Re: Tribute Mix on World Harmony Mix

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 3, 2013
      Hi Sumangali,
      Now I am intrigued! In your praise for Michael's finely crafted Tribute Mix, you quote from the St. John Passion by Bach (which truth to tell I only know :-) because I searched it in Google).

      Are you "resurrecting" some earlier thread shared here when Michael was the A.M. (Assistant Moderator)? I remember Mahiruha writing passionately about some of Bach's Passions but I think it was St. Matthew. Since you are an awesome published wordsmith,
      http://www.amazon.com/Sumangali-Morhall/e/B0078B0TA0/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0
      I am thinking there is an invitation to delve further into this subject or harken back to a prior conversation.

      Or you listened to the Passion for Easter? I went to church on Easter Sunday to a church kind of near my house where they have a labyrinth patterned exactly in the format of the one in the Chartres Cathedral. As part of the service, we stood while the choir did the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah. I think one time I actually wrote here that I always felt the Messiah was more for Easter than Christmas which is when it is traditionally performed here in the States. I was in Seventh Heaven while they sang it at Easter.

      Looking forward to seeing you in New York soon, I hope! And to hearing more about the freudigen Schritten.

      Sharani
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 4, 2013
        I cannot thank enough those responsible for uploading all of this most inspiring music to have just at the click of a mouse.

        In my browsing I found a recording of one of my absolute favorite groups, Vedic Fire.

        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/10771/vedic-fire-february-1st-2013/

        I absolutely love Guru's musical settings of these chants. They are so haunting, and beautifully singable, and Vedic Fire renders these sacred chants so artfully and soulfully.

        Listening to this makes me feel like I'm at Aspiration Ground, candles lit, starry sky, crickets chirping.

        Which brings me to a request. Perhaps this has already been done somewhere, but it would be fantastic if someone put together a Wednesday or Saturday Night Aspiration Ground function collection that we could go to, and pretend that we're actually there in New York, and get at least some of the feeling, and have our own Aspiration Ground functions at home. Even the funny plays:)

        Thanks again for the inspiring music journey!

        Purnakama
      • sumangali_m
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 5, 2013
          Hello Sharani

          Oh dear, in my cryptic clue I've accidentally given the impression that I'm either more clever or less sane than I am - not for the first time on this forum :-) Especially perhaps that I speak German, when I have not a word of it to my name (entschuldigen Sie bitte). Neither do I know anything at all about music, other than that I'd wilt like a week-old Easter daffodil without it.

          So here is the very simple answer to my accidental riddle: I was hoping to draw more attention to the delightful Tribute Mix, without giving away one of its surprises. There are some excerpts from Bach's St John Passion hidden in there somewhere. I had been listening to both Passions over Easter, and was fortunate to catch a live performance. Like you, I was taken to "Seventh Heaven". I'd also just seen an excellent documentary by John Eliot Gardiner on the BBC - Bach: A Passionate Life - so the Passions are all the more fresh in my mind, as I'm sure they are for many people this time of year.

          Well, isn't this just like old times in the Inspiration Group! Thanks so much for your reply, and for the lovely images of your local church. Somehow losing two of our sisters has made me feel all the more lucky in the life we have. I look forward to seeing you and everyone next week "at home" in real life...

          Sumangali
        • assistantmummer
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 5, 2013
            Thanks so much to those who are listening to World Harmony Mix streaming radio:

            http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/live-streaming/

            The tribute to Sushumna and Dodula was inspired by moving comments from Tejvan and Doris about what these two dear souls meant to them.

            To answer your question, Doris: I haven't played any of my own music, but do often include music from Inspiration Group stalwarts like Purnakama (solo and with Gandharva Loka Orchestra), Kamalakanta (solo and with Sangit Tarangini), and Sumangali (with Temple-Song-Hearts).

            Some Inspiration Group posters from the hoary past are also represented: Prachar (with Vision-Muse In Action), Sushmitam (with Shindhu), and many more.

