Re: People who leave and do not attack

  • dharmaja
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2004
      Greetings, Anami.

      I was struck by one poignant section of your posting, where your
      poem stated,

      "I cannot wait for you, my friend.
      I cannot come with you, my friend.
      My inner call is beckoning me, I must go on and on,
      Knowing that only a few are meant to reach the final goal."

      Your poem reminded me of one of Sri Chinmoy's poems, from My Flute:

      There Was A Time

      There was a time when I stumbled and stumbled,
      But now I only climb and climb beyond
      And far beyond my Goal's endless Beyond,
      And yet my Captain commands: "Go on, go on!"

      and, the translation to the song Hiya Pakhi:

      O bird of my heart,
      Fly on, fly on.
      Look not behind.
      Whatever the world gives
      Is meaningless, useless, and utterly false.

      However painful, you have done the right thing by going on.

      D.
      Sacramento, California

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, anami2708