Sri Chinmoy?s 50th Anniversary in the West.

  • tejvan_13
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 8, 2014

      This April 13th, will mark Sri Chinmoy’s 50th anniversary of his arrival in the West. It is a remarkable moment, and an opportunity to reflect on Sri Chinmoy’s multifarious achievements and inspiration around the world.

      I wanted to write an article highlighting 50 memorable achievements of Sri Chinmoy in the past 50 years, but that requires considerable time -  instead I gave myself a temporarily more achievable task, spending a glorious few hours at Radio Sri Chinmoy, choosing 50 tracks from Sri Chinmoy’s recordings; it was a lot of fun to find some recordings I had not heard before.

      http://www.srichinmoybio.co.uk/news/sri-chinmoy/50-selected-recordings/

      Over the coming weeks, it will be interesting to hear how other people are marking and celebrating this special anniversary.

      On a personal level I have set myself a target to write 50 articles before August 2013. I hope it doesn’t end up like my New Year’s Resolutions, falling by the wayside before you see the second month. But, perhaps posting on a public forum will make it harder to give up so easily…

      BTW: I hear a feint rumour (made up by myself)  that Mahiruha is also considering making a promise to write 50 articles before August 2013. - Or at least once a month. We know Chicago is cold in winter, but you can't hibernate forever. Mahiruha, we need you to brighten up our day with some inspiring anecdote. :)

      ~

      Tejvan

    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 16, 2014
        Hi Tejvan, that is quite a project to write 50 articles, so I wish you good luck and I hope you will publish them on the internet.

        As someone rather restricted and confined due to ill health, I am trying to do a few personal things to celebrate Guru's 50 anniversary of coming to the West. Of course I have been thinking of something already. Mostly I feel gratitude to him and thought of writing down 50 reasons to be grateful, which I have done. I have to admit that during that process, the feeling of gratitude became more tangible. I may post my fifty reasons to be grateful in an adjacent post.

        On the outer plane I will bring the little gift cards with a poem and a bird on it to 50 shops in our town.

        Doris
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21, 2014
          Even though the technical world did not allow me to participate more often in this forum, I could read from time to time many of these inspiring postings full of incredible news.
          Many thanks for keeping Guru´s Flame of Self-Transcendence alive in so many ways!
          I got more inspiration and on the following 50 days I´ll be postering poems on two of my favourite themes: `Smiles´ and `Here and Now´. Here it goes:

          HERE and NOW

          I clearly see
          That God has come down
          All the way from Heaven
          To earth
          To receive a cute smile
          From my heart.

          HERE and NOW

          My breath must learn
          How to breathe
          The breath of the world.

          Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)
          Suchana

        • suchana27
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 22, 2014
            I shall enjoy the Cosmic Game.
            I shall lose myself inside the heart of the blue ocean.
            Nobody will be able to see me, nobody.
            Only one person, and that is You, Mother,
            And Your Smile.
            Your Smile will awaken a boundless heart in me
            By destroying all finite darkness in me.

            Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

            HERE and NOW
            I must realise
            That God is very simple
            And very easy to love-
            Like a flower or a child.

            Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

            Gratefully
            Suchana
          • suchana27
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 23, 2014
              Forgive me, forgive me,
              Forgive me, forgive me.
              Hold my hands, hold my hands,
              Hold my hands, hold my hands.
              A new hope, a new life, a new smile, a new song
              I wish to have from You.
              I know all these things I can get
              Only as an unconditional Compassion-Gift from You.

              Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

              HERE and NOW
              I must realise
              That God´s Cosmic Plans
              Are neither inexplicable
                 Nor mysterious.

              Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

              Gratefully,
              Suchana
            • suchana27
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 24, 2014
                "When the sun appears in the East,
                I make friends with my poetry.
                I see a golden disc
                Right above the blue sea.
                A red hibiscus is smiling at me.
                Is there anybody on earth, O Sun,
                Who does not long for your smile?
                No, nobody.
                Everybody wants your smile.
                I, too, want your smile
                And something more:
                I want to bow to you
                With my heart´s adoration.

                Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                HERE and NOW
                I shall live my life
                Between my desire-banishment
                 And my God-attachment.

                Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                Gratitude
                Suchana

              • suchana27
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 25, 2014
                  On the bank of my heart-river
                  I see Your nest, all-illumining and all-fulfilling.
                  Today my life is fulfilled in fullest measure,
                  For I have been blessed with Your endless Smile.
                  Today I have discovered Nectar-Light
                  In You, of You.
                  Slowly and slowly,
                  Your Nectar-Life I have discovered-
                  Who I eternally am.

                  Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                  HERE and NOW
                  May the beauty and divinity
                    Of faith
                  Surround my life all the time.

                  Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                  In Gratitude-Heart
                  Suchana
                • suchana27
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 27, 2014
                    By the Grace of the Supreme, I became Guru´s student over 31 years ago and the following Poem-Song expresses exactly my present inner feelings on these days, enjoy!

                    "I am still alive
                    Just because You have given me shelter.
                    You call me;
                    Therefore, I dance with joy and ecstasy.
                    You hold my hands;
                    There fore, I smile divinely.
                    Your endless Compassion
                    Has given me today
                    The transformation-flute of my life."
                    Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                    Because some spiritual discipline I must also put into practice, the following new Poem to me has such an impact in my inner and outer progress:

                    "HERE and NOW
                    I do not have the doubting mind
                     That curves and swerves,
                    But I do have the aspiring heart
                     That glows and flows."
                    Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                    In Gratitude-Heart
                    Suchana
                  • suchana27
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 1, 2014
                      Many times I see that the full moon is smiling powerfully. Here it is another melodious Poem-Song composed by Sri Chinmoy during the United Nations International Year of Peace (1986); happily it shows me that my experience is not hallucination:

                      "Like a bird I wish to fly.
                      Like a moon I wish to smile.
                      Like a flute I wish to play music."
                      Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                      Everything should become simplicity in our lives; this is something that the adults´mind usually forgets! We can find here a solution:

                      HERE and NOW
                      God wants me to approach Him
                      With the sweetness-innocence
                        Of a child.
                      Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                      Happy start in March!
                      Suchana

                    • suchana27
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2014
                          To see Your Smile
                          I must forget
                          My little "i".
                        Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                        HERE and NOW
                        I must dissociate myself
                        From the destruction-breath
                          Of ignorance-night.
                        Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)
                        Gratefully,
                        Suchana
                      • suchana27
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 3, 2014

                          While listening to this Song, my heart dreams of a world of smiling faces:

                           "I never like to cry.
                            I only like to smile."
                          Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                          We come from a Smiling Source. What a relief is found in the following Poem!

                          HERE and NOW
                          I ask God:
                            My Lord,
                          Where can I find You?
                          "My child,
                          Inside My Blessing-Eye-Smiles."
                          Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                          Gratefully,
                          Suchana

                        • suchana27
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 4, 2014

                            "O surrender - smile
                              In the depths of my heart,
                              I love you."
                            Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                            HERE and NOW
                            I must dauntlessly stop
                              Impossibility
                            From blocking my Godward way.
                            Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                            Gratefully,
                            Suchana
                          • suchana27
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 7, 2014
                              The role of our spiritual heart is powerfully emphasized in Sri Chinmoy´s writings and lyrics. The Master sees the heart being the only way to overcome all our mental darkness and ignorance.
                              The following short poem introduces a simple practical answer to so many mental questions:

                              "To break down the mind´s
                                     Ego-wall,
                                Use your heart´s
                              Oneness-illumination-smile."
                              Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

                              And also because there is a Divine urge pushing us to focus on our spiritual heart in order to fulfill the Divine in His own Way, the Master also writes:

                              HERE and NOW
                              God wants me to forget
                                 All my faults.
                              He wants me to remember only