Recollections: More memories from The Oneness-Fountain-Heart

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2013
      I remember in December 2003, when I was working at The Oneness Fountain Heart restaurant in Flushing, New York, we had a period of about two weeks in which we got a flood of Russian customers. I cannot account for it. Flushing has a large Russian community, but I had never seen these people before. Many of them had heard of Sri Chinmoy and seemed really happy to learn about the existence of this restaurant, dedicated to his philosophy. Some of them bought Guru's books and Jharna-Kala artwork.

      I remember one evening during this so-called "Russian invasion" when a middle aged Russian man was watching Guru on the television screen for about fifteen minutes. Then he turned to me and gestured with both of his hands towards Guru's image, and said "Yogi!" with utmost admiration and devotion.

      I think Russia and India may have a close spiritual connection. I think I remember reading how, when one of Guru's friends from the ashram was dying, he kept saying over and over again, "I will go to Russia! I will go to Russia!" When Guru saw his family members a few years later, they asked about him. Guru told them that this man had reincarnated in Russia, and then they told Guru about his last words, that he knew he would take his next incarnation in Russia. Anyway, I read that story a long time ago, so if anyone could point out to me the actual book this story comes from, or knows the authentic version, I would be grateful.

      --Mahiruha
    • priyadarshan44
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2013
        I must say, on behalf of many of us here in New York, that we miss you
        very much, Mahiruha. Oneness-Fountain-Heart has progressed a lot, but
        without you, it feels always a little empty. We miss you also during
        the functions at Aspiration-Ground, and not being able to see you
        around in the neighborhood, walking or running, always so soulful.

        Yes, we know, you like Chicago very much, and Chicago likes you and
        deserves you, but what about us? Every once in a while, please think
        of all the Mahiruha-fans you have here in Jamaica, Queens as well.

        --priyadarshan