Re: Tribute Mix on World Harmony Mix

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 16 , May 26, 2013
      Time passes by and I realize that the Mix live-streaming is still available with new-old recordings I love listening to -especially choirs, I just love them a lot.

      Also to my greatest surprise, I have recently found out the first part of Celebrations recordings, something special for those who -like myself- could not get to New York in April.

      Thank you for this flow of continuous Celebrations online!

      In oneness,
      Suchana
    • tejvan_13
      Message 2 of 16 , May 27, 2013
        Thanks to Ashish and Kamalakanta, we have some very good new recordings at Radio Sri Chinmoy, including:

        A talk by Sri Chinmoy from 1974
        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11186/transformation-liberation-revelation-manifestation/

        A 1978 esraj recording by Sri Chinmoy
        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11134/aspiration-delight-esraj/

        Part 1 of recordings from April Celebrations 2013
        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11164/april-2013-celebrations-part-1-2/

        Another classic album from Sri Chinmoy Vision Muse in action
        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11206/o-nectar-ocean-of-infinity/

        At Sri Chinmoy TV, Kedar republished Sri Chinmoy's first organ performance for the 26th anniversary.
        http://www.srichinmoy.tv/339/20th-pipe-organ-anniversary/

        ~

        Tejvan
      • doris.cott
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 14, 2013
          Dear Suchana,

          I too am still enjoying the music uploaded on Shoutcast Radio.

          Recently I was having a migraine for two days and it helped me enormously to go through the nights.

          There are actually quite some mixes available.

          Another heartfelt thanks to Michael.

          Playlists:

          Teachers Of The Heart,
          O Bird Of My Heart,
          Tribute,
          Vaster Than The Sky,
          Vaster Than The Sky1,
          The Queen Of Dawn,
          The Secret Of Secrets,
          Evening Star,
          The Deep Forest,
          Running For Joy,
          Songs Of The Soul Concert,
          Soulful Appeal,
          The Blue Bird...

          I hope I didn't oversee another one.

          Wishing everybody a wonderful day

          Doris
        • suchana27
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 21, 2013
            For the last days I have been listening to Venu´s Group singing Guru´s longest song (Diyulok Chariye). What a wonderful tribute!

            Days after, a kind of ´tribute reply´ from the last recording of Sri Chinmoy playing the Esraj 6 was uploaded; most of them are compositions that I hear for the very first time. This recording makes me also feel the esraj playing like a tiny flute along a few notes.

            You are so true, dear Doris, that Guru´s music has a special touch on every aspect of our life -both spiritual and physical. These blessingful gifts we can cherish freely and untiringly forever with the hope that future generations will grow in a more peaceful and joyful world.

            Here, before leaving you, I want to thank Tejvan who kindly helped my technological ignorance in order to keep on contacting our spiritual forum.

            Many thanks for your warm greetings and kind inspiration!

            Happy days,
            Suchana
          • doris.cott
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 23, 2013
              Yes, dear Suchana, music and especially our master's compositions are unique, what makes them very special for me too. Other words fail me.

              Guru always emphasized on using one's own talents and being creative. Years ago this advice seemed to be so remote for me, that I didn't really identify with it.

              In my youth all my friends were more or less involved and successful in different fields of art. At some point I got frustrated at always praising others' works but not knowing how to express myself. I think I was seeker! :-)

              To be very honest, after many years of listening extensively to the disciple's arrangements of our master's music I almost stopped doing this for the same reason as mentioned above.

              I am someone who needed and maybe still needs encouragement to believe in my own talents. The many beautiful songs uploaded on Shoutcast Radio, for the whole world to listen to, not only gave me the impression that someone must be a real music lover (and being at home in this subject) but also served as an encouragement to continue practicing my own instrument regularly with the result of slowly making progress. It seems to be harder to practice alone (without having an outer teacher) but it is definitely rewarding. It begins to give me joy and for that I am very, very grateful.

              4570 YOUR APPRECIATION-POWER
              Think nicely of others.
              It does not hurt you.
              Appreciate others.
              It cannot lower you.
              On the contrary,
              Your appreciation-power
              Is nothing short of
              Your elevation-tower.

              4808 FAILURES IN THE SINGING WORLD
              There are two kinds of failures
              In the singing world:
              Those who sing without having
              A good singing voice,
              And those who do not sing
              In spite of having a good singing voice.

              From: "Ten-Thousand Flower-Flames" books

              * * *

              Doris

              P.S. I too was quite impressed by Venu's aspiration of singing the long song "Dylok Chariye" every day till the end of his life. Like you, at least I listened to the recording every day since.