Re: Tribute Mix on World Harmony Mix

  • doris.cott
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 8, 2013
      Dear Michael,

      I can't thank you enough, and especially our Guru for bringing down from Heaven such beautiful songs, and also the "singing birds" including Kamalakanta's arrangements and Purnakama's outstanding voice. I do not always understand each and every word correctly in songs sung by different groups, but I enjoy the melodies and arrangements anyway.

      Somehow by listening to the music and meditating on Guru's performances I do not feel alone in my joys and sorrows.

      Each of us may have a different taste of music which is wonderful as no-one is alike. Your choice of Guru's music encompasses great variety which is one reason why I like it. Another reason is that I did not visit all the beautiful websites too often recently, for the simple reason that sometimes my eyes are affected by the light that radiates from the computer. So the gratitude is on my side for the opportunity to listen for hours to well selected music that gives joy to the ear and the heart. After listening for 10 minutes I feel refreshed.

      Since the existence of Radio Sri Chinmoy and Sri Chinmoy Tv I have give away many of my precious CDs and videos to my son and his friends who are interested in spirituality. You are right to ask people to spread Guru's music . We all remember well and are grateful for those who gave classes and found us seekers who were searching for a higher truth.

      Some years ago you made two of your own compositions available that I received from a NY disciple. The title is Joy and Longing. I like those as well. Perhaps, some time, more of your own music could be made available?

      -Doris
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 16 , May 26, 2013
        Time passes by and I realize that the Mix live-streaming is still available with new-old recordings I love listening to -especially choirs, I just love them a lot.

        Also to my greatest surprise, I have recently found out the first part of Celebrations recordings, something special for those who -like myself- could not get to New York in April.

        Thank you for this flow of continuous Celebrations online!

        In oneness,
        Suchana
      • tejvan_13
        Message 3 of 16 , May 27, 2013
          Thanks to Ashish and Kamalakanta, we have some very good new recordings at Radio Sri Chinmoy, including:

          A talk by Sri Chinmoy from 1974
          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11186/transformation-liberation-revelation-manifestation/

          A 1978 esraj recording by Sri Chinmoy
          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11134/aspiration-delight-esraj/

          Part 1 of recordings from April Celebrations 2013
          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11164/april-2013-celebrations-part-1-2/

          Another classic album from Sri Chinmoy Vision Muse in action
          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11206/o-nectar-ocean-of-infinity/

          At Sri Chinmoy TV, Kedar republished Sri Chinmoy's first organ performance for the 26th anniversary.
          http://www.srichinmoy.tv/339/20th-pipe-organ-anniversary/

          ~

          Tejvan
        • doris.cott
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 14, 2013
            Dear Suchana,

            I too am still enjoying the music uploaded on Shoutcast Radio.

            Recently I was having a migraine for two days and it helped me enormously to go through the nights.

            There are actually quite some mixes available.

            Another heartfelt thanks to Michael.

            Playlists:

            Teachers Of The Heart,
            O Bird Of My Heart,
            Tribute,
            Vaster Than The Sky,
            Vaster Than The Sky1,
            The Queen Of Dawn,
            The Secret Of Secrets,
            Evening Star,
            The Deep Forest,
            Running For Joy,
            Songs Of The Soul Concert,
            Soulful Appeal,
            The Blue Bird...

            I hope I didn't oversee another one.

            Wishing everybody a wonderful day

            Doris
          • suchana27
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 21, 2013
              For the last days I have been listening to Venu´s Group singing Guru´s longest song (Diyulok Chariye). What a wonderful tribute!

              Days after, a kind of ´tribute reply´ from the last recording of Sri Chinmoy playing the Esraj 6 was uploaded; most of them are compositions that I hear for the very first time. This recording makes me also feel the esraj playing like a tiny flute along a few notes.

              You are so true, dear Doris, that Guru´s music has a special touch on every aspect of our life -both spiritual and physical. These blessingful gifts we can cherish freely and untiringly forever with the hope that future generations will grow in a more peaceful and joyful world.

              Here, before leaving you, I want to thank Tejvan who kindly helped my technological ignorance in order to keep on contacting our spiritual forum.

              Many thanks for your warm greetings and kind inspiration!

              Happy days,
              Suchana
            • doris.cott
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 23, 2013
                Yes, dear Suchana, music and especially our master's compositions are unique, what makes them very special for me too. Other words fail me.

                Guru always emphasized on using one's own talents and being creative. Years ago this advice seemed to be so remote for me, that I didn't really identify with it.

                In my youth all my friends were more or less involved and successful in different fields of art. At some point I got frustrated at always praising others' works but not knowing how to express myself. I think I was seeker! :-)

                To be very honest, after many years of listening extensively to the disciple's arrangements of our master's music I almost stopped doing this for the same reason as mentioned above.

                I am someone who needed and maybe still needs encouragement to believe in my own talents. The many beautiful songs uploaded on Shoutcast Radio, for the whole world to listen to, not only gave me the impression that someone must be a real music lover (and being at home in this subject) but also served as an encouragement to continue practicing my own instrument regularly with the result of slowly making progress. It seems to be harder to practice alone (without having an outer teacher) but it is definitely rewarding. It begins to give me joy and for that I am very, very grateful.

                4570 YOUR APPRECIATION-POWER
                Think nicely of others.
                It does not hurt you.
                Appreciate others.
                It cannot lower you.
                On the contrary,
                Your appreciation-power
                Is nothing short of
                Your elevation-tower.

                4808 FAILURES IN THE SINGING WORLD
                There are two kinds of failures
                In the singing world:
                Those who sing without having
                A good singing voice,
                And those who do not sing
                In spite of having a good singing voice.

                From: "Ten-Thousand Flower-Flames" books

                * * *

                Doris

                P.S. I too was quite impressed by Venu's aspiration of singing the long song "Dylok Chariye" every day till the end of his life. Like you, at least I listened to the recording every day since.