
      "Now is the time"
      for our pens, silent
      for seemingly eternity,
      to follow in the footsteps of our Guru.
      "Now is our time."

      "Now".
      A bold statement.
      A reverberating thunder-drum-command-request.
      A glimpse from the intuitive eye.

      Then it was called Panorama.
      Truth - growing Truth - reigns supreme
      in this divine name.

      The Panorama of our disciple-family.
      The Panorama of our life-play.
      The Panorama of our body-vital-mind-heart-soul.

      "Panorama"
      nothing more needs to be said,
      nor can be said.

      Now was the prophet.
      Panorama is the Avatar.
      Now was the herald of the poets and the poems.
      Panorama has become one with the poets and the poems.
    • nayaknayaknayak
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2004
        Dear Suren,

        I enjoyed your poem and I am grateful that you posted it. I did
        indeed hear the drums beating as I read it.

        Most important for me, I feel inspired to write when I see people
        posting their poems.

        One thing, though, puzzles me. Why do you use the nickname
        "icysuren"? To me you are so warm, so friendly, so positive, so
        joyful, so humourous. A name like "warmsuren" would be more like the
        Suren I know. Nevertheless, there must be some deeper inner cosmic
        and trivial reason why you are doing it.

        Adopting names is fun. When I was a kid we would spend the first few
        minutes of our game of cowboys or supermen or whatever figuring out
        what our names would be.

        Yours,

        Nayak

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, icysuren
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Now that yet another edition of Panorama has come out which I have
        > failed to contribute to, either due to sheer neglect or
        > unpardonable self-doubt, it seems fitting that I try to turn over
        > a new leaf.
        >
        > So, in order to be definitely on time and without allowing my
        > doubts time to grow, I want to hand in my poem for the August
        > edition right now!
        >
        > Just hope that it doesn't get lost during the long wait.
        >

        > A TRIBUTE TO A VISION
        >
        > At first it was called Now.
        > "Now is the time"
        > for our pens, silent
        > for seemingly eternity,
        > to follow in the footsteps of our Guru.
        > "Now is our time."
        >
        > "Now".
        > A bold statement.
        > A reverberating thunder-drum-command-request.
        > A glimpse from the intuitive eye.
        >
        > Then it was called Panorama.
        > Truth - growing Truth - reigns supreme
        > in this divine name.
        >
        > The Panorama of our disciple-family.
        > The Panorama of our life-play.
        > The Panorama of our body-vital-mind-heart-soul.
        >
        > "Panorama"
        > nothing more needs to be said,
        > nor can be said.
        >
        > Now was the prophet.
        > Panorama is the Avatar.
        > Now was the herald of the poets and the poems.
        > Panorama has become one with the poets and the poems.
      • abichal7
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2004
          [From Abichal]

          Dear Friends, Artists, and Poets.

          Panorama is being reprinted and copies will be available either from
          myself, Prabhakar or Sundar--who has kindly agreed to sell it at the
          book table; and in August celebrations we shall have a table with
          previous editions of the poetry anthology for inspiration.
          We treasure the creative efforts of the contributors to the book and
          look forward to August.

          I would like to offer my thanks to Suren for his superb work which
          now resides in the appropriate folders.

          Best wishes,
          Abichal
        • asthaloy
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
            Poetry lovers listen up!

            There is still an opportunity to submit for the August issue of
            Panorama. Prabhakar says he can accept entries (drawing or poem) as
            late as the end of this week.

            Asthaloy,
            who is submitting for the first time