            World Harmony Mix would not be possible without the kind and generous cooperation of the artists themselves, as well as RadioSriChinmoy.org, SongsOfTheSoul.com, SriChinmoy.tv, SriChinmoySongs.com, and technical help from Priyadarshan. (Thank you, thank you, thank you!)

            Music has always saved me, and that is doubly true of Sri Chinmoy's music which is so unique and special, whether performed by the Master himself, or interpreted by his students with such love and devotion, and in a tremendous variety of styles.

            If offering this music in a new format gets people to listen more, I'm most grateful for the opportunity. This music has lifted my spirits on countless occasions, and I'm of the firm opinion that the more one listens to Sri Chinmoy's music, the more there is to know and discover.

            Michael

            --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, doris.cott <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Dear A.M., Thank you for your oneness and great pains over compiling all those beautiful recordings. Like Tejvan, I am listening for hours to them. I am especially grateful for the song Jibaner Bhar sung by our Guru. I had been wondering indeed, where you would find all those recordings.
            >
            > Knowing you as a modest person and a musician and composer yourself you might even have mixed some of your own creations?
            >
            > Thank you again
            >
            > Doris

          • vasanti_hd
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 5, 2013
              Just spending the last night before N.Y. finishing stuff at the computer - listening actually for the first time to the World Harmony Mix, for a couple of hours now - and I can only say one thing: SO AMAZING. So many so powerful (and also sweet and upbeat) pieces, by Sri Chinmoy and disciples alike, and such a wide diversity! Of course, particularly touching now the life/death song, but also the Peace Flame, Guru´s organ, Siddharta etc. etc. - thank you so much for this amazing offering!

              Vasanti
            • suchana27
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 7, 2013
                This "Tribute" is a powerful and wonderful collection.

                I hope that we´ll still enjoy this music of the soul during Celebrations.

                Very grateful,
                Suchana
              • doris.cott
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 8, 2013
                  Dear Michael,

                  I can't thank you enough, and especially our Guru for bringing down from Heaven such beautiful songs, and also the "singing birds" including Kamalakanta's arrangements and Purnakama's outstanding voice. I do not always understand each and every word correctly in songs sung by different groups, but I enjoy the melodies and arrangements anyway.

                  Somehow by listening to the music and meditating on Guru's performances I do not feel alone in my joys and sorrows.

                  Each of us may have a different taste of music which is wonderful as no-one is alike. Your choice of Guru's music encompasses great variety which is one reason why I like it. Another reason is that I did not visit all the beautiful websites too often recently, for the simple reason that sometimes my eyes are affected by the light that radiates from the computer. So the gratitude is on my side for the opportunity to listen for hours to well selected music that gives joy to the ear and the heart. After listening for 10 minutes I feel refreshed.

                  Since the existence of Radio Sri Chinmoy and Sri Chinmoy Tv I have give away many of my precious CDs and videos to my son and his friends who are interested in spirituality. You are right to ask people to spread Guru's music . We all remember well and are grateful for those who gave classes and found us seekers who were searching for a higher truth.

                  Some years ago you made two of your own compositions available that I received from a NY disciple. The title is Joy and Longing. I like those as well. Perhaps, some time, more of your own music could be made available?

                  -Doris
                • suchana27
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 26, 2013
                    Time passes by and I realize that the Mix live-streaming is still available with new-old recordings I love listening to -especially choirs, I just love them a lot.

                    Also to my greatest surprise, I have recently found out the first part of Celebrations recordings, something special for those who -like myself- could not get to New York in April.

                    Thank you for this flow of continuous Celebrations online!

