Triathlon: Day 2

  • transformationdance
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2003
      The second day had better weather with some of the seasoned
      athletes coming out to participate. The teams reminded me of the
      Chase Corporate Challenge in New York City where companies field
      teams to run a race in Central Park. These teams were showing up with
      uniforms and having picnics and some tying up banners with their
      teams names on trees.

      I had a great job of sweeping the off-road mountain bike course,
      which had me walking my bike up "Walk Your Bike Hill". It was a great
      course through a forest on the side of Black Mountain. (I wish I had
      my camera with me). I finally caught up with a biker who was having
      trouble and had to encourage them on to the end. They thanked me
      afterward for the support. I said "Hey, thats the spirit of the
      event. We get a lot from you, so we are more than happy to cheer you
      on!"

      To add to the inspiration, as we were finishing the course, there
      were course officials from the community out there to point the
      competitors in the right direction in key places. I had the great job
      of thanking them and telling them we were the last ones so they were
      finished. Everyone was cheerful and valued their special role. I'll
      always remember that fantastic ride...