looking for a bird poem

  • gabor_sd
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2004
      A friend of mine is looking for a poem.
      All I know that it begins with "Blue bird on a blue sky", or
      something similar, and there are other colors in the poem,
      maybe "white bird", "pink bird", etc.

      If somebody has this poem, could you please post it here?

      Thanks,
      Gabor
    • srichinmoyinspiration
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2004
        Gabor, I hope you and your friend enjoy these thirteen bird poems by
        Sri Chinmoy. The first three are older poems--actually translations
        of his Bengali songs from the 1970's. The remaining shorter poems
        are from his more recent large collections in English: "Ten Thousand
        Flower-Flames" and "Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants." These
        are multi-volume works which may be read online at the Sri Chinmoy
        Library:
        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/

        Enjoy!

        Thirteen Bird Poems by Sri Chinmoy

        The blue bird is flying in the blue sky.
        Alas, here below I am dying in utter
        frustration.
        The bird of my heart is crying
        most soulfully.
        It is binding all around--
        Time, space and man,
        With its infinite freedom-light.

        * * *

        In the depth of my heart the blue bird smiles
        and the blue bird plays.
        The festival of lustre-form and celestial delight
        is inviting everyone.
        The sun, the moon, the mountains and the ocean
        all have come.
        Today we shall listen to the call of Infinity.
        We shall run toward Infinity.
        Right in front of us is the ladder of Light.
        Our hearts have become the flower of Light Divine.
        We are the hope of our Lord Supreme.
        The world-creator is none other than our love.

        * * *

        O green bird of the blue sky,
        Tell me, will you go with me, brother?
        I am afraid to go alone
        To my Mother's home
        Which is on the other shore.
        No capacity have I
        To swim across the river of destruction.
        Will you follow me?
        Will you help me fly like you
        To the other shore
        Where my Eternity's Mother is?

        * * *

        His heart's blue bird flies away
        The moment he starts singing.
        Helpless as he is,
        He has no other choice.
        Alas, none can sympathise
        With this poor beggar-singer.

        * * *

        A realisation-soul
        Is a freedom-bird
        That flies In God's
        Bliss-dancing Sky.

        * * *

        What I need
        Is a soulfully receptive world
        To hear
        My heart's blue bird singing.

        * * *

        The blue bird of my green heart
        Has a special message today:
        Before long I shall see
        The lotus-red Feet of my Lord Supreme
        Inside my surrender-life and gratitude-heart.

        * * *

        Each God-lover has a special
        And beautiful soul-bird.
        This bird has a soulful heart-wing
        And a prayerful life-wing.

        * * *

        I am praying
        To have a white bird
        Flooded with purity
        To fly in my heart's blue sky.

        * * *

        A soft and delicate touch
        From the soul-bird within
        Broke the deep slumber
        Of his earth-bound life.

        * * *

        You are suffering
        From a nagging sense of emptiness.
        Do you know why?
        Because you have renounced
        The silence-moon and the sound-sun
        Of your soul-bird.

        * * *

        At last my mind and my vital
        Have signed a peace treaty.
        Therefore, my soul-bird is flying
        Happily and proudly
        In God's Satisfaction-Firmament.

        * * *

        My Lord Supreme,
        I am eagerly waiting
        For Your great Victory
        So that my earth-bound cage
        Will be transformed
        Into a Heaven-free bird.
        What a joy to know
        The result in advance!

        * * *

        Thank you Sri Chinmoy for these beautiful poems, which have brought
        tears to the eyes of many seekers and poetry-lovers!

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, gabor_sd <
        no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > A friend of mine is looking for a poem.
        > All I know that it begins with "Blue bird on a blue sky", or
        > something similar, and there are other colors in the poem,
        > maybe "white bird", "pink bird", etc.
        >
        > If somebody has this poem, could you please post it here?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Gabor
      • gabor_sd
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2004
          Thanks for the thirteen poems.

