Self-Transcendence Swimming

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2013
      Hi dear all,

      Yesterday Adriano finished successfully swimming the English Channel between England and France in 11 hours 10 minutes.
      This was his first attempt after having been training in his native Sao Jose dos Campos, in Brazil, for over a year.

      "Self-transcendence joy
      Unmistakably knows
      No equal."

      Sri Chinmoy
      in My Christmas-New-Year-Vacation-Aspiration-Prayers
      #59, Part 30

      Congratulations!
      Suchana
    • tejvan_13
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2013
        Yes, Congratulations are well deserved. After swimming the channel on Saturday, (in a super quick time). He came with his helpers - Karteek (a nine time veteran of the channel) and Ashirvad to Ipswich on Sunday.

        It was a pleasure to meet Adriano. He came across as a great athlete. He was very noble in receiving our sincere admiration. It was also wonderful timing. His super quick crossing enabled him to arrive just in time for the statue ceremony in Ipswich. A nice bonus for us all.

        ~

        Tejvan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2013
          Oh my God!

          What a tremendous achievement!

          Kamalakanta
        • tejvan_13
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29, 2013
            Sorry, I must correct my own post. Karteek has achieved 10 successful crossings of the English channel not 9!

            There is a list of channel swims here by members of the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team, with a short news item about Adriano.

            http://channel.srichinmoyraces.org/

            ~

            Tejvan