Re: Tribute Mix on World Harmony Mix

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 21, 2013
      For the last days I have been listening to Venu´s Group singing Guru´s longest song (Diyulok Chariye). What a wonderful tribute!

      Days after, a kind of ´tribute reply´ from the last recording of Sri Chinmoy playing the Esraj 6 was uploaded; most of them are compositions that I hear for the very first time. This recording makes me also feel the esraj playing like a tiny flute along a few notes.

      You are so true, dear Doris, that Guru´s music has a special touch on every aspect of our life -both spiritual and physical. These blessingful gifts we can cherish freely and untiringly forever with the hope that future generations will grow in a more peaceful and joyful world.

      Here, before leaving you, I want to thank Tejvan who kindly helped my technological ignorance in order to keep on contacting our spiritual forum.

      Many thanks for your warm greetings and kind inspiration!

      Happy days,
      Suchana
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 23, 2013
        Yes, dear Suchana, music and especially our master's compositions are unique, what makes them very special for me too. Other words fail me.

        Guru always emphasized on using one's own talents and being creative. Years ago this advice seemed to be so remote for me, that I didn't really identify with it.

        In my youth all my friends were more or less involved and successful in different fields of art. At some point I got frustrated at always praising others' works but not knowing how to express myself. I think I was seeker! :-)

        To be very honest, after many years of listening extensively to the disciple's arrangements of our master's music I almost stopped doing this for the same reason as mentioned above.

        I am someone who needed and maybe still needs encouragement to believe in my own talents. The many beautiful songs uploaded on Shoutcast Radio, for the whole world to listen to, not only gave me the impression that someone must be a real music lover (and being at home in this subject) but also served as an encouragement to continue practicing my own instrument regularly with the result of slowly making progress. It seems to be harder to practice alone (without having an outer teacher) but it is definitely rewarding. It begins to give me joy and for that I am very, very grateful.

        4570 YOUR APPRECIATION-POWER
        Think nicely of others.
        It does not hurt you.
        Appreciate others.
        It cannot lower you.
        On the contrary,
        Your appreciation-power
        Is nothing short of
        Your elevation-tower.

        4808 FAILURES IN THE SINGING WORLD
        There are two kinds of failures
        In the singing world:
        Those who sing without having
        A good singing voice,
        And those who do not sing
        In spite of having a good singing voice.

        From: "Ten-Thousand Flower-Flames" books

        * * *

        Doris

        P.S. I too was quite impressed by Venu's aspiration of singing the long song "Dylok Chariye" every day till the end of his life. Like you, at least I listened to the recording every day since.