Further Recollections: Guru on unknown Christian saints

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2014

      One of my friends told me how he once heard Guru telling stories about some of the Christian saints.  He mentioned how he was reading about the daughters of famous kings.  Often these kings would send their daughters to convents, to be raised by nuns.  Often, these girls would develop an intense love and devotion for the Christ and wanted to become nuns, too.  Then, when they got older, their fathers insisted that they leave the convent and marry and have children.  But the young women told their fathers that they were already married to the Christ.  Guru felt extremely sorry for these girls who wanted more than anything else to devote themselves to their eternal bridegroom, the Savior Christ, but who were not allowed to do so.  He said, “They are all saints, saints, Christian saints.”