A little story

  • abanna27
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2013
      I turn my cell phone off during our evening centre meditations, then I have to remember to turn it back on so the alarm on the phone can wake me for meditation the next morning.

      A few weeks ago, I was just drifting off to sleep, when I remembered my phone was still turned off in another room. Not wanting to get up, I thought, "Guru will wake me up in the morning," and instantly dropped off.

      The next morning, I had a dream. I was on a Christmas trip, looking out a 2nd story hotel window, when I saw my son, Antara-Prabhat, playing a musical instrument on the lawn below. I ran down to see him and discovered that Guru was also there and had been watching Antara-Prabhat. When Guru saw me, he smiled hugely and was silently blessing me. He seemed amused or pleased in some way. I was in the seventh heaven of delight!

      But then I started to wake up. "No! No!" I was telling myself. "No! No! I don't want to wake up!" I was struggling to stay asleep so I could bask in the blessings and my nearness to Guru.

      But it didn't work. Too soon I was wide awake. I was disappointed, but still enjoying the glow from the blessings. Then a big smile grew on my face as it dawned on me: Guru was waking me up! Just like I asked him to, the night before. No wonder I couldn't stay asleep to enjoy the dream.

      This makes me laugh and laugh, even now.

      And by the way, Guru woke me up half an hour earlier than my usual time!

      ---Abanna