a new project perhaps

  • kamalika_gyorgyjakab
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 19, 2004
      Dear All,

      In lack of time and proper "infrastructure", a couple of weeks ago I
      renounced an idea of mine, but now it's haunting me again, so I'm
      making another tryout. Maybe with your kind help there is a chance
      to make it by mid-April. What's the thing about?

      Last August, on Sri Chinmoy's Birthday, I think the greatest inward
      gift and blessing I received from him (yes, although it was his
      birthday, he was the one who inundated us with gifts) was BEAUTY.
      God in His aspect of BEAUTY.

      When you think of a man of 72, you may have other ideas, but God-
      Realisation is definitely the thing that erases all your concepts of
      age and of every aspect of human life. What I saw that very day when
      we all, one by one, passed by Guru meditating silently, was BEAUTY
      in its absolutely purest form, God reflecting on the whole being of
      the one who has established perfect Oneness with HIM.

      Ever since, there is this poem of Guru's entitled "O My Lord of
      Beauty", from the book My Flute, that keeps lingering in my mind and
      heart. And I would have really liked to return the gift to him in a
      tangible form: I dream of having this soul-stirring devotional poem
      translated into 40 languages, to honour the 40 years he spent
      working in the West, for the worlds of both East and West.

      I have no idea how many nations and languages we represent here, but
      perhaps it's feasible. If someone from each country could translate
      it into their own mother tongue and bring it/send it to New York in
      April in printout and also saved in Word for Windows on a disquette
      or CD-ROM, I could then see how many languages we have. Perhaps we
      could make a book containing this poem of Guru's in 40 languages,
      something we haven't yet done.

      The languages I have the poem in, so far, are: English, Bengali,
      Hindi, German, Hungarian. So 35 more languages are welcome. For
      those who use OTHER THAN Latin, Central-East European, Scandinavian,
      Cyrillic, Greek and Hindi/Bangla characters, please also copy the
      fonts on the disquette/CD. And before you save the final version,
      please make sure someone else from your country has checked /
      proofread it. You could give them to me before April 12 midnight.
      Thank you.

      Here is the poem itself:

      O MY LORD OF BEAUTY

      "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
      Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
      Day and night may Thy Image abide
      In the very depth of my heart.
      Without You my eyes have no vision,
      Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
      All around me, within and without,
      The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
      My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
      O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
      O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
      Even for a fleeting second,
      May I be blessed with the boon
      To see Thy Face."

      Once again, many thanks for considering this project.

      In Oneness,
      Kamalika
    • priyadarshan44
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 19, 2004
        I hope this Italian translation will not be too bad.
        Is there any Italian that can double check it?

        Priyadarshan

        MIO SIGNORE DELLA BELLEZZA

        Tu sei bello, molto bello, bellissimo.
        Bellezza impareggiabile nel giardino dell'Eden.
        Giorno e notte, possa la Tua Immagine risiedere
        Nelle profondita' del mio cuore.
        Senza di te i miei occhi non hanno visione,
        Tutto e' illusione, tutto e' desolazione.
        Intorno a me, dentro e fuori,
        Odo la melodia di sofferenze tenebrose.
        Il mio mondo e' colmo di atroci sofferenze.
        Mio Signore, mio bellissimo Signore,
        Mio Signore della bellezza, in questa vita
        Anche per un fugace secondo,
        Possa essere benedetto con la grazia
        Di vedere il Tuo Volto.

        > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
        >
        > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
        > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
        > Day and night may Thy Image abide
        > In the very depth of my heart.
        > Without You my eyes have no vision,
        > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
        > All around me, within and without,
        > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
        > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
        > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
        > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
        > Even for a fleeting second,
        > May I be blessed with the boon
        > To see Thy Face."
      • arpan_deangelo
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 19, 2004
          Kamalika,
          That sounds like a wonderful and do-able project with much spiritual
          impact. I wish you the best on it. I think not enough people from
          all the various countries use this forum. It would probably be best
          to call each Centre for each language that you wish to interpret.

          I think there should be a correction in the line, "In the very
          depths of my heart" ......but I may be wrong. I have not checked but
          it just sounds like 'depths' is the proper way that it is said or
          was said in the poem. You should check it out. It was just a quick
          observation on my part. Sorry if I am wrong.

