Recollections on Sri Chinmoy: One man's experience of Guru

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2013

      One day, in the early seventies, one of my friends was walking by the Jamaica high school track.  Let’s call him Brian.  He was delighted and thrilled to see Guru running!  I don’t know how much running Guru did in the early seventies, but my friend just watched and watched Guru, utterly fascinated.

      As Brian stared at the Master, he saw Guru’s form shift.  Suddenly, he noticed that Guru had become something non-human, with hundreds of arms and legs, shining, jumping up and down and racing with unfathomable joy.  He saw nothing in this being but joy and freedom.  He saw no suffering in Guru at all.  Then, the vision faded and he saw Guru in his normal form with two arms and two legs and so on.

      Guru had Brian read out this experience to us in the early 2000’s.  I think Guru commented that nobody else has ever seen what Brian saw that day.

      I guess that might point to why I keep practicing the spiritual life.  There are definitely higher experiences, higher realities that we can strive to attain.  There are more things in the universe than we can perceive with our limited reason and intellect.

      --Mahiruha