Film on Ashrita selected among 10 best of 2013 in vimeo

  • kedarvideo
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2013
      This year the video directory vimeo.com featured just under 1,500 videos in the Staff Picks section. They write: "We loved them all, but, in the spirit of year-end lists, some videos must be given affection of a more cosmic variety. We chose 10 videos of the year, along with some personal thoughts on why we enjoyed them." And "The Record Breaker" featuring Ashrita, is among these 10! And this is staff member Sam Morrill's comment on the film:

      "
      We first saw "The Record Breaker" at the Full Frame Film Festival and immediately fell in love with its protagonist, Ashrita Furman. On the surface it’s a comedic documentary profiling the man who holds the record for, um, holding the most Guinness World Records. But the heart of "The Record Breaker" is a moving story about a father and son, their estrangement, and ultimate reconciliation."

      For those who haven' seen it, here again is the link:

      https://vimeo.com/79010983

      The video has been watched by 354,000 viewers on vimeo.com so far...

    • abanna27
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2013
        Hi all,

        A solution if you have trouble viewing this video... It was trying to load using a vimeo.com default setting of "High Definition" which was proving impossibly slow on my computer.

        The solution:
        Put the video in full screen view, and then click on the blue "HD" in the lower right corner to turn off High Definition.
        Et Voila!

        This video is extremely touching, and unique from other Ashrita profiles with its clips from an interview with Ashrita's parents. We feel their hurt, bewilderment and disappointment when Ashrita dropped out of school to follow this spiritual path, then his father describes how he grew to see things differently over time. Now he says that Ashrita is the happiest person he knows, and isn't that what every parent wants? For their children to be happy? We see a father's pride and love. Some of us will be inspired to share this video with our own families.

        Abanna
      • doris.cott
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 28, 2013
          Thank you Abanna, I actually had been given up watching the video, but now it worked...

          And here is a short video of his latest record he just broke yesterday in Portugal.

          http://inspiringnews.wordpress.com/