Soup no good or the vow of silence

  • newinspiration2003 <newinspiration2003@y
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2003
      These Jokes have been told at our All German Joy days over the
      weekend. Both of them concern monks who took a vow of silence.

      In the first group of monks one member is allowed to say a few words
      once a year. After one year the big moment comes and the first of the
      monks who is chosen says :"Soup no good"!

      When the next year comes finally to an end after all the monks had
      been staying in deep silence for one year, the second monk gets a
      chance to say something. He calmly says : "I agree"

      Another year in complete silence is passing and finally the great day
      is coming and the third monks gets the chance to say something.
      He exlaims "For God's sake, stop speaking about food"!
      * * *

      In the second joke there is only one student with his Master. The
      student has taken a vow of silence and is allowed to say something
      only every 20 years.
      After praying and meditating intensly and devotedly for 20 years the
      Masters finally gives the student a sign that he can speak. The
      disciple only says : "Food no good".

      Again prayer and meditation for long twenty years. Then the long
      awaited day where the Master invites the student to speak. The
      students comments : "Cave is cold"

      Another 20 years pass, spent in deep meditation and intense prayer
      until at last the great long awaited moment comes: The student is
      allowed to say a few words. He says calmly and firm :"I quit".

      The Master replies: I don't mind, you have been nothing but
      complaining....

      Shashanka

      PS. Highlight of the Joy day was Projjwal's slide show from the
      Christmas Trip that was excuisite with a good blend of pictures of the
      Master, Nature and "family" shots. For each picture there was a
      written comment at the bottom of the picture, like for example:
      "Projjwal & lamb (Projjwal is on