          Gratefully,
          Arpan

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalika_gyorgyjakab

        • unmukta15
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 19, 2004
            [From Unmukta]

            This is a wonderful project, Kamalika.
            I will bring the translation on a disk to NY.
            Unmukta.

            For those who want to refresh their Dutch a bit, here is the
            translation:

            O MEESTER DER SCHOONHEID

            U bent mooi, mooier, U bent het mooist,
            Weergaloze schoonheid in de hof van Eden.
            Mag Uw Beeltenis dag en nacht vertoefen
            In de diepste diepten van mijn hart.
            Mijn ogen hebben zonder U geen visie;
            Alles is een illusie, alles is onvruchtbaar.
            Overal om mij heen, van binnen en van buiten,
            Hoor ik de melodie van duistere pijnen.
            Mijn wereld is vol ondragelijke pijnen.
            O Supreme, O mijn mooie Supreme,
            O Meester der Schoonheid,
            Mag ik gezegend worden,
            En slechts een vluchtige seconde Uw Gezicht aanschouwen.

            no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            > please make sure someone else from your country has checked /
            > proofread it. You could give them to me before April 12 midnight.
            > Thank you.
            >
            > Here is the poem itself:
            >
            > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
            >
            > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
            > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
            > Day and night may Thy Image abide
            > In the very depth of my heart.
            > Without You my eyes have no vision,
            > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
            > All around me, within and without,
            > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
            > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
            > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
            > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
            > Even for a fleeting second,
            > May I be blessed with the boon
            > To see Thy Face."
            >

            > Once again, many thanks for considering this project.

          • projjwal27
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 20, 2004
              I checked! It's ok!
              Projjwal

              --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, priyadarshan44
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > I hope this Italian translation will not be too bad.
              > Is there any Italian that can double check it?
              >
              > Priyadarshan
              >
              > MIO SIGNORE DELLA BELLEZZA
              >
              > Tu sei bello, molto bello, bellissimo.
              > Bellezza impareggiabile nel giardino dell'Eden.
              > Giorno e notte, possa la Tua Immagine risiedere
              > Nelle profondita' del mio cuore.
              > Senza di te i miei occhi non hanno visione,
              > Tutto e' illusione, tutto e' desolazione.
              > Intorno a me, dentro e fuori,
              > Odo la melodia di sofferenze tenebrose.
              > Il mio mondo e' colmo di atroci sofferenze.
              > Mio Signore, mio bellissimo Signore,
              > Mio Signore della bellezza, in questa vita
              > Anche per un fugace secondo,
              > Possa essere benedetto con la grazia
              > Di vedere il Tuo Volto.
              >

              > > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
              > >
              > > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
              > > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
              > > Day and night may Thy Image abide
              > > In the very depth of my heart.
              > > Without You my eyes have no vision,
              > > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
              > > All around me, within and without,
              > > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
              > > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
              > > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
              > > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
              > > Even for a fleeting second,
              > > May I be blessed with the boon
              > > To see Thy Face."
            • karpani_ru
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 20, 2004
                Dear Kamalika,

                Great! Great! A wonderful project!!

                We will definitely send you the Russian translation. We have several
                versions, in fact--translated as a proper poem, not just an
                interlinear translation.

                I will also see if I can get it in some other languages of our
                countries, Ukrainian, for example.

                I really like this project! I had a somewhat similar idea a few
                years ago: I decided to offer to Sri Chinmoy the word 'Gratitude'
                translated into as many languages as possible. But of course, it was
                much easier than with a poem. I just went to the Library of Foreign
                Languages and got it translated, I think, into 50 or 60 languages.
                It gave me so much joy!

                Gratitude,
                Karpani

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                > please make sure someone else from your country has checked /
                > proofread it. You could give them to me before April 12 midnight.
                > Thank you.
                >
                > Here is the poem itself:
                >
                > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
                >
                > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
                > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
                > Day and night may Thy Image abide
                > In the very depth of my heart.
                > Without You my eyes have no vision,
                > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
                > All around me, within and without,
                > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
                > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
                > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
                > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
                > Even for a fleeting second,
                > May I be blessed with the boon
                > To see Thy Face."
                >

                > Once again, many thanks for considering this project.

