Peace tree in Bosnia and Hercegovina

  • chanakhya78
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
      In 1997 as part of a Peace run that was organized in Sarajevo a Peace tree was planted in a park near the city center. After a little while the sign was damaged and removed, so for some years there was nothing to say what the tree actually was.
      I moved to Sarajevo to be part of the center there just over a year ago and had the inspiration to once again place a plaque by the tree. On July 5th, after 2 months of organizing it (with the help of the director of the international Peace center), the tree was re-dedicated.
      It was a small ceremony with about 20 attendee's, 2 local TV crews and 2 local newspaper reporters.A new more permanent sign has been place near the tree, which includes a a qr code, which when you take a photo of with a smart phone, takes you to srichinmoycenter.org. This is just the start of new projects that we in Sarajevo have in mind.
      The meditation group here is just 6 members strong, quite small, but with big ideas.

      Chanakhya
    • jadranka11
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2013
        Hi Chanakhya,

        Its nice to hear that you renew the plaque and made the tree ours again.
        We organised Peace Run 97 in Sarajevo with a special permission and blessings from Guru, as Bosnia was still under the war consequences and it was very sensitive to organise any event of that type.
        We ran on the edge of the whole city, about 30 km, literary on the battle line. It was more than 30 runners, 15 from Serbia and 15 from Hungary and after the run we had a tree ceremony. I remember it was a small and tiny one, but very beautiful and elegant, and the most of all, we were so happy to be able to do something for peace at that time. The tree was a vivid proof of the event.
        Sarajevo suffered the most during that unfortunate war in Yugoslavia, and no nation knew what was happening. We lived in peace and harmony for so many years not even thinking which nationality someone is, and then overnight hostile forces came, fear came, and people were confused what was going on.
        Thank you so much for bringing peace vibration and energy into the heart of former Yugoslavia - we used to call Sarajevo like that, and it really was. I hope more events will come, like concerts, exhibitions and lectures, to put Sarajevo at the place where it belongs.

        In Guru's Loving Heart!

        Gratitude,

        Jadranka
      • chanakhya78
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013
          Hi Jadranka,
          Yes the tree is very beautiful and provides a nice shade for those that sit on the benches in front of it.
          In May I gave a talk on Sport and Meditation at the Faculty of Sport in Sarajevo, around 70 students and a few professors attended. I have been invited to give more in the fall.
          There are indeed plans for a concert in September and we hope to begin offering Self Transcendence 2 mile races soon. We hope that the Heart of Yugoslavia will once again beat strongly.