Re: Sri Chinmoy’s sweater gift

  • akanews <akanews@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2003
      Dear Pradhan, this is such a nice story. So much in so few words.
      Let's hear another one.

      Nayak

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, "Pradhan Balter"
      <pradhan@i...> wrote:
      > I just completed a book of stories and experiences that I (and we)
      have had with Sri Chinmoy over the years. Special moments,
      lessons...that sort of thing.

      > Here is one of them...
      > + + + + +
      > Sri Chinmoy's best marathon was in Toledo, Ohio. He ran a 3:54
      marathon. Because Chicago was somewhat nearby, we planned a 26 course
      meal to celebrate this event which we cooked on-site. After Sri
      Chinmoy's marathon, in a large meeting room, perhaps 100 of us were
      seated in front of him. Someone presented Sri Chinmoy with a sweater
      which looked quite beautiful to me. Allow me to confess that I had
      the thought, "Gee, I wouldn't mind having a sweater like that."
      (Note: I place this under the "confession mode" because it is not
      proper to covet something that has been given to your spiritual
      Teacher!)
      > As Sri Chinmoy was leaving for home from the hotel where he had a
      room, I was holding the front door open for him. He was carrying that
      sweater and that same thought repeated on me. As he passed, Sri
      Chinmoy smiled at me and I at him and without a word being said he
      handed me the sweater.
    • newinspiration2003 <newinspiration2003@y
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
        Yes Pradhan, these stories are beautifully uplifting and inspiring.
        Make them a regular appearance here, like a special book preview for
        the readers and members of this group.

        Gratitude and oneness

        Shashanka

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, "akanews