Recollections: One of my Memories with Sri Chinmoy

  • marker913
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 27, 2013
      I remember one time, in New York, around 1995, i was a relatively new disciple and I was thinking a lot about whether or not Guru really knew me. I often thought that Guru knew my every move, my every conversation, my every thought, but at that time I started wondering whether that was really true. Then, one evening, before a function, I walked into one of the doors to the auditorium at PS86. It was one of the doors farthest away from the stage and Guru was up on the stage facing a few disciples that were getting ready for the function. I think he had a microphone. As soon as I walked in, I heard Guru say, "Mark!", like he was really happy to see me. Then he said, "How are you? I was meditating on you." For a moment I was thinking, "Am I supposed to talk to Guru, even though I'm way back here?" At that time I had never talked to Guru outwardly before. Then I realized he was actually talking to another disciple named 'Mark' up front. He was talking to both of us at the same time. But one message had been for me and another message had been for the other disciple. It was so cute. I've been impacted by that ever since.

      ~Mark
    • mahiruha_27
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 8 3:41 PM
        Dear Mark,

        Thank you so much for contributing to this thread. I really appreciate it.

        I received personal birthday blessings from Guru maybe three or four times, but often I would have my most profound experiences when he was meditating on other people for their birthdays. His deep meditative consciousness was available for all, no matter who he was blessing or concentrating on at that moment.

        Thank you again. I'm always really happy and grateful when new people join our forum.

        Sincerely,

        Mahiruha