Sri Chinmoy?s 50th Anniversary in the West.
This April 13th, will mark Sri Chinmoy’s 50th anniversary of his arrival in the West. It is a remarkable moment, and an opportunity to reflect on Sri Chinmoy’s multifarious achievements and inspiration around the world.
I wanted to write an article highlighting 50 memorable achievements of Sri Chinmoy in the past 50 years, but that requires considerable time - instead I gave myself a temporarily more achievable task, spending a glorious few hours at Radio Sri Chinmoy, choosing 50 tracks from Sri Chinmoy’s recordings; it was a lot of fun to find some recordings I had not heard before.
Over the coming weeks, it will be interesting to hear how other people are marking and celebrating this special anniversary.
On a personal level I have set myself a target to write 50 articles before August 2013. I hope it doesn’t end up like my New Year’s Resolutions, falling by the wayside before you see the second month. But, perhaps posting on a public forum will make it harder to give up so easily…
BTW: I hear a feint rumour (made up by myself) that Mahiruha is also considering making a promise to write 50 articles before August 2013. - Or at least once a month. We know Chicago is cold in winter, but you can't hibernate forever. Mahiruha, we need you to brighten up our day with some inspiring anecdote. :)
- Hi Tejvan, that is quite a project to write 50 articles, so I wish you good luck and I hope you will publish them on the internet.
As someone rather restricted and confined due to ill health, I am trying to do a few personal things to celebrate Guru's 50 anniversary of coming to the West. Of course I have been thinking of something already. Mostly I feel gratitude to him and thought of writing down 50 reasons to be grateful, which I have done. I have to admit that during that process, the feeling of gratitude became more tangible. I may post my fifty reasons to be grateful in an adjacent post.
On the outer plane I will bring the little gift cards with a poem and a bird on it to 50 shops in our town.
- Even though the technical world did not allow me to participate more often in this forum, I could read from time to time many of these inspiring postings full of incredible news.Many thanks for keeping Guru´s Flame of Self-Transcendence alive in so many ways!I got more inspiration and on the following 50 days I´ll be postering poems on two of my favourite themes: `Smiles´ and `Here and Now´. Here it goes:HERE and NOWI clearly seeThat God has come downAll the way from HeavenTo earthTo receive a cute smileFrom my heart.HERE and NOWMy breath must learnHow to breatheThe breath of the world.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)Suchana
- I shall enjoy the Cosmic Game.I shall lose myself inside the heart of the blue ocean.Nobody will be able to see me, nobody.Only one person, and that is You, Mother,And Your Smile.Your Smile will awaken a boundless heart in meBy destroying all finite darkness in me.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)HERE and NOWI must realiseThat God is very simpleAnd very easy to love-Like a flower or a child.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)GratefullySuchana
- Forgive me, forgive me,Forgive me, forgive me.Hold my hands, hold my hands,Hold my hands, hold my hands.A new hope, a new life, a new smile, a new songI wish to have from You.I know all these things I can getOnly as an unconditional Compassion-Gift from You.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)HERE and NOWI must realiseThat God´s Cosmic PlansAre neither inexplicableNor mysterious.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)Gratefully,Suchana
- "When the sun appears in the East,I make friends with my poetry.I see a golden discRight above the blue sea.A red hibiscus is smiling at me.Is there anybody on earth, O Sun,Who does not long for your smile?No, nobody.Everybody wants your smile.I, too, want your smileAnd something more:I want to bow to youWith my heart´s adoration.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)in http://www.srichinmoysongs.com/song/view/uthe-jakhan-pub-gagane-savita/7535/?qs=uthe+jakhan+pub+gagane+savitaHERE and NOWI shall live my lifeBetween my desire-banishmentAnd my God-attachment.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)GratitudeSuchana
- On the bank of my heart-riverI see Your nest, all-illumining and all-fulfilling.Today my life is fulfilled in fullest measure,For I have been blessed with Your endless Smile.Today I have discovered Nectar-LightIn You, of You.Slowly and slowly,Your Nectar-Life I have discovered-Who I eternally am.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)HERE and NOWMay the beauty and divinityOf faithSurround my life all the time.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)In Gratitude-HeartSuchana
- By the Grace of the Supreme, I became Guru´s student over 31 years ago and the following Poem-Song expresses exactly my present inner feelings on these days, enjoy!"I am still aliveJust because You have given me shelter.You call me;Therefore, I dance with joy and ecstasy.You hold my hands;There fore, I smile divinely.Your endless CompassionHas given me todayThe transformation-flute of my life."Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)in http://www.srichinmoysongs.com/song/view/tumi-amai-diyechho-thai/13079/?qs=Tumi+amai+diyechho+thaiBecause some spiritual discipline I must also put into practice, the following new Poem to me has such an impact in my inner and outer progress:"HERE and NOWI do not have the doubting mindThat curves and swerves,But I do have the aspiring heartThat glows and flows."Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)In Gratitude-HeartSuchana
- Many times I see that the full moon is smiling powerfully. Here it is another melodious Poem-Song composed by Sri Chinmoy during the United Nations International Year of Peace (1986); happily it shows me that my experience is not hallucination:"Like a bird I wish to fly.Like a moon I wish to smile.Like a flute I wish to play music."Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)in http://www.srichinmoysongs.com/song/view/urte-chahi-pakhir-mato/7526/?qs=like+a+bird+I+wish+to+flyEverything should become simplicity in our lives; this is something that the adults´mind usually forgets! We can find here a solution:HERE and NOWGod wants me to approach HimWith the sweetness-innocenceOf a child.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)Happy start in March!Suchana
- To see Your SmileI must forgetMy little "i".Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)HERE and NOWI must dissociate myselfFrom the destruction-breathOf ignorance-night.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)Gratefully,Suchana
- While listening to this Song, my heart dreams of a world of smiling faces:"I never like to cry.I only like to smile."Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)We come from a Smiling Source. What a relief is found in the following Poem!HERE and NOWI ask God:My Lord,Where can I find You?"My child,Inside My Blessing-Eye-Smiles."Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)Gratefully,Suchana
- "O surrender - smileIn the depths of my heart,I love you."Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)in http://www.srichinmoysongs.com/song/view/o-surrender-smile/18003/?qs=o+surrender+smile+I+love+youHERE and NOWI must dauntlessly stopImpossibilityFrom blocking my Godward way.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)Gratefully,Suchana
- The role of our spiritual heart is powerfully emphasized in Sri Chinmoy´s writings and lyrics. The Master sees the heart being the only way to overcome all our mental darkness and ignorance.The following short poem introduces a simple practical answer to so many mental questions:"To break down the mind´sEgo-wall,Use your heart´sOneness-illumination-smile."Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)And also because there is a Divine urge pushing us to focus on our spiritual heart in order to fulfill the Divine in His own Way, the Master also writes:HERE and NOWGod wants me to forgetAll my faults.He wants me to remember onlyMy God-gratitude-heart.Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)Very gratefully,Suchana