                    In oneness,
                    Suchana
                  • tejvan_13
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 27, 2013
                      Thanks to Ashish and Kamalakanta, we have some very good new recordings at Radio Sri Chinmoy, including:

                      A talk by Sri Chinmoy from 1974
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11186/transformation-liberation-revelation-manifestation/

                      A 1978 esraj recording by Sri Chinmoy
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11134/aspiration-delight-esraj/

                      Part 1 of recordings from April Celebrations 2013
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11164/april-2013-celebrations-part-1-2/

                      Another classic album from Sri Chinmoy Vision Muse in action
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/11206/o-nectar-ocean-of-infinity/

                      At Sri Chinmoy TV, Kedar republished Sri Chinmoy's first organ performance for the 26th anniversary.
                      http://www.srichinmoy.tv/339/20th-pipe-organ-anniversary/

                      ~

                      Tejvan
                    • doris.cott
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 14 11:35 PM
                        Dear Suchana,

                        I too am still enjoying the music uploaded on Shoutcast Radio.

                        Recently I was having a migraine for two days and it helped me enormously to go through the nights.

                        There are actually quite some mixes available.

                        Another heartfelt thanks to Michael.

                        Playlists:

                        Teachers Of The Heart,
                        O Bird Of My Heart,
                        Tribute,
                        Vaster Than The Sky,
                        Vaster Than The Sky1,
                        The Queen Of Dawn,
                        The Secret Of Secrets,
                        Evening Star,
                        The Deep Forest,
                        Running For Joy,
                        Songs Of The Soul Concert,
                        Soulful Appeal,
                        The Blue Bird...

                        I hope I didn't oversee another one.

                        Wishing everybody a wonderful day

                        Doris
                      • suchana27
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 21 2:45 PM
                          For the last days I have been listening to Venu´s Group singing Guru´s longest song (Diyulok Chariye). What a wonderful tribute!

                          Days after, a kind of ´tribute reply´ from the last recording of Sri Chinmoy playing the Esraj 6 was uploaded; most of them are compositions that I hear for the very first time. This recording makes me also feel the esraj playing like a tiny flute along a few notes.

                          You are so true, dear Doris, that Guru´s music has a special touch on every aspect of our life -both spiritual and physical. These blessingful gifts we can cherish freely and untiringly forever with the hope that future generations will grow in a more peaceful and joyful world.

                          Here, before leaving you, I want to thank Tejvan who kindly helped my technological ignorance in order to keep on contacting our spiritual forum.

                          Many thanks for your warm greetings and kind inspiration!

                          Happy days,
                          Suchana
                        • doris.cott
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 23 5:38 AM
                            Yes, dear Suchana, music and especially our master's compositions are unique, what makes them very special for me too. Other words fail me.

                            Guru always emphasized on using one's own talents and being creative. Years ago this advice seemed to be so remote for me, that I didn't really identify with it.

                            In my youth all my friends were more or less involved and successful in different fields of art. At some point I got frustrated at always praising others' works but not knowing how to express myself. I think I was seeker! :-)

                            To be very honest, after many years of listening extensively to the disciple's arrangements of our master's music I almost stopped doing this for the same reason as mentioned above.

                            I am someone who needed and maybe still needs encouragement to believe in my own talents. The many beautiful songs uploaded on Shoutcast Radio, for the whole world to listen to, not only gave me the impression that someone must be a real music lover (and being at home in this subject) but also served as an encouragement to continue practicing my own instrument regularly with the result of slowly making progress. It seems to be harder to practice alone (without having an outer teacher) but it is definitely rewarding. It begins to give me joy and for that I am very, very grateful.

                            4570 YOUR APPRECIATION-POWER
                            Think nicely of others.
                            It does not hurt you.
                            Appreciate others.
                            It cannot lower you.
                            On the contrary,
                            Your appreciation-power
                            Is nothing short of
                            Your elevation-tower.

                            4808 FAILURES IN THE SINGING WORLD
                            There are two kinds of failures
                            In the singing world:
                            Those who sing without having
                            A good singing voice,
                            And those who do not sing
                            In spite of having a good singing voice.

                            From: "Ten-Thousand Flower-Flames" books

                            * * *

                            Doris

                            P.S. I too was quite impressed by Venu's aspiration of singing the long song "Dylok Chariye" every day till the end of his life. Like you, at least I listened to the recording every day since.