Sri Chinmoy's protection

  • mahiruha_27
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2013
      I remember when Sri Chinmoy returned from his annual "Christmas Trip" meditation pilgrimage, in late January of 1999. Winters are often hard for me, I get down in the dumps because of the dark days and cold weather. I wasn't in the best consciousness when I stood in front of the Master to take Prasad. I just remember he gave me a sweet smile, and that really touched me. He gave me the Prasad and I was about to walk away when he gave me a very serious look. I felt like he was concentrating on something, but I don't know what it was.

      A few days later I got in a bad car accident near my apartment in Philadelphia. I was ok and so was the other driver, but it was a really frightening experience for me. My car was totally wrecked. But I was uninjured. I felt that Sri Chinmoy placed a kind of concentrated protective power on me and that was why the crash was not much worse than it is.

      To this day I feel Guru's protection and kindness. I try to be receptive to that.

      By the way, Sri Chinmoy recommends that people always meditate for a minute before and after they drive, just to invoke protection.

      ---Mahiruha