              • adhiratha
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 20, 2004
                  I agree, and if you have an Irish-Canadian-American and a German
                  both agreeing that the Italian is OK, it must be very good :-)

                  --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, projjwal27
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > I checked! It's ok!
                  > Projjwal
                  >
                  > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, priyadarshan44
                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > > I hope this Italian translation will not be too bad.
                  > > Is there any Italian that can double check it?
                  > >
                  > > Priyadarshan
                  > >
                  > > MIO SIGNORE DELLA BELLEZZA
                  > >
                  > > Tu sei bello, molto bello, bellissimo.
                  > > Bellezza impareggiabile nel giardino dell'Eden.
                  > > Giorno e notte, possa la Tua Immagine risiedere
                  > > Nelle profondita' del mio cuore.
                  > > Senza di te i miei occhi non hanno visione,
                  > > Tutto e' illusione, tutto e' desolazione.
                  > > Intorno a me, dentro e fuori,
                  > > Odo la melodia di sofferenze tenebrose.
                  > > Il mio mondo e' colmo di atroci sofferenze.
                  > > Mio Signore, mio bellissimo Signore,
                  > > Mio Signore della bellezza, in questa vita
                  > > Anche per un fugace secondo,
                  > > Possa essere benedetto con la grazia
                  > > Di vedere il Tuo Volto.
                  > >

                  > > > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
                  > > >
                  > > > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
                  > > > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
                  > > > Day and night may Thy Image abide
                  > > > In the very depth of my heart.
                  > > > Without You my eyes have no vision,
                  > > > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
                  > > > All around me, within and without,
                  > > > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
                  > > > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
                  > > > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
                  > > > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
                  > > > Even for a fleeting second,
                  > > > May I be blessed with the boon
                  > > > To see Thy Face."
                • projjwal27
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 20, 2004
                    Adhirata, I am glad you agree, because actually I wasn't too sure!!!
                    Projjwal

                    --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, adhiratha

                  • beograd09
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 20, 2004
                      [From Madhurima]

                      Dear Kamalika,
                      I like your Beauty Project very much, and I will bring the
                      translation in Serbian language to NY. You reminded me of one photo
                      showing Sri Chinmoy and Princess Diana standing next to each other.
                      My first thought was: How Beautiful Guru is!!!
                      Madhurima
                    • priyadarshan44
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 20, 2004
                        I know in your heart and soul you both are more Italian
                        than I am.

                        Ciao, amici miei

                        priyadarshan

                        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > Adhirata, I am glad you agree, because actually I wasn't too sure!!!
                        > Projjwal
                        >
                        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, adhiratha
                        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > > I agree, and if you have an Irish-Canadian-American and a German
                        > > both agreeing that the Italian is OK, it must be very good :-)
                        > >
                        > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, projjwal27
                        > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > > > I checked! It's ok!
                        > > > Projjwal
                        > > >
                        > > > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, priyadarshan44

                      • skosian
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 21, 2004
                          Dear Kamalika,

                          I have translated the poem into Armenian. The Armenian alphabet is
                          unlike any other. I am not a disciple, but only a seeker and a great
                          admirer of Sri Chinmoy. I would be delighted to send you this
                          translation. Please let me know if I should.

                          Thanks.

                          Sassoon

                          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > final version, please make sure someone else from your country has
                          > checked / proofread it. You could give them to me before April 12
                          > midnight. Thank you.
                          >
                          > Here is the poem itself:
                          >
                          > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
                          >
                          > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
                          > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
                          > Day and night may Thy Image abide
                          > In the very depth of my heart.
                          > Without You my eyes have no vision,
                          > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
                          > All around me, within and without,
                          > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
                          > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
                          > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
                          > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
                          > Even for a fleeting second,
                          > May I be blessed with the boon
                          > To see Thy Face."
                          >

                          > Once again, many thanks for considering this project.

                        • kamalika_gyorgyjakab
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 22, 2004
                            Many, many thanks to everyone who reacted already, or who feels a
                            sense of urge and will react in New York. It filled my heart with
                            joy to read all your messages and enthusiastic replies. In what
                            concerns the proper orthograph of the poem, as suggested by Arpan,
                            please use the version at this link:

                            http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/my-flute/58

                            (although even here I found "very depth of my heart", but it's
                            better to be sure I didn't make any typing error).

