World Harmony Run in Florida, March 2013

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2013
      I just tried to open a link that someone sent for the World Harmony Run in Florida but it did not work. Please try this one which seems to work:
      http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/usa/news/2013/florida

      It was a whirlwind week of events starting in Miami on March 9. We went to an outdoor festival that evening and then three churches on Sunday, 10 March. Dhurjaya and Dhristi were our brilliant coordinators in Miami.

      Salil and Prabhakar and I then drove up to Fort Meyers on the Gulf of Mexico coast of southern Florida. On the way we stopped at a park in the Everglades where alligators roam freely along the water's edge everywhere you go. Some great photos on that story at this website link as well, 11 March.

      We have all the stories and photos from Miami and then Fort Meyers as well where we visited 12 schools in 3 days, over 8,000 children in all. Our good friend Cathy Oerter worked with Prakahara(Wash.DC), to organize incredible events which culminated on Friday, 15 March with a big ceremony at a baseball stadium. There were 9 Olympians there, lots of kids and their artwork and poetry which was part of a contest in the local schools while we were there.

      We had Guru's Jharna-Kala on display as well in conjuction with Art of the Olympians, Cathy Oerter's organization that helped to sponsor all of these events. She was also the one who made it possible to get Guru's statue at the Olympic venue in London last summer.

      So when you go to this link just click on a date in March in Florida and you will be amazed of how much took place in such a short time.
      http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/usa/news/2013/florida

      Happy 'surfing',
      Arpan