The importance of this site

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 19, 2013

      I write on this site for a lot of reasons.  I asked a friend of mine, who helped found this site, who are we writing for?  Who is our audience?  He told me something inspiring.  He said that we can hope that in our next incarnations that we will be spiritual, as we tried to be spiritual in this life.  So,  our intended readership is we, ourselves, as we try to reconnect with light and with divinity in the future.

      Of course, Sri Chinmoy taught us not to think about the future, and certainly not to waste our time thinking about future lives, which are totally unknown.  Still, I like the idea of bequeathing something to myself- it reminds me of a poem by Sri Chinmoy that I like very much:

      If you are going

      To save something precious

      For the future,

      Then do not forget

      To put away

      A large portion

      Of your gratitude heart

      For the person who has taught you

      The lesson of self-transcendence.

      (From Ten Thousand Flower Flames, by Sri Chinmoy)

      So, the one thing I would like to offer to my future lives is a sense of undying gratitude to my Guru, Sri Chinmoy, for his beautiful example of an all-serving life of prayerful, unconditional love.  Sri Chinmoy taught me how to live, and that's the greatest gift of all.

      My friend also told me that we can feel that the Supreme Himself is the real audience.  To me, the internet is like a jungle.  I stay away from this jungle except to contribute what I can to spiritual sites like this Inspiration forum.  But, if you look at the internet from a different angle, it is a completely non-material form of communication, and in that way resembles what the ancient Indian seers called the Akashic record, a directory or a bibliography of our earthly experiences.  The seekers of the future will be interested in what we have to say here.  Let us continue to be kind and generous to them.

      A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW

      A hundred years from now,

      My highest Goal shall bow

      To me, to me, to me.

      A hundred years from now,

      My silence-breath shall cow

      Dark earth's ignorance-sea.

      A hundred years from now,

      My single Eye shall plough

      The soil of Eternity.

      A hundred years from now,

      I shall, I shall endow

      My Lord with my spirit's key.

      --Sri Chinmoy, from his book "A Hundred Years From Now"

      Mahiruha

    • arpan_deangelo
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 23, 2013

        Thanks for the inspiration and information and recitation and celebration and reincarnation.

        But I feel guilty that I have not contributed here in a while. Life has been quite busy here in NY and I can only focus on so many things at once. But that does not stop me from feeling the same way as you do about the value of this website. I will try to contribute more soon, but as usual-'gotta go'.

        Gratefully,

        Arpan

      • tejvan_13

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 30, 2013

             Arpan, you are a great contribution to this world! I thank all the posters for their inspiration and aspiration. :) Thank you! :)

            --
            Love,
            Mark

          • mahiruha_27
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 1, 2013

              Dear Mark,

              I feel the same way about Arpan as you do.  Guru once said in an aphorism that "A great athlete is a little man tirelessly inspired.  A good athlete is a simple life sleeplessly awakened."  To me, Arpan is both a great athlete and also a good athlete.  But, to be honest, I've always thought of Arpan as a poet first and an athlete second.  He truly has an unusual gift for mantric utterance.  I remember once when Arpan read out a special poem he had composed in honor of the 3100 mile race.  I think he wrote it in 2002.  Guru asked Arpan to read it out on Arpan's birthday, and I just remember Arpan reciting it and Guru smiling and nodding, indicating that this is how he wishes the 3100 Mile Self-Transcendence Race, which he inaugurated, to be seen.

              [3100 Mile Race Poem by Arpan]

              A 3,100 mile orbit of concrete, automobiles and local humanity,
              Lightly spiced with a hint of nature
              And fed by the Grace of God,
              Supported with the efforts of friends
              Who sympathize with the pain,
              The Joys
              And the challenges
              Facing at every moment
              This handful of Hero-Warriors.

              Running, walking, struggling
              To the beat of their own
              Undying aspirations
              In this perpetually moving Epic adventure,
              These Ultimate Survivors
              Of obstacles unimaginable
              Are proving to humanity
              With their unparalleled perseverance,