                            Dear Sassoon,

                            Your Armenian language translation is very welcome. I will check at
                            home whether I still have Armenian fonts (I used to have lots of
                            non- Latin fonts, including Khmer, Japanese and Urdu, but I never
                            used them.... now I only have Indian languages for sure). Anyway,
                            for the time being, please send it through this forum transcribed in
                            Latin letters and I will try to find a way of getting it from you
                            also in printout or on disquette. I will get back to you on this,
                            and I really appreciate your efforts.

                            In Oneness and with Gratitude,
                            Kamalika

                            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, skosian
                            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                            > Dear Kamalika,
                            >
                            > I have translated the poem into Armenian. The Armenian alphabet is
                            > unlike any other. I am not a disciple, but only a seeker and a great
                            > admirer of Sri Chinmoy. I would be delighted to send you this
                            > translation. Please let me know if I should.
                            >
                            > Thanks.
                            >
                            > Sassoon
                          • skosian
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 22, 2004
                              Dear Kamalika,

                              Thank you for this wonderful opportunity of a spiritual exercise,
                              and for entrusting me with this small but significant task. I have
                              polished and fine-tuned the translation several times already
                              (something I thoroughly enjoyed) and will try to get hold of a
                              qualified person to proof-read before the final submission.

                              Please see below the transliteration as you asked.
                              (Please note that some Armenian sounds are quite different from
                              English sounds, so I often have to combine 2 Latin letters for one
                              Armenian letter. It maybe quite hard to pronounce some words.)

                              O im Ter geghetskutian

                              Geghetsik es du, aravel geghetsik, amenain geghetsik.
                              Anzugakan geghetskutiun yedemakan aigum.
                              Togh ko patkeruh haratevi or u gisher
                              Im srti antak khorqerum.
                              Arants qez achqers tesoghutiun chunen,
                              Amen inch patranq e, amen inch datarkutiun.
                              Nersum, drsum, shurjes amenur
                              Khavar khaitotsneri meghedin em lsum.
                              Im kianquh li e tanjali tsaverov.
                              O Ter, o im geghetsik Ter,
                              O im Ter geghetskutian,
                              Ais kianqis untatsqum,
                              Mi hupantsik akuntart angam
                              Togh vor orhnvem
                              Qo demquh tesnelu yerjankutiamb.

                              As for the delivery of the final version, there are several
                              options. The moderator has my email address, but does not have
                              yours. Once he has your email address, he can put us both in
                              contact.

                              Thank you :)

                              Sassoon

                              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                              > Many, many thanks to everyone who reacted already, or who feels a
                              > sense of urge and will react in New York. It filled my heart with
                              > joy to read all your messages and enthusiastic replies. In what
                              > concerns the proper orthograph of the poem, as suggested by Arpan,
                              > please use the version at this link:
                              >
                              > http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/my-flute/58
                              >
                              > (although even here I found "very depth of my heart", but it's
                              > better to be sure I didn't make any typing error).
                              >
                              > Dear Sassoon,
                              >
                              > Your Armenian language translation is very welcome. I will check at
                              > home whether I still have Armenian fonts (I used to have lots of
                              > non- Latin fonts, including Khmer, Japanese and Urdu, but I never
                              > used them.... now I only have Indian languages for sure). Anyway,
                              > for the time being, please send it through this forum transcribed
                              in
                              > Latin letters and I will try to find a way of getting it from you
                              > also in printout or on disquette. I will get back to you on this,
                              > and I really appreciate your efforts.
                              >
                              > In Oneness and with Gratitude,
                              > Kamalika
                            • slavadodonu
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 25, 2004
                                [From Slava]

                                Kamalika,

                                Thank you for the inspiration and the opportunity to participate
                                in this thrilling project. Here's the Romanian translation. I
                                kindly invite speakers of Romanian to proof-read it. Thank you all.

                                Romanian translation

                                O Domnul meu, Domn al Frumusetei
                                Sri Chinmoy
                                (Fluta mea, 1972)

                                Esti magnific, mai magnific, cel mai magnific,
                                Frumusete incomparabila in Gradina Edenului.
                                Fie ca zi si noapte Imaginea Ta sa salasluiasca
                                In adancul inimii mele.
                                Fara Tine ochii mei nu pot vedea –
                                Totul este o iluzie, totul este pustiu.
                                Imprejurul meu, inauntru si in afara
                                Melodia suferintei tenebroase eu aud.
                                Lumea mea este plina de o durere sfasiitoare.
                                O Doamne, O Domnul meu magnific,
                                O Domnul meu al Frumusetei,
                                In aceasta viata, fie si pentru o clipa trecatoare
                                Sa fiu binecuvantat cu darul
                                De a-Ti vedea Chipul."

