NEW YEAR'S MESSAGES

  • animesh.harrington
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2013
      "On the eve of the New Year, a new consciousness dawns on earth. God once again inspires each human being, each creature, with new hope, new light, new peace and new joy." — Sri Chinmoy

      During his lifetime, Sri Chinmoy's annual New Year's Message became a tradition. Usually offered in conjunction with a public meditation in the month of December, Sri Chinmoy would recite a special message for the coming new year.

      Sri Chinmoy Reflections has now, for the first time, published the entire collection of New Year's Messages from 1966 to 2007, together with Sri Chinmoy's own comments, photographs from the public meditations, and songs composed.

      http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/new-years-messages

      As it is still a work in progress, we would be most grateful and delighted to receive any contributions of photographs or related material you may have.

      Happy New Year to all,

      Animesh
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2014
        What a treasure, Animesh!

        Just yesterday I looked through my collection of New Year's messages beginning in 1990, thinking , "...if I only knew all of them." Perhaps they are also available in book form?

        It may sounds greedy, but if ever possible, I would also treasure the monthly messages I heard Guru gave over the years.

        2981
        "On the threshold of a new year
        May our minds have
        A new determination-dictionary