"Self-Transcendence Attempt" Medley on Radio Sri Chinmoy

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
      Dear all,

      Two days ago we published on Radio Sri Chinmoy an arrangement/medley, based on two of Sri Chinmoy's melodies: Se Je Amai Chaina Kabhu, and Vishnu Debata Vishnu.

      SE JE AMAI CHAINA KABHU
      Translation

      "He never wants me whom I call.
      I have received only deception from Him
      In return for my love.
      I always play on my compassion-flute
      In spite of my heart's ceaseless pangs.
      Alas, Him I can never forget."

      VISHNU DEBATA VISHNU
      Translation

      "O Lord Vishnu, O Lord Vishnu!
      You are Your Eternity's Patience-Light.
      O Compassion Incarnate!
      You are Your Infinity's Forgiveness-Flow."

      - Sri Chinmoy

      I started doing this arrangement at the beginning of December 2012, and have been practicing and perfecting it for the last few months..finally, last week, I felt ready to do a "final" recording, and then I wanted to share it with the world at large. I hope you like it!

      http://tinyurl.com/ckzan2z

      gratitude to all who contribute to this site!

      Kamalakanta
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
        Hi Kamalakanta,
        Thanks for sharing your medley of these two songs. I especially liked the middle of the arrangement where you alternated lines from the two songs in such a way that they seemed like they were meant to be sung together.

        Your devotion and spirit really come through in both the music and what you wrote on Radio Sri Chinmoy about the journey creating the arrangement.

        I remember you saying "My Lord" in a way that is hard to imagine anyone else being able to to say that in conversation with Guru. That same sentiment comes through in your arrangements. Please keep sharing with us this expression of your love for Guru's music and musical arrangement.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2013
          Thanks, Sharani, for your kind words.....

          I performed this medley at Aspiration-Ground last Saturday, and it was a good spiritual experience. It was well received.

          See you at the Celebrations!

          with gratitude,

          Kamalakanta