Re: Inspiration_letters

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2013
      Hello Jogyata,

      Thank you for your brilliant gift of weaving words.
      An absolute delight!
      I would love it if you shared more poetry here.

      Purnakama
    • jogyata
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2013
        Thank you Purnakama and thank you Arpan for your kind - and I suspect undeserved - words. The topic of reincarnation often comes up here in our meditation courses - sometimes I intentionally play one of Guru's songs whose translated meaning expresses gratitude that 'after thousands of years of wandering, at last I have found You....'. A great lead-in! The questions fly thick and fast. It is good to share Guru's teachings and writings in this way and to offer a few personal stories. I have a famously bad memory - in part a fiction I encourage to avoid unwanted responsibilities - but I do remember some very distant things, though this is not the mind's memory ( most of my own childhood has vanished from all recall!) but the soul's memory, which functions in a rather different way. And some faces and places have also been a catalyst to unusual glimpses. I've come to accept that my own worryingly large collection of shortcomings and human blemishes will also require a longish stretch of time to transform, so I'm grateful for the chance to diminish these in future lifetimes - even while dreading this as well, especially the repeat awful years of school. I'll ask God before coming back if I can again be granted the highest college truancy rate ever achieved by a mortal, one consolation at least. Rich and doting parents too, please, to avoid the horrors of huge chunks of my life wasted in pointless employment. Interestingly, when asked about when Subarata would return to our troubled human world, Guru conveyed in his answer that she might NOT come back at all, hinting that God's grace and other factors might negate the cosmic principle that realization can only be won here. There's a straw to clutch at for those who do not like the whole human experience! In Tenerife once, a Christmas trip in the long-ago, Guru once gave me an experience of flying away from my body, out into a midnight sky like a bird leaving the cage, such a feeling of delight and freedom - such moments make it easier to understand that living and dying are rather dreamlike, that we have forgotten who we really are, and that being happy and loving God are the only real achievements of note. Cheers and thanks!