Our Path – Original Audio Recording

  • animesh.harrington
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2013
      "Our path is basically the path of the heart and not that of the mind. This does not mean that I am criticising the path of the mind. Far from it. We feel, that the path of the heart leads us faster towards our goal."

      These are the immortal words of Sri Chinmoy as he spoke to members of his newly formed London Centre on November 21, 1970. It is unquestionably one of Sri Chinmoy's most important talks. The power and conviction of Sri Chinmoy's voice in this original recording is as accessible and inspiring today as it was all those decades ago.

      http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/our-path-recording

      This is the first in a series of rare recordings of impromptu talks, formal lectures, and radio interviews that will be published on Sri Chinmoy Reflections over the coming months. They retain the spontaneity and immediacy of the point in time at which these extraordinary talks were created. The contemporary listener now has a front row seat in the audience.

      http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/rare-recordings

      Since some of the early recordings are not of the highest quality, and many first-time listeners may find it difficult to grasp Sri Chinmoy's unique phrasing, a word-for-word transcription of each original talk is provided so the reader can easily follow, uninterrupted, the poetic flow of Sri Chinmoy's speech.

      Happy April 13th to all,

      Animesh
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2013
        I get so much joy at listening to this recording!
        Thank you, Animesh, for offering Guru´s immortal words; I could follow him easily.
        It is so nice to get the feeling of these Celebrations from this front row seat! Cheers!

        Suchana
      • animesh.harrington
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5 2:48 PM
          In February 1965, Sri Chinmoy was interviewed on a New York City radio station, during which he read a short message. This is the earliest known recording of Sri Chinmoy, made just ten months after his arrival in the West, at the age of 33.

          Here, Sri Chinmoy shares his spiritual optimism for the union of East and West: "Across all physical and conventional barriers between East and West, high above national standards, above even individual standards, will fly the supreme banner of Divine Oneness." These prophetic words were published six months later as an essay in the first issue of AUM Magazine in August 1965.

          Listen to the original recording along with transcription.

          http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/east-and-west-recording

          This is the second in a series of rare recordings of impromptu talks, formal lectures, and radio interviews that will be published on Sri Chinmoy Reflections over the coming months.

          http://srichinmoy-reflections.com/rare-recordings

          Thank you to Suchana and others who found the last recording – Our Path – so inspiring. This one is a real treasure too.

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, suchana27 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > I get so much joy at listening to this recording!
          > Thank you, Animesh, for offering Guru´s immortal words; I could follow him easily.
          > It is so nice to get the feeling of these Celebrations from this front row seat! Cheers!
          >
          > Suchana

        • priyadarshan44
          Message 4 of 5 , May 8 9:46 AM
            Such wonderful recordings!

            Your site is one of the most inspiring I visit,
            and so useful, too.

            Thank you so much for all your hard work!

            Priyadarshan
          • animesh.harrington
            Message 5 of 5 , May 30 1:31 AM
              Thank you Priyadarshan for your kind words about Sri Chinmoy Reflections.

              There are so many fantastic sites that feature Sri Chinmoy's contributions in literature, music, art and sport – sites like Sri Chinmoy Library, Sri Chinmoy Songs, Sri Chinmoy TV, Sri Chinmoy Photo and Radio Sri Chinmoy. So we are trying to come up with things that haven't been seen or heard before.

              It is always an adventure searching through the archives. You never know what gems you will find.

              I hope we are able to add a few more pieces to the grand mosaic of Sri Chinmoy's life that is being created online.

              And thank you too Tejvan for posting links to the Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run in Australia and to Kedar's video of Sri Chinmoy's first organ performance on May 26, 1987.

              It was the 26th anniversary of this historic recital just a few days ago and it might have slipped by unnoticed had it not been for you and Kedar.

              We have begun to list all the significant anniversaries on Sri Chinmoy Reflections front page so everyone can see at a glance what is coming up.

              http://srichinmoy-reflections.com

              It's a big month for anniversaries in June:

              June 1 – Long-Distance Running
              June 13 – Tennis
              June 26 – Weightlifting
              June 26 – Lifting Up the World
              June 27 – Cycling

              It's certainly a good time to celebrate.

              Many thanks to all,

              Animesh