Re: 6 and 10 Day Races-Tales From Medical (and Other Comments)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27 6:03 PM
      What a feast! the tradition of Utpal's Perfection Journey race posts http://perfectionjourney.org and now your posts as well - shared here and also together at http://us.srichinmoyraces.org/blog/2013-6and10day-arpan-deangelo.

      Now that the final results are posted on the Marathon team website for the race, I imagine there will be an inspiring story to hear about Nirbhasa's final day of the race mileage of 91 miles.
      http://us.srichinmoyraces.org/10-day-race-2013-results-men

      And did you notice?? 82 runners started this spring and in a few short months it will be the 82nd birth anniversary of Guru, the founder and inspiration behind these races. What are the chances of that coincidence? 82 thousand to 1?

      Sharani
    • arpan_deangelo
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2013
        82- the magic number of this year it seems. Thanks for the comments and the observation of 82 runners representing Guru's 82nd Birthday.
        For me 82 is significant also because I received my spiritual name in 1982.
        In 1982 I also participated in America's Freedom Ride, a Fifty State bicycle relay for the 200th Anniversary of the U.S. Constitution and to draw attention to bicycling for various important environmental reasons.

        I will send a story about Nirbhasa's last day although I was not there for all of it. I am sure I can get him to send his own personal account as well. Stay tuned!!
        Gratefully,
        Arpan