Re: Of Heaven and hell

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013
      Thanks for relating that wonderful personal account of 'heaven and hell' and your accurately contrasting descriptions of Jamaica, Queens and Celebrations.

      I did notice that some of the people at Celebrations had a chance to see the start of the Ten Day Race at Flushing Meadow Corona Park before leaving for home. It is a uniquely complex and unusual environment set up for the runners and helpers in this familiar park. Whether running, helping or just witnessing the ten days of endless loops and activity, most people are convincingly impressed with the scale of transcendence that is being manifested here.

      I have started writing some first hand experiences and observations from working at the race every day. I am usually there for 7 to 10 hours a day, mostly later in the afternoon until well past midnight. I get to see the transitions from warmer to colder, energized to exhausted, excited and enthusiastic spirits to desperate and disappointing moments in the lives of some of the runners.

      So stay tuned for some of the stories here and on the SCMT Race website. I also am taking some simple photos but not sure if they will make it on. Prabhakar, Utpal and others are taking wonderful photos. Here is the link for the general site for those who have not visited there yet: http://us.srichinmoyraces.org/main-us

      Gratefully,
      Arpan