                              • hapaivi
                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 25, 2004
                                  Hi,

                                  This is my humble contribution till maybe one of the Finnish
                                  Sri Chinmoy Center members submits theirs.

                                  Best regards

                                  Paivi

                                  KAUNEUDEN HERRANI

                                  "Olet kaunis, kauniimpi, kaunein.
                                  Vertaansa vailla oleva kauneus Eedenin puutarhassa.
                                  Öin ja päivin säilyköön Sinun kuvasi
                                  Sydämeni syvyyksissä.
                                  Ilman Sinua silmäni eivät näe,
                                  Kaikki on harhakuvaa, kaikki on tyhjää.
                                  Kaikkialla ympärilläni, sisimmässäni ja ulkopuolella,
                                  Kuulen synkeän tuskan sävelmän.
                                  Maailmani täyttyy sietämättömästä tuskasta.
                                  Oi Herra, oi kaunis Herrani,
                                  Oi kauneuden Herrani, tänä elinaikana
                                  Vaikka vain ohikiitävän hetken ajan
                                  Suotakoon minulle siunaus
                                  Nähdä Sinun kasvosi."

                                • ashirvad_bello
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 26, 2004
                                    Hello Kamalika,

                                    Thanks for giving us the chance to participate in this
                                    wonderful project.
                                    This is the translation into portuguese:

                                    "Ó meu Senhor de Beleza

                                    Você é belo, mais belo, o mais belo.
                                    Beleza sem par no Jardim do Éden.
                                    Dia e noite, possa Vossa Imagem residir
                                    Nas profundezas de meu coração.
                                    Sem Você meus olhos não têm visão,
                                    Tudo é uma ilusão, tudo é árido.
                                    Ao meu redor, dentro e fora,
                                    A melodia de dores tenebrosas eu ouço.
                                    Meu mundo se enche de dores excruciantes.
                                    Ó Senhor, Ó meu belo Senhor,
                                    Ó meu Senhor de Beleza, nesta vida
                                    Mesmo por um breve segundo,
                                    Que eu possa ser abençoado com a dádiva
                                    De ver Tua Face."

                                    With gratitude,

                                    Ashirvad

                                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                                    > please make sure someone else from your country has checked /
                                    > proofread it. You could give them to me before April 12 midnight.
                                    > Thank you.
                                    >
                                    > Here is the poem itself:
                                    >
                                    > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
                                    >
                                    > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
                                    > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
                                    > Day and night may Thy Image abide
                                    > In the very depth of my heart.
                                    > Without You my eyes have no vision,
                                    > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
                                    > All around me, within and without,
                                    > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
                                    > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
                                    > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
                                    > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
                                    > Even for a fleeting second,
                                    > May I be blessed with the boon
                                    > To see Thy Face."
                                    >

                                    > Once again, many thanks for considering this project.

                                  • anasalek
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 30, 2004
                                      [From Anastasija]

                                      Hi Kamalika!

                                      THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This is indeed a great initiative and on
                                      behalf of my sisters and brothers in Latvia I would like to thank
                                      you for a possibility to contribute!

                                      You will definitely get a Latvian translation of this beautiful poem
                                      (it'll be also a melodical & singing "format") along with font files
                                      in NY. How about singing it in 40 languages :-)

                                      All the best!
                                      Anastasija/Latvia

                                      no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
                                      > please make sure someone else from your country has checked /
                                      > proofread it. You could give them to me before April 12 midnight.
                                      > Thank you.
                                      >
                                      > Here is the poem itself:
                                      >
                                      > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
                                      >
                                      > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
                                      > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
                                      > Day and night may Thy Image abide
                                      > In the very depth of my heart.
                                      > Without You my eyes have no vision,
                                      > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
                                      > All around me, within and without,
                                      > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
                                      > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
                                      > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
                                      > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
                                      > Even for a fleeting second,
                                      > May I be blessed with the boon
                                      > To see Thy Face."
                                      >

                                      > Once again, many thanks for considering this project.

                                    • nivedak_corradini
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Apr 4, 2004
                                        Hello Ashirvad,

                                        How beautiful this prayer-poem sounds in Portuguese !

