Sri_Chinmoy's_Music_at_the_National_Mexican_Univ

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23 7:28 PM

      I recently got inspiring news from Susodaya in Mexico City where Fernanda -a Mexican musician living in Salszbourg, Austria- offered Sri Chinmoy´s soulful music through her personal performances. A very first concert took place at the National Mexican University -both at the College of Chemistry and the Superior School of Music last week.

      Many people attended, including the head of college, and  followed her talks on spiritual and classical music with much attention before showing one of Guru´s videos on this topic; the whole thing being part of her project ´New concepts for a concert: ´Fostering Exploration and Receptivity´.

      Another video about her violinist friend and colleague from Salszbourg who could not get to Mexico due to storms was also showed.

      Susodaya kindly wrote to me that in the video Guru says that "we do not have to know music in order to understand it if we listen to music with our hearts... music is like visiting a garden where you can enjoy the beauty and fragrance of flowers without taking into account their botanical names or categories." [unofficial]

      We are all so happy that amidst the devastating floods and storms that Mexican people are suffering on these days, many people are receiving new spiritual insights and light through Fernanda´s special concerts.

      Suchana