Recollections: A remarkable arrangement of Sri Chinmoy's music

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013
      In 2004 or 2005, a great Russian composer arranged Guru's music for a cappella chorus. The name of this CD, I believe, is "The Oneness-Heart of Fullness-Songs". Guru had it played for us at a Wednesday night meditation at PS 117. The songs were absolutely ethereal; obviously this man had dived very deep into Guru's consciousness and wanted to offer these songs as a soulful tribute. Many people were in tears.

      Afterwards, Guru mentioned one of his disciples, Haridas, who had passed some years before. He was an extremely gifted musician who had set many of Guru's songs to music. His arrangements are heavenly! But Guru said that Haridas, who is now in the soul, would forgive him for saying that these new arrangements far surpassed anything he had done. Guru also said that his mind does not understand what this Russian composer has done with his songs, but that the heart also has ears, and that his heart's ears appreciate these arrangements deeply. Then Guru said that he did not see anyone in the near future equaling this composer's achievement with his music. He paused for a half second, and seemed to be inwardly searching, and then he said that even in the distant future he does not see anyone doing what this man has done with his songs.

      Obviously Guru had a third eye which was fully open, so he "can look into the seeds of time, And say which grain will grow and which will not".

      --Mahiruha
    • sri_chinmoy_inspiration
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2013
        [posted on behalf of Ashish. Please see posting instructions here:

        http://www.srichinmoyinspiration.com/content/joining-sri-chinmoy-inspiration-group

        Hi Mahiruha.

        That recording is definitely one of my favorite ones. I like also the "Four Universals" performed by New Yorkers, "A New World of Peace" by Premik and "Kata Usha Elo - The America Concert" by Kalatit. All of them are great classical arrangements and well done. Well and I can't forget latest Paree's arrangements too :-)

        Is there anyone who can write more about the recording of the Spiritual Ranaissance Choir in Moscow?

        Ashish
      • mahiruha_27
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2013
          Dear Ashish,

          I'll look up the 'Four Universals'. Who composed or arranged that piece?

          I do have Kalatit's America concert. It's a splendid work.

          And Paree's arrangements are celestial. I fully agree.

          Hope to see you in New York, Ashish!

          --Mahiruha