Re: OT - Bird Imagery in Secular and Sacred Music

    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 8, 2013
      My newly adopted rescue cat and I were previously partial to the cardinals, bluejays and other birds of a less colorful variety that are sighted at the bird feeder on my deck in view from inside the house. However, I must say that both of us have enjoyed this musical mix with the theme of birds. Especially anything with a classical hue resonates with the kitty Pixie, who in somewhat typical fashion favors soothing classical music. Thanks for the selection which provides extended listening and variety within the genre "Sri Chinmoy".

      Sharani
    • doris.cott
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 10, 2013
        The Sukh Pakhi is freshly hatched as I just moved into a new, quiet nest after all the infighting in the old one. Perhaps some birds have been outgrown and needed more space. ;-)

        Now I am sitting in the middle of all the colorful feathers that have to be sorted, but proudly I can say that one third of my belognings are books by Sri Chinmoy.

        Something like World Harmony Mix I have been wishing for. I hope a simple "Thank you" will make it. The Gandharva Loka orchestra performance of Andhar Guhai Parbona is causing me goose bumps. I would have loved to join this performance, but one cannot have everything. I am content.

        The "Dueling Banshees" was a nice game we played in 2005.

        -Doris
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 11, 2013
          "I did not practice any special meditation techniques, but I was listening to this music for hours while I was at work. It made me feel happier, more relaxed and patient with the customers", a young seeker told me before yesterday.

          Me too, I am so happy to listen to some of my favourite songs on

          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/live-streaming/

          Many thanks, dear Michael, for the World Harmony Mix news!!!!

          Suchana