Re: Our Path – Original Audio Recording

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2013
      I get so much joy at listening to this recording!
      Thank you, Animesh, for offering Guru´s immortal words; I could follow him easily.
      It is so nice to get the feeling of these Celebrations from this front row seat! Cheers!

      Suchana
    • animesh.harrington
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2013
        In February 1965, Sri Chinmoy was interviewed on a New York City radio station, during which he read a short message. This is the earliest known recording of Sri Chinmoy, made just ten months after his arrival in the West, at the age of 33.

        Here, Sri Chinmoy shares his spiritual optimism for the union of East and West: "Across all physical and conventional barriers between East and West, high above national standards, above even individual standards, will fly the supreme banner of Divine Oneness." These prophetic words were published six months later as an essay in the first issue of AUM Magazine in August 1965.

        Listen to the original recording along with transcription.

        http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/east-and-west-recording

        This is the second in a series of rare recordings of impromptu talks, formal lectures, and radio interviews that will be published on Sri Chinmoy Reflections over the coming months.

        http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/rare-recordings

        Thank you to Suchana and others who found the last recording – Our Path – so inspiring. This one is a real treasure too.

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I get so much joy at listening to this recording!
        > Thank you, Animesh, for offering Guru´s immortal words; I could follow him easily.
        > It is so nice to get the feeling of these Celebrations from this front row seat! Cheers!
        >
        > Suchana

      • priyadarshan44
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2013
          Such wonderful recordings!

          Your site is one of the most inspiring I visit,
          and so useful, too.

          Thank you so much for all your hard work!

          Priyadarshan
        • animesh.harrington
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2013
            Thank you Priyadarshan for your kind words about Sri Chinmoy Reflections.

            There are so many fantastic sites that feature Sri Chinmoy's contributions in literature, music, art and sport – sites like Sri Chinmoy Library, Sri Chinmoy Songs, Sri Chinmoy TV, Sri Chinmoy Photo and Radio Sri Chinmoy. So we are trying to come up with things that haven't been seen or heard before.

            It is always an adventure searching through the archives. You never know what gems you will find.

            I hope we are able to add a few more pieces to the grand mosaic of Sri Chinmoy's life that is being created online.

            And thank you too Tejvan for posting links to the Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run in Australia and to Kedar's video of Sri Chinmoy's first organ performance on May 26, 1987.

            It was the 26th anniversary of this historic recital just a few days ago and it might have slipped by unnoticed had it not been for you and Kedar.

            We have begun to list all the significant anniversaries on Sri Chinmoy Reflections front page so everyone can see at a glance what is coming up.

            http://srichinmoy-reflections.com

            It's a big month for anniversaries in June:

            June 1 – Long-Distance Running
            June 13 – Tennis
            June 26 – Weightlifting
            June 26 – Lifting Up the World
            June 27 – Cycling

            It's certainly a good time to celebrate.

            Many thanks to all,

            Animesh