          Actually my friend is looking for a particular poem.
          It's an old and long poem, and looks like this:

          A blue bird on the blue sky...
          <a few more lines>

          A white bird on the white sky...
          <a few more lines>

          A pink bird on the pink sky...
          <a few more lines>

          I know that the chances are little that somebody remembers this
          poem, but I thought I give it a try...:)

          Gabor Horvath

          srichinmoyinspiration wrote:

          > Gabor, I hope you and your friend enjoy these thirteen bird poems
          > by Sri Chinmoy. The first three are older poems--actually
          > translations of his Bengali songs from the 1970's. The remaining
          > shorter poems are from his more recent large collections in
          > English: "Ten Thousand Flower-Flames" and "Twenty-Seven Thousand
          > Aspiration-Plants." These are multi-volume works which may be read
          > online at the Sri Chinmoy Library:
          > http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/
          >
          > Enjoy!
          >

          > * * *
          >

          > Thank you Sri Chinmoy for these beautiful poems, which have
          > brought tears to the eyes of many seekers and poetry-lovers!
        • prachar_1
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2 11:55 PM
            Greetings Gabor and blue-bird poem-lovers!

            Here are thirteen more poems for your enjoyment. They are actually a
            series of Bengali songs, composed by Sri Chinmoy on May 31, 1992.

            They are not exactly what your friend described, but there are some
            close matches!

            Here are the Bengali words, followed by Sri Chinmoy's English
            translations:

            *************

            1)

            Ami nil akasher nil pakhi
            Sabakar antare ami daki

            I am a blue bird of the blue sky.
            I am inviting all the aspiring souls.

            2)

            Ami nil akasher nil pakhi
            Nirabata hiyakashe ami taki

            I am a blue bird of the blue sky.
            I dwell in the heart-sky of infinite silence.

            3)

            Ami nil akasher nil pakhi
            Bishalata sathe mor makha makhi

            I am a blue bird of the blue sky.
            I enjoy my inseparable oneness-friendship
            with the vastness of infinity.

            4)

            Ami nil akasher nil pakhi
            Purnatare mor chokhe rakhi

            I am a blue bird of the blue sky.
            I keep inside my vision-eye,
            [this line is illegible in my copy - sorry!]

            5)

            Ami nil akasher sabuj pakhi
            Shakti plabane mor hirare rakhi

            I am a green bird of the blue sky.
            I keep my heart inside the power-flood of the infinite.

            6)

            Ami nil akasher pakhi harit
            Bhalo lage shutibra gati tarit

            I am a green bird of the blue sky.
            I love to have always the fastest lightning-speed.

            7)

            Ami nil akasher lohit bihanga
            Shakti samudre nartane mor prati anga

            I am a red bird of the blue sky.
            Each and every limb of mine dances
            in the infinite ocean of power.

            8)

            Ami nil akasher sonali pakhi sonali
            Niye asi dharanite bibhur jaya dipali

            I am a golden bird of the blue sky.
            I bring down into the world
            The Happiness-Ecstasy-Victory Jubilee
            of my Lord Supreme.

            9)

            Ami nil aksher sada pakhi sada
            Mor pabita hiyai nahi kono badha

            I am a white bird of the blue sky.
            My purity-heart knows no bondage-obstruction.

            10)

            Ami nil akasher rupali pakhi rupali
            Urdhe nimne mor oishi mitali

            I am a silver bird of the blue sky.
            I have established my celestial friendship below, above.

            11)

            Ami nil aksher halde pakhi
            Daniya mahananda sabare thaki

            I am a yellow bird of the blue sky.
            I live by virtue of my self-giving delight.

            12)

            Ami nil akasher beguni pakhi
            Dhara tale prabhu lagi sabare dakhi

            I am a purple bird of the blue sky.
            I am inviting each and every human being of this world
            for the full manifestation of my Lord Beloved Supreme.

            13)

            Ami nil akasher golapi pakhi golapi
            Paramer seba nahi bhuli ami kodapi

            I am a pink bird of the blue sky.
            Sleeplessly I serve my Lord Supreme.
            I do not indulge in talking.

            So on that note, I'd better not add anything more!

            - Prachar