                                        You inspired me to render it in Italian:

                                        "Sei bello, più bello, bellissimo.
                                        Sei la bellezza senza paragoni nel giardino di Eden.
                                        Giorno e notte, possa la Tua Immagine dimorare
                                        Nella profondità del mio cuore.
                                        Senza Te, i miei occhi sono senza visione,
                                        Ogni cosa è illusione, tutto è arido.
                                        Attorno a me, dentro e fuori,
                                        Sento la melodia delle tenebre oscure.
                                        Il mio mondo è riempito di dolori strazianti.
                                        O Signore, o mio Signore bellissimo,
                                        O mio Signore di bellezza,
                                        Concedimi in questa vita, anche solo
                                        Per un attimo fuggente,
                                        Il dono di vedere il Tuo volto."

                                        (Nivedak)

                                        By the way Ashirbad: beautiful is "bello"
                                        in Italian, just the same as you last name !!
                                        Is that your soul's quality ?

                                        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ashirvad_bello

                                      • arpan_deangelo
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Apr 4, 2004
                                          Nivedak,
                                          Che bella, piu bella, bellissima.
                                          Ci vediamo.
                                          Arpan

                                          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nivedak_corradini
                                          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                                          > > > someone else from your country has checked / proofread it. You
                                          > > > could give them to me before April 12 midnight.
                                          > > > Thank you.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Here is the poem itself:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > O MY LORD OF BEAUTY
                                          > > >
                                          > > > "You are beautiful, more beautiful, most beautiful.
                                          > > > Beauty unparalleled in the garden of Eden.
                                          > > > Day and night may Thy Image abide
                                          > > > In the very depth of my heart.
                                          > > > Without You my eyes have no vision,
                                          > > > Everything is an illusion, everything is barren.
                                          > > > All around me, within and without,
                                          > > > The melody of tenebrous pangs I hear.
                                          > > > My world is filled with excruciating pangs.
                                          > > > O Lord, O my beautiful Lord,
                                          > > > O my Lord of beauty, in this lifetime
                                          > > > Even for a fleeting second,
                                          > > > May I be blessed with the boon
                                          > > > To see Thy Face."
                                          > > >

                                          > > > Once again, many thanks for considering this project.

                                        • ashirvad_bello
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Apr 5, 2004
                                            Ciao Nivedak!

                                            I got a lot of joy reading your translation.
                                            The Italian language is the most beautiful of all, in my opinion.
                                            Besides, as Spanish, it is fairly similar to Portuguese, so with a
                                            little effort we are able to understand it.
                                            As you noticed, I also have some Italian ancestors, but my main soul
                                            quality is "blessings to manifest and please the Supreme". But I am
                                            quite happy with the Italian aspect of myself! (or of my name at
                                            least). :-)

                                            Ashirvad

                                            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                                            > Hello Ashirvad,
                                            >
                                            > How beautiful this prayer-poem sounds in Portuguese !
                                            >
                                            > You inspired me to render it in Italian:
                                            >

                                            > "Sei bello, più bello, bellissimo.
                                            > Sei la bellezza senza paragoni nel giardino di Eden.
                                            > Giorno e notte, possa la Tua Immagine dimorare
                                            > Nella profondità del mio cuore.
                                            > Senza Te, i miei occhi sono senza visione,
                                            > Ogni cosa è illusione, tutto è arido.
                                            > Attorno a me, dentro e fuori,
                                            > Sento la melodia delle tenebre oscure.
                                            > Il mio mondo è riempito di dolori strazianti.
                                            > O Signore, o mio Signore bellissimo,
                                            > O mio Signore di bellezza,
                                            > Concedimi in questa vita, anche solo
                                            > Per un attimo fuggente,
                                            > Il dono di vedere il Tuo volto."
                                            >

