World Harmony Mix Streams on Shoutcast Radio

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
      Hi everybody,
      If you like to listen to streaming music on your computer or your iPhone or iPod, may I recommend you give a listen to a really cool mix of music from different musicians and groups who perform Sri Chinmoy's compositions. If you visit http://www.shoutcast.com and type in World Harmony Mix in the search box, this streaming mix plays with a nice flow of music that ranges from Adesh to Sri Chinmoy himself to Gandharva Loka Orchestra. Currently one "theme" is the song Usha Bala Elo performed by 13 different groups.

      If you get hooked on listening to this like me, you can choose many options for a radio player - iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, Real Player, Quicktime, an APP for iOS devices.

      A couple of months ago at Christmastime, I explored different channels of holiday themed music on Shoutcast and ended up listening to one that played instrumental only arrangements (no singing) of holiday music with an international "flavor." But I am sure you will be drawn to this World Harmony Mix channel if you like to listen to artfully created music mixes featuring the music of Sri Chinmoy.

      Happy Listening!
      Sharani
      p.s. another link besides the shoutcast website is http://narada.vasudevaserver.net/start/whm/ or
      http://96.126.107.232:8004
      but with these links you need to choose a player for it to play in and from the shoutcast website you can just click on the play button and it will come through your computer's speakers without additional steps.
    • tejvan_13
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 12:04 AM
        Thanks for sharing the link, Sharani.

        To make it easier to find, we've embedded the player at:
        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/live-streaming/

        Thanks to Ashish and Kamalakanta, there are also some excellent new recordings recently made available at:

        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/

        ~

        Tejvan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 7:19 PM
          What a great idea! And I wholeheartedly agree that the music being added to Radio Sri Chinmoy lately is nothing less than awesome! I count myself as very musically wealthy with so many listening possibilities there. All these volunteers and musicians are perhaps too often the "unsung" heroes! (yes pun intended)

          Sharani
        • natalia_1331
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 14 8:05 PM
            Thanks Sharani for bringing this excellent collection of Guru's music to our attention.

            I found this selection of music to have a special quality in it. It is as though each song flows into the next forming a beautiful cohesive piece of music. It reminds me of some of Guru's bird drawings where many smaller birds were inside one larger bird. The World Harmony Mix is a well put together representation of Guru's music.

            The World Harmony Mix was put together with obvious care by Michael Howard.

            http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/world%20harmony%20mix
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 19 8:00 PM
              And this theme about birds is new since I first discovered the channel. The theme was the dawn when I first spoke of it here. Since as you say, a lot of careful work is clearly involved, I am sincerely impressed that already there is a new theme of birds so soon after the "dawn". We are so lucky to have such talent and self-giving in our "family".

              Still enjoying the music,