Re: Australia's No. 1 news magazine features Grahak and the 3100 Mile Race

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 21, 2013
      Thanks for the update on Grahak's book and articles. It was such a joy to be in the same race as him last summer. He was always very pleasant to run with and talk to.

      I have not read the book yet but I can't wait. I hope he mentioned the funny skits we did for the helpers and singers. He was one of the main catalysts for the humor and jokes that brightened up a few tired morning laps as we journeyed our way to an amazing goal together with ten other brave souls.

      Even though I had to endure a few painful injuries this time and could not complete the whole distance, Grahak never failed to encourage me and tell me how much it inspires him to see me persevere through all my difficulties.

      He also kindly came to the race and encourage us after he was done as we struggled in the final days of the race. As a winner of first place one may think it was easy for him, but I saw first hand how difficult it was for him and how much sincere determined effort and pain he had to endure to transcend his previous achievements.

      I have started writing my own account of my two 3100 mile races 'from the back of the pack' so to speak. Grahak will definitely be featured in it as he truly embodied the spirit of the 3100 mile race in every way.

      Gratefully,
      Arpan
    • animesh.harrington
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 21, 2013
        Thanks Arpan,

        We are all very proud of him. He really is an inner and outer champion.

        I was only thinking the other day that his run in last year's 3100-mile race gained more media attention here in Australia than any other event we have ever done, either individually or as a team, including the World Harmony Runs.

        It was a great effort by all of you who participated and it inspired so many people around the word.

        I look forward to reading your book. You are an inspiration to all 'those of a certain age'.

        Animesh
      • bigalita
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 21, 2013
          Grahak, will there be a way for "non-Kindle" readers to read your book? I hate to miss all your wonderful and inspiring stories and insight in such an incredible achievement. Thank you
          Bigalita
        • animesh.harrington
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2013
            Grahak was interviewed on Channel 9's Today Show - Sunday, February 24 - and broadcast around Australia. In a live hook up from Perth, he spoke about his experiences in last year's 3,100 Mile Race.

            Here is the clip on YouTube:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex8Bb0V9cis

            For Bigalita, and other non-Kindle readers, I'm sure Grahak will be bringing out a hard copy of his book.
          • bigalita
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
              Grahak, that was a great interview. I hope they all could see the joy and peace that you got from your incredible self-transcendence.
              Australia has very good TV coverage, they really did appreciate your achievement. Also I am very happy that you will have your book in print - looking forward to purchasing it.
              Keep up the joy and love of running.
              Bigalita