quick tricks and faith-based grace

  • adhiratha
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
      I am interested in what spiritual methods people use to quickly
      change their consciousness for the better during the day.

      Once someone told me to just chant S U P R E M E [meaning the
      deepest, best, highest within myself and others] as fast as
      possible. I don't always remember to do it, but when I do it is
      quite effective--even in the middle of doubt of my own or others'
      capacity or sincerity. In a few moments, the situation or my
      attitude definitely improves. The one who told me about it mentioned
      that I didn't even have to have faith in my mind that it would work.
      Just do it and see what happens.

      And then today there is the April 5th quote from Sri Chinmoy's book
      God's Hour - Daily Meditations for Spiritual Living:
      "Human weakness you conquer only by paying all attention to the
      divine strength, divine capacity, divine capacity, divine
      potentiality within you."

      Off to NY work we go :-)
      - Adhiratha
    • sushmitam_r
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
        -Hi Adhirata
        -Maybe this one works for me well because my name means 'smile' -
        but I find it works every time. I repeat "Mine is not the life of
        God-disappointment tears, Mine is the life of God fulfilment
        smiles." Mostly a few minutes of this makes a huge difference - if
        chanted out loud and with force! Once about 8 years ago, I remember
        it took about 20 mins to half an hour to get results, but that was a
        severe case!
        Your sister
        Sushmitam

        In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, adhiratha <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > I am interested in what spiritual methods people use to quickly
        > change their consciousness for the better during the day.
        >
        > Once someone told me to just chant S U P R E M E [meaning the
        > deepest, best, highest within myself and others] as fast as
        > possible. I don't always remember to do it, but when I do it is
        > quite effective--even in the middle of doubt of my own or others'
        > capacity or sincerity. In a few moments, the situation or my
        > attitude definitely improves. The one who told me about it mentioned
        > that I didn't even have to have faith in my mind that it would work.
        > Just do it and see what happens.
        >
        > And then today there is the April 5th quote from Sri Chinmoy's book
        > God's Hour - Daily Meditations for Spiritual Living:
        > "Human weakness you conquer only by paying all attention to the
        > divine strength, divine capacity, divine capacity, divine
        > potentiality within you."
        >
        > Off to NY work we go :-)
        > - Adhiratha
      • dharmaja
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
          Hi, Adhiratha,

          You asked, "what spiritual methods people use to quickly change
          their consciousness for the better during the day."

          I use the Supreme technique that you mentioned. I take one deep
          breath, then chant it thirteen times rapidly, then repeat the
          exercise many times.

          Also, I use the "Kali Kali Kring" mantra that Guru recorded,
          mentioned in a previous post.

          Dharmaja
          Sacramento, California
        • sarada1007
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
            Gratitude, gratitude and gratitude. Now, gratitude is a very tricky
            thing as most of you will know. It can so easily become just a word
            and not something that is real in any way, so you have to start with
            the small stuff. When I'm particularly grumpy it can take a while to
            think of anything I'm remotely grateful for. Usually, I have to
            start with things that HAVEN'T happened (car crash, tidal wave,
            plague of locusts, etc.) and then eventually I start to be more
            constructive. When you start thinking of things you are really
            grateful for (and perhaps even writing them down) then eventually
            this kind of snowball-effect occurs where you suddenly become aware
            of a huge swathe (is that a word?) of things you are grateful for
            and then you can't even write them down fast enough. You end up
            feeling much more cheerful.

            The trick is, though, that everything inside you has to be
            absolutely genuine when you're doing this. There is no point trying
            to start off being grateful for 'the gift of life' or the
            'opportunity to transcend your weaknesses' when you're in a bad
            mood. That is just never going to work.

            I once had a really nice experience on a plane when they gave me a
            real-sized can of Coke instead of one of those silly mixer cans. I
            was so surprised and grateful that I was in a good consciousness for
            hours. Hmm.. not sure I should be admitting that in a public forum.
            Anyway.

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sushmitam_r