                                            > (Nivedak)
                                            >
                                            > By the way Ashirbad: beautiful is "bello"
                                            > in Italian, just the same as you last name !!
                                            > Is that your soul's quality ?
                                            >
                                            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, ashirvad_bello
                                            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                            > > Hello Kamalika,
                                            > >
                                            > > Thanks for giving us the chance to participate in this
                                            > > wonderful project.
                                            > > This is the translation into portuguese:
                                            > >
                                            > > "Ó meu Senhor de Beleza
                                            > >
                                            > > Você é belo, mais belo, o mais belo.
                                            > > Beleza sem par no Jardim do Éden.
                                            > > Dia e noite, possa Vossa Imagem residir
                                            > > Nas profundezas de meu coração.
                                            > > Sem Você meus olhos não têm visão,
                                            > > Tudo é uma ilusão, tudo é árido.
                                            > > Ao meu redor, dentro e fora,
                                            > > A melodia de dores tenebrosas eu ouço.
                                            > > Meu mundo se enche de dores excruciantes.
                                            > > Ó Senhor, Ó meu belo Senhor,
                                            > > Ó meu Senhor de Beleza, nesta vida
                                            > > Mesmo por um breve segundo,
                                            > > Que eu possa ser abençoado com a dádiva
                                            > > De ver Tua Face."
                                            > >
                                            > > With gratitude,
                                            > >
                                            > > Ashirvad
                                          • kamalika_gyorgyjakab
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Apr 6, 2004
                                              Bongiorno Nivedak,

                                              E grazie della traduzzione!
                                              Now, we already have Priyadarshan's equally great Italian
                                              translation (specially proofread and approved by Projjwal and
                                              someone else, too:), so I am looking forward to meeting my Italian
                                              friends Shadri, Kishalaya, Anna, Kapila and it will be your own
                                              fellows who will have to decide which one is better (if that can be
                                              decided at all).

                                              Here is his work:

                                              MIO SIGNORE DELLA BELLEZZA

                                              Tu sei bello, molto bello, bellissimo.
                                              Bellezza impareggiabile nel giardino dell'Eden.
                                              Giorno e notte, possa la Tua Immagine risiedere
                                              Nelle profondita' del mio cuore.
                                              Senza di te i miei occhi non hanno visione,
                                              Tutto e' illusione, tutto e' desolazione.
                                              Intorno a me, dentro e fuori,
                                              Odo la melodia di sofferenze tenebrose.
                                              Il mio mondo e' colmo di atroci sofferenze.
                                              Mio Signore, mio bellissimo Signore,
                                              Mio Signore della bellezza, in questa vita
                                              Anche per un fugace secondo,
                                              Possa essere benedetto con la grazia
                                              Di vedere il Tuo Volto.

                                              Translated into Italian by Priyadarshan

                                              And here is yours:

                                              > "Sei bello, più bello, bellissimo.
                                              > Sei la bellezza senza paragoni nel giardino di Eden.
                                              > Giorno e notte, possa la Tua Immagine dimorare
                                              > Nella profondità del mio cuore.
                                              > Senza Te, i miei occhi sono senza visione,
                                              > Ogni cosa è illusione, tutto è arido.
                                              > Attorno a me, dentro e fuori,
                                              > Sento la melodia delle tenebre oscure.
                                              > Il mio mondo è riempito di dolori strazianti.
                                              > O Signore, o mio Signore bellissimo,
                                              > O mio Signore di bellezza,
                                              > Concedimi in questa vita, anche solo
                                              > Per un attimo fuggente,
                                              > Il dono di vedere il Tuo volto."
                                              >

                                              > (Nivedak)

                                              I like both, but my Italian is very limited... I have just shown
                                              them to an Italian translator colleague and she equally liked both.
                                              :-) I am very keen to see the outcome.
                                              Ciao,
                                              Gratitudine,
                                              Kamalika
                                            • icysuren
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Apr 8, 2004
                                                Here's an attempt at an Icelandic translation

                                                Suren

                                                Ó Drottinn fegurðarinnar

                                                Þú ert fallegur, fallegri, fallegastur,
                                                óviðjafnanleg fegurð í aldingarðinum Eden.
                                                Nótt sem dag megi Ímynd Þín búa
                                                í djúpum hjarta míns.
                                                Án Þín geta augu mín ekki séð -
                                                allt er blekking, allt er innantómt.
                                                Allt sem eyrað heyrir, hið innra sem hið ytra,
                                                er lag myrkurs og sársauka.
                                                Veröld mín er ekkert nema einskær kvöl.
                                                Ó Drottinn, ó minn fallegi Drottinn,
                                                ó Drottinn fegurðarinnar,
                                                má ég, í þessu lífi,
                                                þó ekki væri nema eina einustu augnabliksstund,
                                                fá uppfyllta þá ósk
                                                að sjá Ásjónu Þína.

                                              • projjwal27
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Apr 9, 2004