Offering goodwill

  • tejvan_13
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2014

      Someone in my centre was thinking of ways to mark Sri Chinmoy’s 50th anniversary in the West. As a personal discipline, they were trying to smile at 50 people a day.

      I thought this was an interesting idea. I tried for a few days, I don’t think I got anywhere near 50 (not that I was counting). But, I was surprised at how much difference it could make to your own state of mind.

      One can’t always go around grinning like a Cheshire cat; in some circumstances it would be out of place. But, we can always offer goodwill to the people we come across.

      When we smile at others, we are offering good will to that person. Whether they get anything I don’t know, but it does help make you feel better. It helps to keep in a positive frame of mind; it helps avoid the tendency of the mind to be critical, suspicious and all that. Such a simple sadhana, but it does make a difference.

      Cheerfulness

      Is immediate progress

      In our spiritual life.

      - Sri Chinmoy

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/st-45944

      Interesting story from Run and Become about the power of a smile

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/rb-5

      ~

      Tejvan