3100 mile race and Guru's Statue

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
      Tonight after meditation, to commemorate the beginning of the 3100 mile race, we watched the movie made about Suprabha which is featured on the site.

      It was very inspiring, especially for new seekers who enjoyed her peaceful yet powerful presence. They also enjoyed hearing how she spoke about Guru, and her love and gratitude to Guru.

      During the race we will make it a weekly event after meditation to watch the updates on Uttpal's blog.

      During last year's race there were times when I went out for my meagre 2 mile run, and when I was finished, I felt so powerfully the presence of the race and the runners, as if their energy had helped me in my own feeble efforts.

      I usually go to NY for Father's day and watch the start of the race, but alas this year I am not able to. Instead, I will be helping to take a group of our students to do the 2 mile fun run that is part of our city's Father's Day Marathon.

      As for Guru's statue in Prague, I heard from some friends in Germany that Guru's head was completely submerged for awhile, and now many places across Europe are using Guru's statue to track how the flood waters are changing daily.
      This is a truly amazing circumstance!

      I wish all of our brothers and sisters in Prague, and in all of the other flooded places patience and strength, to deal with any difficulties that they may encounter.

      Purnakama