Re: Disciple life

  • skosian
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 28, 2004
      Dear brothers Aparajita, Nayak and Richard. Thank you so much for
      your helpful advices. I am glad I asked my questions, now I feel
      reassured. For some reason, the prospect of becoming a disciple of
      Sri Chinmoy seemed distant and uncertain, somewhat unreal. After
      reading your advices, your expriences I am thinking in more real
      ways, I feel more confident about what I need to do. For that please
      accept my heartfelt gratitude. I may not be able to communicate my
      mind but trust me you have been very helpful :)

      I have been slowly reading Sri Chinmoy's writings for the last 3
      years or so. I took a few meditation classes from disciples of Sri
      Chinmoy but was not very serious. If it wasn't for the flute music
      that was playing in the meditation room I wouldn't go past the first
      meditation class and wouldn't by any of Sri Chinmoy's books. At some
      point I wanted to become a disciple but as soon as I learned that I
      had to give up some things like smoking, alcohol, vital life, etc. I
      quickly abandoned the idea and forgot about it (that explains why I
      ask you questions that probably had been answered before). I realize
      it was a mistake, I lost valuable time. However, as Sri Chinmoy says
      the past is dust. Now I will try to give a fresh start.

      As to the outer activities, Richard said:
      "Otherwise, instead of running you can join people like me. At
      races, I either serve on the water table or count runners go by!"

      I think I can practice self-transcendence in this field :)

      Gratitude to all the wonderful people around.

      Your (lost and confused) brother,

      Sassoon

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nayaknayaknayak