Inspiring news

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2014

      Recently, one of my friends was standing outside The Panorama of My Silence Heart, our café on Parsons Boulevard.  He was wearing a Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team T-shirt, or some other T-shirt or jacket which indicated he was Sri Chinmoy’s student.  Suddenly, a garbage truck pulled over and stopped in front of him and the driver jumped out.  He handed my friend a picture of Guru and said gruffly, “This photograph does not belong in the trash!”  Then he got back in the truck and drove off.

      ***

      As everyone knows, we have by this time inaugurated a statue of Guru in San Diego.  The Centre Leader goes to this statue practically every day to meditate.  A few days ago, he found a letter placed on Guru’s hands.  He opened and read the letter.  It was written in broken English, apparently by a Spanish-speaking woman.  She addressed Guru as “Heavenly Father” and asked him to intercede for her ailing son.  She concluded her letter by saying, “I can see in your eyes that you hear my prayers.”

      ***

      I was sitting in my favorite Ethiopian coffee shop in North Chicago, reading one of Guru’s books.  A Hare Krishna came up to me and, seeing the author’s name, told me that he is also Sri Chinmoy’s devotee.  He said that he attended one of Guru’s Peace Concerts in Chicago in the eighties, and purchased a copy of “God The Supreme Musician.”  He told me he re-reads the book regularly and that it has given him tremendous inspiration.  He told me how happy he was to meet Guru, who in his words, “gave the green light to music.”

      --Mahiruha